• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 17, 2011
Hello everyone!

I'm Andras Klujber, the lead designer of Defenders of Ardania and i'm here to answer your questions. Feel free to ask anything about the game, and i'll try to answer them during the afternoon.

Cool. :)

1. How many levels are there?
2. Will there be a level editor?
3. How moddable is the game?
4. Will this game need Steam?
5. Does the Rock-Paper-Scissors balance between the three races inhibit the addition of future races?
6. How competent is the AI?

Cool. :)

1. How many levels are there?
2. Will there be a level editor?
3. How moddable is the game?
4. Will this game need Steam?
5. Does the Rock-Paper-Scissors balance between the three races inhibit the addition of future races?
6. How competent is the AI?

1. 18
2. Nope. Maybe in a DLC, but it's not a promise.
3. We don't plan mods to the Defenders of Ardania.
4. Yes.
5. Yes, but more like the Rock-Paper-Scissors-Lizard-Spock scheme ;)
6. The AI can react most of the tactics. It can monitor the enemy units and able to build a proper defense line against them, it also have various offensive tactics, and it is very effective about using all the spells.

Last edited:
Some previews have pointed out "problems" with the PC controls. Will there be any changes to PC controls before the game is released?

Hello Grimjaur!

Yes we had problems about that, and we've tried to fix it. The control of the preview build based on the console version, but in the final release you'll get a totally pc friendly control layout.

Thank you for taking the time to answer our questions. On the Defenders of Ardania Video Interview page at Youtube I read in the description that 'Although Defenders of Ardania includes a single-player portion, the focus of the game is undoubtedly multiplayer'. As someone that would be primarily interested in the solo campaign I'm concerned that the single player (SP) 'portion' is therefore less developed. Can the SP stand on its own or is it merely an addition to what is essentially a multiplayer game?

The multiplayer does sound like it would be tremendous fun with a group of friends I must admit. With the game using Steam for the PC version, will there also be Steam Achievements?

I'm intrigued by the mention of a hero unit and experience points in the game, is there an RPG element to Defenders of Ardania?

Finally, are there plans to release a demo for the PC?

Tower defense is not a genre I'm normally interested in however having watched the videos and read the interviews today, I am certainly going to follow Defenders of Ardania's progress. Thanks for sharing with us.

Thank you for taking the time to answer our questions. On the Defenders of Ardania Video Interview page at Youtube I read in the description that 'Although Defenders of Ardania includes a single-player portion, the focus of the game is undoubtedly multiplayer'. As someone that would be primarily interested in the solo campaign I'm concerned that the single player (SP) 'portion' is therefore less developed. Can the SP stand on its own or is it merely an addition to what is essentially a multiplayer game?

The multiplayer does sound like it would be tremendous fun with a group of friends I must admit. With the game using Steam for the PC version, will there also be Steam Achievements?

I'm intrigued by the mention of a hero unit and experience points in the game, is there an RPG element to Defenders of Ardania?

Finally, are there plans to release a demo for the PC?

Tower defense is not a genre I'm normally interested in however having watched the videos and read the interviews today, I am certainly going to follow Defenders of Ardania's progress. Thanks for sharing with us.

Hello Jordan!

The campaign of the game is not just a tutorial for the multiplayer games, but also an independent single player game mode with full of interesting levels and story elements. If it's not enough there are two additional single player mode, the survival and the limited resoures, where you can play again the campaign levels with different game rules.

Yes, there are 12 Steam achievements in the game.

Well, you dont have to micromanage your units or heroes - so, no skill points or skilltree, and fancy stats - but they can advance in levels automatically, based on their effectiveness on the battlefield.

Yes, we are planning to release a demo very soon.

Last edited:
Thank you very much for responding Andras, you answered my questions perfectly. The demo will be eagerly awaited!

I wish you the very best with the game, I'm sure it will be very well received and successful.

Looking forward to this - this is being released on PS3 aye? Great to see Paradox getting more into console games (but deffo _don't_ stop releasing all your awesome series on PC :)). I'm a big fan of the 'ole tower defence (on both PC and PS3), and very much looking forward to giving this a good shake when it releases :). If it's not coming on PS3, will it have gamepad support on PC?

1. Will there be a Box Version in the Stores or only a Download? If yes, when will it come to the stores (all i heard was about the 6th December is that still the case?)
2. Will the DLCs be for free?
3. How long will a normal game last?

1. Does defenders of Ardania mark a differing direction in the Majesty Series as a whole or just a fun alternative to the primary games?
2. Is it safe to assume future Majesty games will remain in the Paradox Realm?
3. What platforms will this be available?
4. Is it on Steam?

Hello, first time using this not sure if I am doing this corretly. Hpe you can hep. I bought retail disc version of defenders of Ardania from Amazon in Nov. It installed via steam. However after initial installation problems game now plays but ... It states it is a trail version ??? How can this be if I bought from Amazon ? Surely the game was finished ? I am able to play via steam single player only and some features are locked saying not available in trial version of the game ??? I was not aware I was buying a trial version ?? Also cannot create servers or find anyone to play against. There is no help on steam, the game is not even listed although they let me instal it. There are no help forums on there for this game and it is not listed in the help game list. Went to defenders of Ardani site no forum pages there either and support / register takes you to padg for Cities in motion completely different game ?? Now trying on Paradox . I am a bit disturbed at another thresd below this one re crash errors somone else had where they have been told they bought pirate copy and the game is not relsed till mid Feb 2012 ??? My game has not crashed but lots of features missing. So what have i paid for exactly for Amazon ? The game is still for sale on Amazon even now ?? How can it be a pirate ? it is Amazon direct not a market seller. Please can someone from Paradox help. I did contact just after buying the game as had problems installing. After many message Paradox replied patch will be being released ? As you can see I am confused as to what is going on here and why there is no help anywhere for this game which realesed Nov 2011. also for sale on Game's webiste so it must have been released surley ? PLease help re gettig the full game to work and also servers to pay multiplayer. Look forard to hearing from youThanks Andy

can any1 answer as to why i cant play this game ???????? ive had it a week and cannot play it at all....steam are as much use as a chocolate teapot and it looks like these forums aint much better either as no1 is answering to these posts.................

whats the point of theses threads if no1 bloody answers them??? i cant post on the ask devs anthing page so i have a game here i cant play and cant get ANY answer from ANY1 to do with paradox WHATS THE BLOODY POINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.