+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Kill. Them. All.

Kill. Them. All.

1399 DW 5.1 Hard Gameplay AAR.

Single player playing OE

For all the times England, Spain, France, Venice, Timurids, GH, Austria, Mamaluks, Byzantines, and everyone else has been in Turkey when they shouldn't have....

I will give the Ottoman Empire some payback!!!

Objectives: Kill everyone everywhere as much as possible.

First Lieutenant VagabondvonLMG's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Boo!
    Y U NO PLAY AS SWISS
    (Secretly subscribes while no one's looking....)
    Cobra on my left,
    Leopard on my right!

This Time, It's For Real! - Finished

Not dead

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHeir to the Throne
    Rome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Awesome! I'm going to play an Ottomans game soon, and I'm interested in your plans.
    A Blessing and a Curse: EUIV Narrative AAR! In Progress
    Downfall: A Byzantine Narrative AAR. See the fall of the mightiest empire the world has ever seen. On Hold 3rd Place OVERALL EU3 (Highest Narrative) AARland Choice Awards Q3 2012!
    The Grey Eminence: A British Narrative/History AAR. Witness the rise of Great Britain to world power! COMPLETE! WINNER EU - Narrative for AARland Choice AwAARds 2012 Q1!
    The Eternal Exile: Nation Hopping AAR with a mix of narrative and game-play. On Hold. | WINNER EU - Narrative for AARland Choice AwAARds 2011 Q1!

Winner: AAR Showcase 29/11/2011 | Winner: Character Writer of the Week 19/1/2012 | Winner: Fan of the Week 20/9/2010 and 20/8/2012 | I was Character Writer of the Week 13/12/2010

People's Commissar of the Navy Demi Moderator Avindian's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Just sped through your Vij AAR, and of course I'm a fan of Crimson Snow, so I will subscribe to this one as well!
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- Q2 ACAs here! Be sure to check out the winners! Crusader Kings II|Europa Universalis IV|Victoria II|Hearts of Iron 3|Darkest Hour

Consecrated blood waters my fields: a Hvitserk megacampaign -- Brand new!
    Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- Nearing its thrilling conclusion!
    Like what you see? Check out my Inkwell for awards and completed AARs!

If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2

Quote Originally Posted by Ashantai View Post
    Awesome! I'm going to play an Ottomans game soon, and I'm interested in your plans.
    My plans are to kill everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by VagabondvonLMG View Post
    Boo!
    Y U NO PLAY AS SWISS
    (Secretly subscribes while no one's looking....)
    Swiss is already westernized full of mountains... too easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Avindian View Post
    Just sped through your Vij AAR, and of course I'm a fan of Crimson Snow, so I will subscribe to this one as well!
    Thanks!

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

Quote Originally Posted by Edgewise View Post
    Swiss is already westernized full of mountains... too easy.
    But....they're Swiss!
    Cobra on my left,
    Leopard on my right!

Not dead

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSemper FiVictoria 2
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

What a cheery title,
    Ive been planing on playing OE,
    (and Swiss, Vagabond)
    Official Vagabond Cheerleader &
    Coolest fajita this side of the Mississippi

Quote Originally Posted by SiikFajitas View Post
    What a cheery title,
    (and Swiss, Vagabond)
    It fits my play style pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by SiikFajitas View Post
    What a cheery title,
    (and Swiss, Vagabond)
    At least someone respects the Swiss as much as I do....
    Cobra on my left,
    Leopard on my right!

Not dead

Mmmkay. Rules: No save-reload, no modified files, no mods, no console commands, no war without CB, will attempt to do missions but may cancel if I think I can do more killing with an alternate mission. Everything in my AAR will be the result of luck (or lack of it) player strategy, and the randomness of the AI as coded in DW 5.1. Therefor anything you see should be able to be duplicated in your own game.

I will attempt to be at war at least 90% of the time with at least 1 country, and no 'fake' wars vs some guy landlocked in the center of the HRE, at least not intentionally. Well, until I -reach- the center of the HRE at least. I will try to expand as frequently as my nation can tolerate, attempt to wipe out armies whenever possible, (especially Engish and Spanish armies! GRRR!) and be belligerent to all nations who are not my vassal, and maybe even them.

