• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is siege is still per barony as plan or when you win siege against one province you capture all the barony in it? Looking at the pic looks like siege is per county/province not per barony?

Siege is per barony. The lines crossing the occupied province are intermittent until you control every barony. For the purposes of holy wars I'm pretty sure you don't need to take out every baron, but just occupy all the relevant counties.

Looks great! Thanks for writing. All the inter-family politics were very interesting to follow. The penalty for a large demesne is harsh, but I like how it affects troop levies and everything rather than just sucking away a certain percentage of your income like in CK1.

Question: You really did lose basically all your prestige by the end of the war -- was that a direct result of your treasury going below zero, or did you have events or something that tanked prestige? We never saw it before the war so it's hard to tell how much you lost. Like the large demesne penalty, zapping that prestige for a minor bankruptcy makes things tougher! Makes sense, but still not something I look forward to. :p

Is siege is still per barony as plan or when you win siege against one province you capture all the barony in it? Looking at the pic looks like siege is per county/province not per barony?

You don't see baronies on the map they are just holdings inside the county. When you siege the province you first siege the capital holding usually a castle. Then you continue until you have sieged all those holdings that belong to the enemy. Note that some of those holdings might be owned by other rulers who are not war with you or vassals of your enemy. You can see on the map how much of the county you have captured as the lines get solid when you have taken it fully. This you can even see clearly in the picture where he is going after his enemys army.

@Dorevai & Wezqu,
Thanks for the asnwer! After the first castle fall (capital holding on the province), can we pick which barony on that province we are going to siege next? or it's random?

Something is wrong with Kiev Rus' starting setup in CKII.

I'm not a history buff but even wikipedia says that Izyislav's primary title was (Grand) Prince (Duke) of Kiev http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iziaslav_I_of_Kiev. So I think his Demesne should be called Kiev and the capital should be Kiev. Halych became capital only after final disintegration of Kiev Rus' in early 13th century.

Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm not criticizing developer just pointing out that something there could use little attention.

Galich.
:p

@Dorevai & Wezqu,
Thanks for the asnwer! After the first castle fall (capital holding on the province), can we pick which barony on that province we are going to siege next? or it's random?

What we have seen it goes in order. So first the capital then the second holding and so on. Haven't seen anybody change the target.

Is there part 2 coming up?