• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
1. Who are you? The Glorious Kingdom of Croatia

2. What year is it? 1456 (Started in 1356, D&T)

3. Have you lost a war you tried to win? Yes, several, but only lost one province in those wars which has since been recovered. Most of these 'lost' wars have been a CTA from Austria against Byzantium or Burgundy/Castille.

4. Are you one of the richest countries? Not even close.

5. Are you at war? Not at the moment.

6. What is your main concern? Shoring up a flagging tech position.

7.Are you attacking people or being peaceful or both? I've systematically expanded along the Adriatic coast, and have no intention of conquering a single province east of Serbia or south of the South Slav culture group. So for now, I'm being aggressive, but soon I intend to retain my pleasant borders.

8. Which country are you hating? Byzantium, who - thanks to D&T's massive very hard AI bonuses (which I only noticed after starting as Croatia), are fielding a typical 4-5 stacks of 30k plus, owning the European Greek provinces and the Asia Minor coast, after my recent conquest of Serbia, we acquired a border. In most wars so far they've blockaded me and refused to peace for anything less than all my money for about 10 years.

9. Which country are you fearing? Byzantium.

10. Who are your allies? Austria and Bohemia. Austria in particular have been real bros, they helped me fight HRE Bohemia after I broke my PU with Hungary and went after cores in Bosnia and Ragusa, and I in turn have helped them fight Burgundy three times now.

1. Who are you?

Sweden, or I was until I perma-conceded defeat and quit. (see #3)

2. What year is it?

3. Have you lost a war you tried to win?

Well, as I just got my butt handed to me by TO, Muscowy, Denmark, Norway, Hesse, Wurzburg and Finland(!) before my country got the slightest chance to take off, I guess you could say so. A WP was all I was dreaming of!

4. Are you one of the richest countries?

Nope.

5. Are you at war?

See #3.

6. What is your main concern?

How can I do better the next try, or was it just bad luck this time? I actually had allies (England and Novgorod), but they chickened out.

7.Are you attacking people or being peaceful or both?

I was defending myself from people...

8. Which country are you hating?

Denmark, as usual when starting up a game with Sweden.

9. Which country are you fearing?

Denmark, TO, Norway.

10. Who are your allies?

Novgorod and England, before they realized that an alliance might get you into wars. "Boo for that" they said...

1. Who are you? - Tuscany, but not for much longer since I finally got hold of Lombardia

2. What year is it? - 17 fifty-something

3. Have you lost a war you tried to win? Don't think so. Playing on Very Easy (yes, I suck), so that's probably why.

4. Are you one of the richest countries? - The richest, IIRC.

5. Are you at war? - No.

6. What is your main concern? - Trying to disband the HRE when one of the electors that is apparently still independent (Gelre) isn't.

7.Are you attacking people or being peaceful or both? - Hm? Oh, definitely the former.

8. Which country are you hating? - Used to be Austria, now it's Bohemia.

9. Which country are you fearing? - Used to be Austria, now it's (strangely) Bavaria [no match for the Tuscans though)

10. Who are your allies? - Crete, Savoy, Aragon, France, The Knights, Finland, Brandenburg, Wurzburg (all vassals); Ulm, one or two others

1. Who are you? - Tuscany

Nice! Tuscany always seems to be a fun one to play (it's my 2nd current game as of now). Of course, I got cores on all of my neighbors right away in that game, so obviously I'm enjoying it! :D

As for my 1st current game...

1. Totally Not Overpowered Sweden (sorry rustic)

2. 1457, currently celebrating our 50th year of independence! :D

3. I haven't been defeated, but I've fudged a few war goals (Brandenburg vassalizing Pommerania before me, getting money off of PU Leader Denmark's wars, etc.)

4. Somehow I'm in the Top 5. Considering my richest provinces outside of Stockholm are my resent acquisitions in Pommerania (take THAT, Brandenburg!), I am quite dumbfounded.

5. Nope, just finished said annexation of Pommerania! I've maxed out my BB for the 4th time, so it'll be a few years until the next one.

6. 1. Creating a shield around motherland Sweden (Denmark, Greater Pommerania, Baltics, Finland, & soon Novgorod and Norway).
2. Making the Baltic Sea a Swedish lake.
3. Being borderline dishonorable scum.

7. Novgorod & Brandenburg affectionately refer to me as "Neo Vikingland". So yeah, go Swedish Steel!

8. Novgorod & Brandenburg (both former allies), Norway (last obstacle to Scandinavian unity), Teutons & Riga (The Baltic is mine!), plus England. France hates me too, but we don't say much to each other.

9. Novgorod & Brandenburg (now HRE, so yeah...). Maybe France too. Also the Massive Horde of Goldeness if they wind up punching through Bohemia or Mazovia (which is actually rather strong this game).

10. Scotland (we've reduced England to 3 provinces + they're friends with France), Bavaria (who recently decimated Brandenburg in my last war), plus my vassals in Denmark, Finland, Mecklenburg, and Saxe-Lauenburg. Muscovy and I have also fought together quite a bit with our guarantees, though I have too many vassallies to sign anything formal with them at the moment.

1. Who are you?
Poland
2. What year is it?
around 1440-1450
No. Even won few wars i was NOT realy trying to win.
Yes, i think around being third...
5. Are you at war?
Yes and No. I am at horde war which is quite like peace ;). Anyway i try to brake them down.
Breaking the golden horde, mostly i try to help novgorod to take all their provinces they can. I just don't want to conquer all the hordes, i want to focus on europe, and maybe black sea. Also I wait for westernization, wanting to annex TO and inherit Lithuania. Also i do expand in hungary - as i got lucky cores on their provinces and capital...
7. Are you attacking people or being peaceful or both?
Huh... I think attacking people, but only to take "back" my "cores" and to do "missions from god".
Golden Horde, cause they are spoiling my nice borders. Cannot be at peace for more than 5 years???
Huh... None realy, but i watch for austria and bohemia... still i brought bohemia down, and took 2 of their provinces, and austria losed 2 of theirs in some war they lost - to tirol. Still i watch them... As austria is likely to become HRE...
10. Who are your allies?
Aquilea, Portugal, Saxony, Vassal Teutonic Order, and PU Lithuania... Aquilea... well they just seemed to be a good ally, they proposed it, so i took it as a chance... Portugal... well... they spammed me with aliance offers, and i was at war with Bohemian aliance, which was castile, bohemia, and some unimportant... Saxony... well... Bohemia inherited them, i forced them to release them... so it just brought me with few realy exotic aliances... TO ofc, from mission, i took danzig and warmia with cores... still denmark took 1 of their province... whatever it is HRE province, and as they got no core for now... Anyway, as i got like 50k armies, i managed to keep lithuania in PU... they were insulting me for some time at the begining, but now i got 25+ provinces and got 50k force limit, making it easy to keep them in union...

1. Who are you? France

2. What year is it? It's roughly around the year 1452.

3. Have you lost a war you tried to win? I almost lost a war against combined forces of Austria, Burgundy, Bohemia and several other smaller countries. Along with a separate defensive war against England and Holland.

4. Are you one of the richest countries? I think so but I'm not entirely sure.

5. Are you at war? Currently in a crusade against Algeria.

6. What is your main concern? My main and primitive concern is preventing England from forming GB and annexing the last two French vassals.

7.Are you attacking people or being peaceful or both? Regarding the crusade, I'm not really doing much action. I simply sent a small detachment to assist the Spanish and that's about it. Can't afford for my WE to get raped again after the series of bloody wars in Europe.

8. Which country are you hating? England, they're absolutely stubborn when it comes to peace deals.

9. Which country are you fearing? The nightly Austrians. And even Bohemia now that they're ruler is the Holy Emperor.

10. Who are your allies? Castille and Irish minors.

Last edited:
6. 1. Creating a shield around motherland Sweden (Denmark, Greater Pommerania, Baltics, Finland, & soon Novgorod and Norway).
2. Making the Baltic Sea a Swedish lake.
3. Being borderline dishonorable scum.

10. Scotland (we've reduced England to 3 provinces + they're friends with France), Bavaria (who recently decimated Brandenburg in my last war), plus my vassals in Denmark, Finland, Mecklenburg, and Saxe-Lauenburg. Muscovy and I have also fought together quite a bit with our guarantees, though I have too many vassallies to sign anything formal with them at the moment.

Couple comments: if you want the "Sweden is not overpowered" you have to stay as Sweden, not form Scandinavia until you complete it. Also, alliances with vassals/partners don't count against the limit on number of alliances you can have...

Now on to the topic at hand:

1) The glorious Russian (Muscowy) Empire

2) Dec. 1622

3) Lose? Russia does not lose, you get lost in Russia. Russia does take advantage of the concede defeat option to avoid wasting time and money cleaning up messes made by lost soldiers of other nations and it was discovered that some rulers actually gave tribute to the uncivilized Tatars.

4) Yes, by almost 2:1

5) Nope, just finished a round of Ottoman bashing plus the associated suicidal Ming/Korea/Wu and Hindu alliance attack beatdowns. Accidentally jumped my infamy limit (%^@%#@!$ 3 dip king won't die)

6) a) finish the conquest of Asia Minor
b) finish the conquest of the continental far-east, currently own everything north of Korea but Ming and Wu still probably have 30+ provs between them plus a couple other 2-bit nations with holdings along the Ganges Delta coast
c) get my holdings converted to the true faith and burn some infamy

After mopping up SE Asian mainland (or at least SE China since that's the good part), I'll probably head further into India (currently control the line from Bengal to Lahore/Jammu then west to the Caspian), take out Persia, then maybe beat up on some more Europeans. Prussia needs more arse thumping but I have no CB atm...

7) Until the conquest of Manchuria and western China commenced my infamy was only > 8 after the very first war. But peace? Not really...

8) Ottomans interfered with my Balkan protectorates one time too many plus took the full coast to Alexandria, so I took it from them. Thrace is also now isolated so after the next war I'll be 4/5 to the Pentarchy. No real beef with the misguided bad hat guy in Rome though so may not complete it-we'll see. Prussia needs to die but I haven't gotten a CB lately.

9) HRE Burgundy maybe, France imploded and got eaten then revolted as an OPM in Perigord so Burgundy owns a pretty scary chunk from Holland south and west. Bavaria isn't doing too badly either so if those two allied and came after the mighty Russian empire things would get bloody but that doesn't seem likely.

10) Current Russian vassals include Denmark (opm waiting to be annexed for Sound toll), Lithuania (also OPM awaiting probable annexation), Mazovia, Styria, Austria (inherited Austria, released as 2 vassals for more SoI goodness), Thuringia (not quite sure why/how that even happened, prolly joined the wrong side in a war and got pounded by Poland), Silesia, Hungary, Transylvania, Wallachia, Serbia, Bulgaria, and 2pm Trebizond in NE Greece (awaiting annexation for Bosporous Sound Toll).

Recently inherited Sweden, actual allies are Norway & Poland.

1. The one true emperor!

2. 1678

3. Not in a long time

4. My income is 10% greater than the rest of the world combined

5. Always

6. Rebel scum

7. Attack, attack!

8. Aragon

9. All fear me

10. Castille, Portugal, Prussia (who are in a personal union with me)

1. Bohemia turned into HRE

2. Early 18th century

3. No

4. By a factor of 10 at least probably more, just inheirited number 2 Castille

5. No but about to launch a PU war with Portugal

6. That I will not conquare India and fail a WC (WC is impossible imo)

7. I am attacking people

8. UK in particular plus a bit of France they went protestant and should have been annexed by now

9. None though UK and France are irritating me Europe is almost a one country state.

10. Moscovy, Ukraine and Naples all under PU with Morea likely as an ally.

1. Who are you?

Prussia (formerly Teutonic Order)

2. What year is it?

~1525 (can't check because I'm at work)

Yes, my ally France dragged me into a war with Burgundy and whitepeaced out just a few weeks after my 40k Invasion stack had landed. My troops were wiped out and I admitted defeat because I had no real interest in fighting this war in the first place.

The richest, but only by a small margin (2nd is Burgundy)

5. Are you at war?

Not atm, but the Austrian border looks inviting...

Concerned about: my tech levels are a bit on the lacking side because I took too many worthless provinces in the east
Concerned with: taking Austria down a notch, disassembling the HRE and forcing protestantism upon as many european nations as possible

Peace in the north, east & south, but war in the west - Europe needs to be united under the glorious banner of protestantism!

Burgundy, because of #3 and #4

The White Blob a.k.a. The Holy Roman Emperor Austria

10. Who are your allies?

Brandenburg, Magdeburg, Holstein, Thuringia & Hungary (Vassals), Bavaria (PU), France & Wallachia

1. Spain (from Castille)

2. 1564

3. No.

4. Oh good gods, no.

5. Yes.

6. Dire tech gap and ramshackle economy.

7. Attacking and colonising.

8. Britain.

9. None.

10. Portugal (junior in a Union), France (same dynasty).

@I8Strudel: TOTALLY Not Overpowered Sweden. I mean, when you are overjoyed when Gotland breaks free from TO so you can annex a base tax 4-OPM that produces wool, then you know your country is poor as a, as a...mole.

Anyway, new try with the ole motherland. Apparently had quite some hybris when not picking Military drill as first NI in my last game...

1. Who are you?

Sweden.

2. What year is it?

About 1450.

No, but been happy with a WP in a defensive war.

I'm barely the richest country on the Scandian peninsula.

5. Are you at war?

No, but I've been so almost continously up until now.

To get the economic snowball rolling before I'm outteched by Novgorod, then to make the Baltic a Swedish sea (as per usual).

This far almost all my territorial gains have been from defensive wars, but that's because my neighbours barely can wait out the truces before attacking me again.

None. Denmark-Norway didn't bring their A-game this time.

Possibly Novgorod.

10. Who are your allies?

Muscowy.

1. Who are you? Hungary

2. What year is it? 1591

3. Have you lost a war you tried to win? No

4. Are you one of the richest countries? Yes

5. Are you at war? No

6. What is your main concern? The Mughal Empire westernising

7.Are you attacking people or being peaceful or both? Both, I attacked Lithuania earlier and diplo-annexed Poland

8. Which country are you hating? Persia

9. Which country are you fearing? Bavaria

10. Who are your allies? My vassals only. Everyone hates me but trusts me at the same time

1. Who are you? USA (United States of America (both North & South) & Australia & South Africa

2. What year is it? 1689

3. Have you lost a war you tried to win? Nope, never.

4. Are you one of the richest countries? Yes, is leading with 170.319,5 in income. (Compare to Burgundy who is 2nd with 3.153,2 in income).

5. Are you at war? Nope.. is +100 years ago I was at war last time. But Bali got a +2.300 ducats COT I got my eyes on, and its just a matter of time before I move a few stacks of soldiers over there.

6. What is your main concern? To get to 1821 and get the game converted to Vic 2 BEFORE AHD is out..!

7.Are you attacking people or being peaceful or both? Peaceful ... after defeating the natives in America.

8. Which country are you hating? No one really..

9. Which country are you fearing? No one really..

10. Who are your allies? No one really.. never had any. I don't really care that much what happens in Europe and Asia.. beside how big their COTs are ofc. ;)

Last edited:
1. Who are you?

Granada, as I thought it would be an interesting challenge. It's actually pretty boring, though, since Castille was a pushover and I have most of north Africa under my sway already.

2. What year is it?

1397 (I'm using Death and Taxes)

Nope. I got 100 warscore in my first war against Castille and forced them to give me all of their Muslim provinces. They've been quiet ever since.

No, I'm actually pretty poor.

5. Are you at war?

Nope, I just peaced out with the Hafsids and formed a personal union with them.

Well, if France, Aragon and Castille ever stop declaring war on eachother at regular intervals, I'll probably be in trouble. I'm pretty confident that won't happen, though.

Two wars in 40 years seems pretty peaceful to me.

England. They keep annexing pieces of Anatolia, which makes the Middle East look ridiculous.

France. I fear they'll eventually eat Aragon and/or Castille and become a problem.

10. Who are your allies?

Morocco and the Hafsids. Both of them are useless, but the Christians might try to eat them if I leave them alone.

1. Who are you?
Byzantium, 1405 start, easy, low agression, lucky nations historical.

2. What year is it?

Only conceded defeat to the Golden Horde about three times, almost lost one to Castille but managed to white peace.

Yes. >:)

5. Are you at war?
No, but I've been nibbling at France and half of it belongs to me (even Roussillon!). I've also unblobed Bohemia because they're dishoroable scum.

Losing my PU with Austria.

Castille, France, and England are my targets, but Scandinava is next because I want their Welsh lands.

Georgia, they've managed to blob into the Indian Ocean.

HRE Bavaria, I don't want it taking my Austrian lands.

10. Who are your allies?
PU Austria, and OPM Granada.

1. Who are you? Sicily (1st game after a long hiatus).

2. What year is it? mid-1500's

3. Have you lost a war you tried to win? Kind of; while allied to Aragon conceded to Castille - ducats and ending treaties, which conveniently ended my Aragon alliance.

4. Are you one of the richest countries? Yes, #1 in income, tech. Turned Sicily into a sort of "Holland south." Free trade + small but profitable colonial empire (Caribbean, South Africa.)

5. Are you at war? No.

6. What is your main concern? Keeping two of my allies (Hungary, Serbia) safe from super blobs Austria and Bohemia. Probably won't be able to do that though if either decide to attack them. My troops are better, their manpower dwarf mine. (Bohemia has now taken virtually all of the former GH lands. They will probably devour Nogai and Siber next. )

7.Are you attacking people or being peaceful or both? Mostly peaceful. A few declared wars against Naples, first to release their cores, then to gain provinces due to missions. (I have only added Rome, Sardinia, and two of Naples provinces. Trying to keep on the small side, no intention of forming Italy as I’ve done that numerous times in the past. My original intention was to take Asia Minor but a huge Algiers/Morocco early on thwarted that plan so I went colonial instead. Byzantine eventually struggled back to existence as the area has been a kaleidoscope of nations forming and failing.)

8. Which country are you hating? Austria. Very aggressive. They are keen on Byzantine, whom I have guaranteed.

9. Which country are you fearing? Castille and England are the only nations that have a Navy that might give me trouble. Castille is allied to Austria. Super powers are Castille, England, Austria, Bohemia, Burgundy (HRE); Viz, Ming, Persia, Algiers for non Euros.

10. Who are your allies? Vassals: Pisa, Mantua, Siena, Pomerania (long story), Ceylon.
Allies: Hungary and Serbia (recent), Cyprus (for a very long time), and Scandinavia (formally Denmark) and oddly they have been for most of the game. Also one of the few times I've seen the AI form Scandinavia, they did so without any help from me. Guaranteeing Byzantine and Georgia.

1. Who are you? Croatia. I started the game as Hesse, but got bored becuase I wasn't really getting anywhere. By that time Bohemia had forced Hungary to release Croatia and I had always wanted to try Croatia.
2. What year is it? 1674 or thereabouts.
3. Have you lost a war you tried to win? Not a single one, which is a bit strange.
4. Are you one of the richest countries? Haven't actually checked (and can't do so now). I'm doing alright I guess.
5. Are you at war? Not at the moment, just finished a war against Alencon (of all the places).
6. What is your main concern? Keeping my fingers crossed to avoid getting any female rulers, hence retain the imperial crown and maybe one day unify the HRE.
7.Are you attacking people or being peaceful or both? More on the peaceful side, but I do attack occasionally when the opportunity prsents itself.
8. Which country are you hating? France gets on my nerves because they are so rubbish. I don't really have
9. Which country are you fearing? Blobhemia, who are my neighbours and have an army three times the size of mine. We've got good relations but if things turn bad I'll probably lose to them big time.
10. Who are your allies? Portugal and Venice as "normal" allies. Brabant, Friesland, Hannover, Baden, Styria, Bar and Liege I liberated them from Austria or Burgundy and hence they are my allies.