Diplomats dispatched to the world: Crude drawings of an explicit and derogatory nature sent to everyone explaining just what the OE thinks of them!

And with that, I begin!

Rome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis

Awesome. Eternal war!

Any long term goals regarding colonisation, China, India, Russia ETC?
    Downfall: A Byzantine Narrative AAR. See the fall of the mightiest empire the world has ever seen. On Hold 3rd Place OVERALL EU3 (Highest Narrative) AARland Choice Awards Q3 2012!
    The Grey Eminence: A British Narrative/History AAR. Witness the rise of Great Britain to world power! COMPLETE! WINNER EU - Narrative for AARland Choice AwAARds 2012 Q1!
    The Eternal Exile: Nation Hopping AAR with a mix of narrative and game-play. On Hold. | WINNER EU - Narrative for AARland Choice AwAARds 2011 Q1!

Winner: AAR Showcase 29/11/2011 | Winner: Character Writer of the Week 19/1/2012 | Winner: Fan of the Week 20/9/2010 and 20/8/2012 | I was Character Writer of the Week 13/12/2010

It's really not super complex this time, just going to kill everyone I can. First 25 years or so I don't think I've been not at war once yet, lol, and usually at war with many at once. :P I've nicked provinces off all 3 hordes I border so I'm just colonizing in every direction more or less.

This one will take a while, have to play at speed 2 with a 360 degree front and lots of naval forces landing troops everywhere.

Looks like he.....
    *Puts on Sunglasses*
    Wants you to play as the Swiss
    YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    Cobra on my left,
    Leopard on my right!

Not dead

200k clubHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Deus VultEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    LegioMagickaEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuSword of the Stars
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    CK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Great, another one! I'll follow, and for the sake of full disclosure, I haven't played an Ottoman game in a while.
    Read my Cuzco MEIOU AAR Children of the Sun! (ongoing)
    AARland Choice AwAARd: EU Gameplay Q1 & Q2 2011, Weekly AAR Showcase 17-10-2010,

Follow Gentlemen in Germany - a Brunswick AAR! (ongoing)

Participating in 1001 Sultans - A Jalayirids Succession AAR (ongoing)

WritAAR of the Week 24-5-2011, Fan of the Week 3-12-2009 & 15-1-2012
    Speed - A Castille (mini-?)AAR (finished)
    Took part in the HT Succession Game (finished)

Yay another edgewise AAR! I've just finished your other 2 aar's and can't wait to see how this goes!

Quote Originally Posted by MisterBojangles View Post
    Yay another edgewise AAR! I've just finished your other 2 aar's and can't wait to see how this goes!
    You sir, have the greatest username ever.
    Cobra on my left,
    Leopard on my right!

Not dead

Thanks! On topic its pretty fun to wreck stuff as the ottomans, I just have bad luck inheriting the mamluks at the beginning.

Day one. OE was at war with Timmies. Slider shift-->Centralized. 3 Diplomats. 3 wardecs declared on neighbors with cores. They made alliances, called in allies.

Whatever. Die.

I started war taxes, because if I was going to be at constant war, it would be more fun to have high WE to go with it. With the money came more troops, so I didn't care. I wanted to kill people, and rebels are people to. I didn't discriminate.

In alternate parallel timelines, OE had been wronged. Abused. Invaded. Subjugated. Converted. Humiliated. Rarely did it reach it's true potential or fullfil it's rightful destiny. Now it was time to undo all of that!

I got another diplomat and declared another war. Byzantium tried to ride the OE victory wave. HA! They would get theirs soon enough. Byz troops looked for some territory to attack, but it was too late. OE armies were everywhere. I started annexing.

Timurids sent some forces in. OE troops killed them. They sent a few more forces and they died too. Allies of our victims sent in troops. They died. Their navies died. They sued for peace. I gave it too them, for now. In 1402 I annexed the last Turkish nation with our cores. Yawn. My troops played poker. No massive Tim army yet.

I decided that the 20% stability increase in cost in stability from Jizya isn't horrible enough, so the Sultan became Khalifa, adding another 8%. Sweet! The Mamaluks declared war. Mmmkay.

