+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: PDM Wiki

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian View Post
    I'm going to need help from Naselus and/or Rylock in fleshing these out.
    I'll update the National Values section tonight. I've still got all my notes from when I made them, so a lot can simply be copy-and-pasted.

Okay! The National Values page is done.

This whole project is making me excited!

I didn't know quite a bit of that stuff.
    Economic theory: P → Q, P ∴ Q, QED
    Economic practice: P → Q ∴ {!P} = ∅, QED
    Economic research: P → Q ☡ ∴ Q, QED

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c

I'm going to start on a list of union nations (along with the requirements for forming each country).

Question for Hibernian: is there any reason someone would need a list of tags that PDM doesn't actually use (and which are no longer in the country file)? I ask because you specifically went in and added them to the countries list even after I removed them. I'm just not certain to whom that would be useful information.

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandGettysburg
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneThe Kings CrusadeMajesty II Collection
    March of the EaglesPirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy KnightKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderTeleglitch: Die More EditionEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylock View Post
    I might be alone on this, but I don't entirely know the difference between some of the NVs. Perhaps a more in-depth guide about NVs and what major countries have which could be written.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Rome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
    Crusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: CharlemagneCrusader Kings II: Way of Life

Excellent stuff.

Question for Hibernian: is there any reason someone would need a list of tags that PDM doesn't actually use (and which are no longer in the country file)? I ask because you specifically went in and added them to the countries list even after I removed them. I'm just not certain to whom that would be useful information.
    Well, I just think that you might as well list everything, those countries are there and could be put into the mod at some point in the future, so why not list them?

I wasn't aware you had removed them from the countries.txt file, though some of them are certainly still there. There are certain reasons why some people might want to know all the available tags in the game, such as for their own modding purposes (there have been some people who put the Australian states into PDM), or for looking for flags, etc.

Anyway, I'm not sure why some of those tags aren't in the game. I mean ok, some of them are pretty useless, but I thought that the Brazilian revolters were already in the game and some of the British Empire revolters could be useful when the UK gets dismantled (maybe not each Caribbean island, but the Antilles Confederation could be used there). Oaxaca and Sonora also looks like interesting additional revolters for Mexico, I thought Krasnoyarsk was used in the breakup of Russia, and I thought there was some event that put Eritrea's core into the game, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian View Post
    Anyway, I'm not sure why some of those tags aren't in the game. I mean ok, some of them are pretty useless, but I thought that the Brazilian revolters were already in the game and some of the British Empire revolters could be useful when the UK gets dismantled (maybe not each Caribbean island, but the Antilles Confederation could be used there). Oaxaca and Sonora also looks like interesting additional revolters for Mexico, I thought Krasnoyarsk was used in the breakup of Russia, and I thought there was some event that put Eritrea's core into the game, no?
    Well, just because something could go in doesn't mean it should-- not all of those tags are plausible (even in NNM) or suitable for PDM. And I finally took out the unused tags to avoid having yet more discussions about how they affect performance. Which they really don't seem to, but I'd rather not keep having the discussion with people who think they know better. If they'd like to mod the game to their preference, they're certainly free to.

And, incidentally, Krasnoyarsk went away a long time ago. It isn't even used in NNM. And Eritrea has no event that creates its cores.

This is not really the place to have such a discussion, however. The point is that the list of countries is already quite long, and listing unused tags (especially with most of them not even being in the country list, and which will likely have their other files removed as well before long) seems a bit superfluous. But if you really think someone might actually use that info then so be it.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Nonono, Rylock is right, don't list the unused, superfluous or hidden stuff : the wiki is meant to provide info, help new players navigate through this complex mod, not to confuse them even more with stuff that doesn't even appear in the mod. If a SINGLE dude wants to know every unused thing in the mod, he'll come here and ask the team directly. It's like relying on wikipedia to list every guy that was gonna work as an assistant on a movie, but then didn't - it makes no sense.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I think some strategy guides may be a nice thing, particularly where NVs are concerned. Maybe a little bit about why you might want to use each NV, and why you may not. Obviously the bonuses are already listed, but newbies may have a hard time figuring out why you'd want to use a particular NV. Heck I don't even know why I'd use Prosperity instead of Freedom, or why I'd use Dominion.

Now THAT is a wonderful idea.

PDM has considerable differences to vanilla, some even radical. Explaining them all would be great! =D

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Quigleone View Post
    I think some strategy guides may be a nice thing, particularly where NVs are concerned. Maybe a little bit about why you might want to use each NV, and why you may not. Obviously the bonuses are already listed, but newbies may have a hard time figuring out why you'd want to use a particular NV. Heck I don't even know why I'd use Prosperity instead of Freedom, or why I'd use Dominion.
    That's something that I think the general user could contribute to.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

That's something that I think the general user could contribute to.
    Obviously, but myself (as a general user), I'm not really sure when to go for each of those NVs. For instance, if I was Liberty, why would I ever go for Prosperity, when the bonuses from Freedom all seem better in every way? As the person who designed the system, I think you'd be best placed to explain these things, though obviously we can help (it being a wiki after all). Even if you had a "key benefits" section or something that would be really great. For instance, is the + to everyday and luxury goods needs from prosperity a good thing or a bad thing? Especially when it's the most significant trait of that NV(over Freedom)

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Quigleone View Post
    Obviously, but myself (as a general user), I'm not really sure when to go for each of those NVs. For instance, if I was Liberty, why would I ever go for Prosperity, when the bonuses from Freedom all seem better in every way? As the person who designed the system, I think you'd be best placed to explain these things, though obviously we can help (it being a wiki after all). Even if you had a "key benefits" section or something that would be really great. For instance, is the + to everyday and luxury goods needs from prosperity a good thing or a bad thing? Especially when it's the most significant trait of that NV(over Freedom)
    Sure, that sounds nice, but the idea here is to get others to contribute to the wiki... not to think of more things that I would need to personally write. I already have enough to do.

why someone hasnt added information about roman empire and counties like this

Quote Originally Posted by bill2505 View Post
    why someone hasnt added information about roman empire and counties like this
    There is no Roman Empire in PDM. And the wiki was just started a few days ago.

byzantine empire i meant. ok

Quote Originally Posted by bill2505 View Post
    byzantine empire i meant. ok
    The Byzantine Empire is a vanilla country and the vanilla decision is unchanged. There's no real need for it to go anywhere in the PDM wiki, though if you'd like to add something about it feel free to contribute.

I'm pleased with how it's looking already, tho it's still kinda empty. Just filled out the 'how is it different from vanilla' bit of the economy page.
    For every subtle and complicated question, there is a simple and straightforward answer, which is wrong.

Creator of PDM:PoD for Heart of Darkness: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ownload-thread
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Creator of '1792' for March of the Eagles: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...69074-1792-mod

Okay, I've finished going through and adding notes for all unions in PDM (cultural or otherwise).

Feel free to go in and add any additional notes/strategies or whatever to those countries as you like.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast