• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
1. Who are you?
Tuscany -> Italy

2. What year is it?

3. Have you lost a war you tried to win?
Once, with Venice IIRC

4. Are you one of the richest countries?
By far, I have more money than the rest of the top 4 countries together.

5. Are you at war?
Not at the moment.

6. What is your main concern?
Keeping my COT in Little Karoo alive, when I created it I hoped it would grab most of the production from South Africa but in reality it took only that of three provinces. I decided to rush with colonists and conquer a few provinces from Bantu to raise that amount.

7.Are you attacking people or being peaceful or both?
Both, I have a limit of 7 BB so I can't just go around getting a punchbag whenever I feel like it.

8. Which country are you hating?
None really.

9. Which country are you fearing?
Although not a big fear Castille, Bohemia and Prussia are rather strong, getting into a war with two of these powers could prove difficult. Also Delhi is expanding like it wants to conquer the world.

10. Who are your allies?
Please explain the concept of allies to me?

This games weirdness: Like I already stated, Delhi is absolutely HUGE. Vijayanagar started colonizing but has lost all of them to rebels. Iraq decided building colonies in Africa was nice (they've lost those colonies to me). Overall I've gotten a group of strong countries in the game besides me with the notable exception of the French region as France is divided up among roughly 6 minors and Great Britain.

1. Who are you?
Tuscany -> Italy

2. What year is it?

Once, with Venice IIRC

By far, I have more money than the rest of the top 4 countries together.

5. Are you at war?
Not at the moment.

Keeping my COT in Little Karoo alive, when I created it I hoped it would grab most of the production from South Africa but in reality it took only that of three provinces. I decided to rush with colonists and conquer a few provinces from Bantu to raise that amount.

Both, I have a limit of 7 BB so I can't just go around getting a punchbag whenever I feel like it.

None really.

Although not a big fear Castille, Bohemia and Prussia are rather strong, getting into a war with two of these powers could prove difficult. Also Delhi is expanding like it wants to conquer the world.

10. Who are your allies?
Please explain the concept of allies to me?

This games weirdness: Like I already stated, Delhi is absolutely HUGE. Vijayanagar started colonizing but has lost all of them to rebels. Iraq decided building colonies in Africa was nice (they've lost those colonies to me). Overall I've gotten a group of strong countries in the game besides me with the notable exception of the French region as France is divided up among roughly 6 minors and Great Britain.

That sounds like a rather interesting game. May I ask why your BB limit is so low?

1. France
2. 1564
3. No
4. Yes
5. Yes Maya, Ayutthaya, Korea, Lan Xang, Manchu, Ming, Shan, Sukhothai, Bihar, Assam, Ceylon.
6. High WE and rebels.
7. Attacking.
8. None
9. None:laugh:
10. None

1. Who are you? - Sweden -> Scandinavia

2. What year is it? - 1487

3. Have you lost a war you tried to win? - Bloody Novgorod is too big. Pushed deep in, they spawned oodles of rebels and pushed back. White Peace while going for Karelia

4. Are you one of the richest countries? - Second richest

5. Are you at war? - Nope

6. What is your main concern? - Burgundy and Spain (Castile took Aragon, Granada, Navarre, and most of Portugal) have divided France almost along Vichy lines, and refuse to ally with me. In terms of non-military goals, I've beelined for Quest for the New World to get it extremely early in order to colonize Canada

7.Are you attacking people or being peaceful or both? - I've been defending Catholic Jerusalem against Mega-Persia, and trying to centralize Prussia into vassal Brandenburg

8. Which country are you hating? - Bloody Burgundy "Alliance Chance: Likely", turns me down 15 times in a row

9. Which country are you fearing? - Spain. They've, like I said, nearly united Iberia, and own France up to Vichy. They're also within striking distance of my Jerusalem in Cyprus, and have nullified all of Persia's, the Pope's, and Naples' Mediterranean power.

10. Who are your allies? - Brandenburg is a vassal, but they're powerful enough. I've got Serbia and Brittany as proper allies to try curbing Burgundy and another big country, Hungary. A few German vassals, Holstein, and as a reaction to Western power, I'm trying to mend fences with Novgorod (who's +200 allies with Muscovy, and I own Tver's crown, so Russia is in no danger of forming).

1. Who are you?
Granada.

2. What year is it?

Nope.

I am the richest :p

5. Are you at war?
Not at the moment, but I've been fighting quite a lot.

Currently I have managed to break France into pieces so the main concern at the moment is to find out how I am supposed to stop Austria from becoming too dominant.

Kind of both. I'm a risk taker (my friends call me "gambler" lol) and I don't hesitate to jump into a conflict if there's a chance for me to gain something that I want. On the other hand I play it very safe when I attack big and strong enemies. My war (one of many) against France when I finally destroyed them took many years and had to be careful not to lose troops because they had the better and bigger army. War exhaustion, spies and attrition helps a lot :happy:

There's none at the moment, but there are a lot of countries that hate me!

Austria. They are the only ones capable of stopping me now.

10. Who are your allies?
None, I wander alone.

In the first war against Castille, I was lucky because both Portugal, Aragon and England declared war on Castille. I also had Morocco sending some troops to help out, and I spawned a couple of patriot repels which resulted in 3 defecting provinces. I won the war and Castille never managed to recover from that. It was also difficult to become the sole ruler of the now muslim iberian peninsula, it took about 80 years from the start of the game (1399) but now I've got all provinces converted and I have Guyenne as a buffer state against France. Also took southern Italy = Naples, Sicily and Papal State, so I got a nice bonus from that as well. Next step is probably to connect my italian holdings with Spain itself. Means I'm gonna have to go through Venice, Milan, Austria (as they'll most likely jump in) and then France & Guyenne.

1. Burgundy

2. Mid 1400's

3. Yes, against France. I thought I destroyed all of France's stacks when they attacked me for Nevers, but one came out of Aragon, destroyed my main stack after it assaulted a castle, and I raged out of the war, settling for France abandoning cores in my territory. Next time we fight, they /will/ release Toulouse.

4. No

5. No, just got out of a war with France.

6. Conquering Liege without getting into a costly war with England...

7. Warmonger, I am trying to reduce my infamy to hopefully be elected HRE.

8. France, England and Austria. France for attacking me when I was half-prepared, England for allying with Liege, and Austria for being HRE despite my best efforts.

9. England, I could beat the endless stacks they throw at me, but I cannot afford a navy to rival theirs.

10. Brittany, Aachen (Vassal), Lorraine (Vassal), Hansa (Vassal), until recently, Scotland, who chickened out of fighting Denmark before I fought France...

1. Who are you? austria

2. What year is it? 1453

3. Have you lost a war you tried to win? nope

4. Are you one of the richest countries? first

5. Are you at war? not at the moment, im waiting for a CB

6. What is your main concern? my reforms arent passing

7.Are you attacking people or being peaceful or both? peace is for trade nations

8. Which country are you hating? every single HRE country cuz they hate me

9. Which country are you fearing? no one

10. Who are your allies? my PUs-france,castille,naples,bohemia,sweden. and my super random vassals all over the HRE

1. Byzantine Empire

2. 1500

3. No, only occasional concede defeat against hordes and accidentally pressing pay tribute to Qara Koyunlu (which wasn't that bad at that time)

4. Yes (#1)

5. Surprisingly, no.

6. Vassalizing Ethiopia peacefully and attrition in the desert. Also keeping inflation in check in the future and Novgorod's fate.

7. I took some lands from the hordes, but besides that only cores and missions and the Mamluks.

8. Bohemia, a strong Emperor also trying to exercise its influence in the northern Balkans.

9. None. I have the third largest army in Europe. France is too far away to pose any threat, relations with Bohemia are good and their larger army can easily be beaten by a tactical deployment of my army.

10. Ragusa, Montenegro, Wallachia (Vassals), Novgorod (for almost 100 years, the longest lived alliance I ever had in an EUIII game) and Ethiopia.

1. Who are you? austria-just looking to get the 3 PU achievement, is made harder by the house rule of never forcing them through war

2. What year is it? 1440s

3. Have you lost a war you tried to win? with the Habsblob? puhleeze

4. Are you one of the richest countries? was second to ming last time I looked but that was a while back, having 0 trade income isn't helping

5. Are you at war? currently have a shadow war with Morocco for crusade bonus and to avoid inheriting, on a truce timer with GH in northern Lithuania, waiting for CBs and burning BB

6. What is your main concern? my missions have been less than helpful and I gobbled up a lot of infamy that having 3 unlawful territories is making annoying to deal with (lost my HRE status which joyously got me the regain crown mission the last time I cancelled subjugate Burgundy)

7.Are you attacking people or being peaceful or both? peace is for trade nations (I'll steal that quote from Nitman)

8. Which country are you hating? Burgundy is a bit annoying, particularly since every 2nd mission I get is to vassalize them. They are also tussling with Bohemia over my HRE crown since my BB is so high

9. Which country are you fearing? we are the big white blob (well 2 blobs atm but it will merge), we fear no one

10. Who are your allies? my PU-Bavaria, my vassals Mantua, Parma, Danzig (2pm), Mecklenburg, and Saxony; Siena (released) and Brandenburg

1. Who are you?
Fez --> Banu Abd al-Mumin ( MEIOU )

2. What year is it?

Well yes alot, but this was in other save games, if had to reload 2 times because I was utterly trashed by England-Portugal-Castille-Aragon.

Yes, I'm in the top 5 (5th) now, but the top is fluctuating heavily. I could be easily 10th when Europe gets a more tech advantage on me.

5. Are you at war?
Pretty much constantly from the start until now. I had to conquer the entire of North Africa from Morrocco to Tripoli. Ofcourse let's not forget the trashing the Catholics have given me.

My plan is to conquer entire North and West Africa From Goldcoast-Morocco-Tripoli + Portugal-Castille-Aragon. After that I don't know yet

7.Are you attacking people of being peaceful of both?
It's a mix I've been mostly attacking the other Muslim powers for land. The war with the Catholics was initiated by Castille.
Now that I've formed Banu Abd al-Mumin I'll be a bit more peaceful.

Castille for its relentess Crusading, Aragorn for it's immortal military rulers and the Mamluks for their embargo for my merchants.

Noone individually, although the alliance block Aragon-Spain-Portugal and England in the beginning was scaring the crap out of me (The alliance block has broken but there are still alliances between Spain and Aragon.)
France is gaining power fast, she could be first and foremost foe in the future.

10. Who are your allies?
Tripoli, Djolof (West-African Nation), Delhi and Jalayirids. I'm trying to make an alliance with the Ottomans but since I trashed them when I conquered North-Africa (they were guaranteeing) they stay hesitant. At first I wanted to ally the Mamluks but they refuse any friendly attempt from my side, I plan to conquer them when I'm done with all of my main goals.

1. Who are you?

2. What year is it?

5. Are you at war?

10. Who are your allies?

1. Bar

2. 1407

3. No

4. Yes

5. No

6. Survival

7. Being peaceful and nice to everyone

8. Burgundy

9. Burgundy and France

10. Switzerland, Savoy and Brittany

1: Scandinavia (Denmark)
2: 1491
3: Yes; I was forced to cut my losses after failing to stop an Austrian invasion of the Baltic.
4: Yes, #3 after Castille and Burgundy.
5: No.
6: Colonizing America, containing English and Austrian ambitions, maintaining the continental balance of power.
7: Warlike, but except for Central America, all my wars have been in defense of allies and guarantees.
8: Austria (I've broken them out of their cores but I haven't been able to dig them out of the Baltic yet)
9: England (I'm not letting this cat out of the box, I have colonizing to do). I should probably start worrying about Burgundy too.
10: Holstein (vassal), Scotland, Connacht, Hamburg, Styria. Guaranteeing (among others) Teutonic Order, Burgundy, and Tirol.

1. Who are you?
Baluchistan---->Mughals

Gameset: Miscmods (DAO) .799

2. What year is it?

3. Have you lost a war you tried to win? I only "donated" 0.3 Ducats to the timmies for 20 years if that counts as a loss.

4. Are you one of the richest countries? No. Finally after Conquering all of India and 2/3rd's of China (a Early formed Japan has the rest by my Permission only.) Im FINALLY running positive numbers and am in the top 10.

5. Are you at war? Ha! Only with Half of Europe and the remaining Muslims!

6. What is your main concern? Money. India and China are Poorer then a soviet citizen in '71 I tells ya.

7.Are you attacking people of being peaceful of both? What is this "peace" you speak of? Must be what those European nations that arent fighting me are doing......

8. Which country are you hating? Hate is a strong word. Only Russia above garners my Hatred and fears.

9. Which country are you fearing? Russia they formed early from Novgorod and have never looked back. They own the east bloc, The balk-lands (the 1/3rd that isnt held by the byzzies), and all of Siberia is thier domain. They are -120 relations to me and have holy wars if they need them. They are also the richest and second most powerful nation (behind me) I could out man them, but with the absolute trash that India and China are for money I would go Bankrupt. So im happy with keeping 20k less troops then them and trying to find military inroads to south Asia.

10. Who are your allies? I havent had an ally for over 100 years since I last annexed my last Vassal

Side notes: Aragon inherited Castile and Portugal and formed Iberia. The byzzies hold all of Asia minor, Parts of Egypt since my engineered fall of Alexandria. They also hold southern Italy and parts of Hungary. Burgundy owns all of France but is yet to core it. So i expect purple to become le blue. I dont know what happened to England They've ended up being jointly owned by Norway, Denmark and Sweden. Denmark is =200 with the swedes and the Norwegians and has vassled Finland. Denmark is literally ONE death away from forming Scandinavia. Other notables: Portugal somehow survived being inherited and now lives happily in the New World they own most of north and South America. No one else has colonized and I have no Intention of colonizing anything.

1. Who are you?
Teutonic Order --> Prussia

2. What year is it?

No, although I've paid twenty-five ducats to a few countries I didn't feel like going out of my way to defeat (allies of my targets).

I haven't checked the ledger but I believe so. I'm making a positive thirty ducats a month.

5. Are you at war?
Not at the moment although I just finished four wars at once to annex Bosnia and Urbino (they are allied so I declared war on them seperately) which gave Muscovy the idea to attack my ally Ukraine whom I asked to assist me. And then the pitifully-declining Denmark declared war on me for Osël (I'm easily ten times bigger than them).

I suppose Austria because I will have to eventually go to war against them since they have eaten a number of German minors and have many vassals and allies whose land I want. Also keeping France under wraps. Thanks to marriage shenanigans I formed a personal union with them. I expected them to throw insults from the beginning but they hadn't until recently, forty years later.

At the beginning I grabbed Riga and vassalized Pskov early but didn't have any casus belli after that so for a long time I focused on trade as well as a very, very poor nation could. I eventually got the idea of using holy war to attack the Ottomans and taking land from them and form vassals out of that land. I became enthralled by the idea and kept expanding and creating more vassals.

None.

None. Even Austria's blobbing is more of a dreading, war-against-them-would-take-forever-to-complete feeling.

10. Who are your allies?
My vassals Pskov, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Morea, the Knights, and Naples; as well as France who I lead a personal union with, and Ukraine who is eating most of the hordes for me.

11. Future plans?
I want to finish conquering northern Germany for myself as well as Italy for Naples and the last province in Asia minor (waiting for The Ottomans to move their capital) for The Knights. I would also like to continue acquiring more vassals. I'm thinking Lithuania next although I would like to expand more peacefully than I have been.

1. Who are you? The Papal State

2. What year is it? 1430

3. Have you lost a war you tried to win? No, I pick my wars very carefully.

4. Are you one of the richest countries? Once the rest of Italy cores I will be, right now I'm nowhere near.

5. Are you at war? Everyone declared on France when England excommunicated them, so I joined in. Yes.

6. What is your main concern? My infamy of 21, going down at -0.50 a year...

7. Are you attacking people or being peaceful or both? See 6.

8. Which country are you hating? Venice, Aquileia and Milan for guaranteeing the Italian minors I have missions against.

9. Which country are you fearing? Quite a lot of countries have the ability to wipe me, but none have a reason to.

10. Who are your allies? Sicily and Mantua. I'm not popular.

11. Future plans? I want to reunite the Roman Empire and dissolve the German impostors.

1. Who are you?
Muscovy---->Russia

Gameset: Miscmods (DAO) .799 : Dark Continent

2. What year is it?

3. Have you lost a war you tried to win? no. Spys helped me never pay tithes to either the Golden or Qasim Hordes.

4. Are you one of the richest countries? Im Russia. What number do you think I am? lol

5. Are you at war? nope.

6. What is your main concern? The lack Of Cristian nations. Only myself and Scotland remain as Cristian.

7.Are you attacking people of being peaceful of both? Both. im more colonizing then anything. I just ended a super war with 5 different nations who total military power barely equaled mine.

8. Which country are you hating? Ming. Somehow its stable with zero troops, Not only that but it holds Southern Asia.

9. Which country are you fearing? Russia fears nothing. I have easily Twice Mings total MP if I wanted and i can still turn a profit.

10. Who are your allies? Only Scotland is my Ally. And ive never had the need to call them into any wars.

Side notes: Russia has become the "island in the storm". I am literally surrounded by Muslims. And only Ming is not. though with my future goals including the freeing of Mongolia Ming may not be bordering me for long. Scotland holds...well Scotland. It hasn't colonized well enough to really be a threat to anyone. Ive gotten to taking Romania To bolster my Numbers a bit more. My future Plans are to take Poland regions from Jochi, take Russia's classical middle eastern possessions, Free Mongolia and vassalize it, Colonize Alaska, Colonize Finland, And keep making twice the profit of the closest Muslim State.

1. - England (And yes, I'm watching Lizzie's birthday's too.)

2. - 1479

3. - No, I have white peaced with France a couple of times. I sold Calais to Burgundy at start...

4. - Currently no because I'm running colonies and many missionaries. We're well off anyway.

5. - Yes, against Denmark but I'm not interested in humiliating them, I'm only helping my allies the Swedes.

6. - My biggest concern is that can I keep up colonizing the North America peacefully before someone else gets in between.

7. - I have participated in crusades and I had warned France. Those took me to the warpath, also the allies took me. I haven't yet been illegitimate aggressor, save for Ireland and Scotland.

8. - France. They're blobbing in Germany and Italy, and at war against the HRE. They have -3 stability currently.

9. - Portugal, but only if they cross their demarcation lines and found colonies too near to mine. I like them, I just don't want to drive them off.

10. - Portugal and Sweden. But I think I'll quit Sweden soon.

1. - Ukraine(Yes, released and devassalized from Lithuania) Death and tAxes
2. - 1563

3. - Not really, been quite peaceful, hit and run on the golden horde

4. - Not yet, but free trade is 4+ and my 15.000 expenditory army is working on colonies in Asia

5. - Nope not currently, although poised to attack Indonesia

6. - Not getting attacked before I mass spam conscription centers in my highly developed 12 provinces nation(150K manpower though)

7. - Quite peaceful, expect for the war against the nomads and 4 wars against ..... Moldavia, Bulgary, Morea and Ceylon

8. - Bohemia for fucking up my partner Lithuania

9. - Bohemia and chobanids, Turkey being very powerful for once too. even though my nation is rapidly building up it's forces

10. - I got Novrogrod and Muscwowy allies

Sidenote: I am in the Holy Roman Empire!!!