The Tims sent more token forces, and they died. Mams sent a 25k force to the border, but were affraid of the 15k stack in Mus. I Killed many Mamuluk ships, because their leader was obviously brilliant and sent them to block our strait one at a time. Jalayarids attacked Mamaluks after making peace with Tims. Mams split their force.

Mistake. I wiped out half of that 25k army. Jalayarids got the other half I 'think'. Tims sent another attack on Mus, but my border force got their first to beat them down.

I chased the Tim army and destroyed it. ZZZzzz Boring. Where were they?! Still no mega-doom stacks from Tims. I assaulted Van, and sent colonists. Tims sent more men and they died. GH captured Budjak, and soon I'd have another Horde war. 15k troops were waiting.

In 1404, the war with GH started. I WP'd Mams, thinking I was about to be in huge fights on two fronts. Someone else was assaulting in Budjak, so I just waited. I continued fighting the Tims in the East. I now had 20k on the Eastern front.

The Tims 'almost' pushed me out of Van, until I doubled up on them with both armies in the East. I realized my troops were not indestructable enough to take on the odds I was intending for them to take on.

I changed my NI to Mil Drill. Conscripts wasn't worthwhile at that point. I got kinda bored with no big Tim attacks or GH attacks, so I attacked and annexed Georgia, getting another Horde on my border.

Qara Koyunlu. Whatever. I went after their army. They ran. I chased. They died. I looked at my mission. Vassalize Wallachia. Snore. I started another war. They became my vassals. Meh. Where were the Hordes!?!

New Mission. City of the World's Desire. Yay! I started building more troops. I killed more Tims, still comming in a trickle. They were eating half of India it looked like. Then for reasons unknown...

Cool! More people for me to kill. They brought allies. Their navy kicked my navy in the nuts. Too many Carracks! I started building a couple. I killed their armies, but they were arriving all over in little groups. I peaced out with GH since they were too busy to fight me for now. My troops started killing naval landing forces instead of standing there scratching themselves waiting for the GH to come.

Tims offered concead defeat. Declined. I had a colony baking. Colonist failed. Over and Over. Sigh. A couple years passed with me killing small naval invasions and single Tim stacks that happened into my area. Then Tims made peace. Not with me. With everyone else. And then their first big army showed up. Yay! I had armies too, so not that big of a threat. I took heavy losses this fight because it took a long time for my reinforcements to show up.

Then FINALLY my first horde province defected to me. Erserum did earlier, but from rebels who I didn't even sponsor. :P

After killing all the naval landing forces that showed up, Morocco asked for peace. Mmkay. For now. Till I have more naval power. Shouldn't Spain have been killing them by now? Fighting France. Never mind. Game was taking an odd turn already. And then came the Tims! Yay!!

I was so happy to see them. And then more of them. And then more of them. Hmm. Ok, maybe too many. I moved all my troops over to fight them back, but then the Qara whoever guys who'd built another stack started sieging from the other direction. I was chasing armies around and driving them back, but they'd move south and regain strength while mine were still fighting other stacks. Then they'd come back and reinforce, and my troops were starting to have trouble!

I hadn't moved enough forces over from the West in time to deal with everything the Tims were throwing at me with this rotating army thing that was wearing down my armies. I had another problem too! I knew I'd be at war with the GH soon who was beating the snot out of everyone in the West. With only so many colonist per year I didn't need to be at war with all three at once all the time, I couldn't sustain it if they were all focused in on me, so I peaced out with the Tims.

Over the first decade there were also a few other wars not mentioned as you might have seen from the war icons in the screenshots. In situations where the other nation(s) did not do anything significant (sending 1 transport with 1 army every 6 months for example) I am not going to bother mentioning it, because I'll have -many- of those wars and they're just not worth discusing. And that is where I'll leave the first update!
    Last edited by Edgewise; 30-11-2011 at 02:32.

Wow, this update is so bloodthirsty! Incredible!

Nicely done.

Nice!

There's a mod called AlwaysWar that would be perfect for this....
    Cobra on my left,
    Leopard on my right!

Not dead

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast