• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Besides fiddling with their scabbards that is?

that last post ... apart from being brilliant ... reminds me of a study of the USSR that argued they used all the windfall oil/gas/gold income in the mid-70s to re-invest in their economy, the net effect was by 1980 they had the best 1890 era economy on the planet.

Stuyvesant - Having just found this tag I intend to use it to answer your question;
Amazingly Slovakia does have an army that will be used in combat.

H.Appleby - I am attempting to describe minster's traits through the medium of descriptive writing. It is something I hope to get better at as this AAR continues.

Surt - The Red Army is very close, as we shall soon find out. However there are other (possibly) more urgent problems facing T&T.

loki100 - I had heard something similar, though with all stories of the Soviet economy I'm never sure which are true, which are hyperbole and which just sound like they should be true!

Nathan Madien - It is a big leap, perhaps that's why the technology will take 188 days to research. I'll be honest I'm not sure Slovakia will still exist in 188 days so I fear the idea of modern industry will remain a glint in a mad scientist's eye.

22nd June 1944
22nd June 1944

Turning to the vast blackboards that dominated Pruzinsky's office, Tiso noted some urgent looking red chalk.

dTNzBSO.png

The chalk version was far more urgent, trust us on this.

"Is that really saying we will be out of fuel in a week and all our coal reserves in less than a month?" Tiso asked in alarm.

"Yes." Pruzinsky confirmed. "And as were running considerable deficits of every sort of resource, it's only those reserves that are keeping our factories busy."

"Well what is the plan to deal with this crisis?" Tiso askd.

"We have plans to produce more fuel, but that will mean burning through our oil reserves and we've only got 36 days of that left as it is. But it is at least a temporary fix."

"And what about the energy crisis?" Tuka asked.

"Well we're not worried about that at all actually." Pruzinsky said.

"Why not?" Tuka demanded.

"Well we've no idea how to solve it and even if we could we've only got 40 days of rare materials left. And even if we find alternative sources for both energy and rares we've got less than 100 days of metals left."

"So resource wise, we're in serious trouble." Tiso concluded.

"Yes. Basically we're going to run out of everything, there's nothing useful we can do about it, so why worry about which exactly we run out of first?" Pruzinsky said.

Last edited:
Hmm, maybe ask Germany for credits, just in case your here in 40 days, they should still have energy surplus you can buy which then indirectly helps the fuel problem.

A very practical man the fellow is indeed! Ah bisto!

We need more people like Pruzinsky - people content with letting a bad situtation grow worse on its' own instead of interferring and speeding up the downslide.

I've been putting this one off in my "AARs to read pile"; shame on me for not finding it earlier! Hilarious stuff.

Stuyvesant - He has the calm demeanour of the true Victorian engineer. If only he had the talent, ability and imagination to match!

Surt - Funny you should mention that, the next update covers just such a cunning plan.

loki100 - Cool, calm, collected, possessor of an epic moustache and proud owner of a massive stove-pipe hat. What is there not to like about Pruzinsky?

Sir Humphrey - Indeed.

Nathan Madien - Quite. He could go around burning the midnight oil to find a solution, but all that would do is burn through the oil reserves faster*

Avindian - Welcome aboard and glad you liked it.

*This joke brought to you with the kind permission of King Haakon VII of Norway.

22nd June 1944
22nd June 1944

Tiso and Tuka have produced a cunning plan to solve the resources crisis! They leave the Ministry of Production and run back to the Foreign Ministry, dragging Pruzinsky along wit them. They arrive in Durcansky office, Tiso is first to speak;

"Durcansky, could we trade military supplies for raw materials from our fellow Axis members." Tiso asked.

"So we sell supplies, to buy materials, to fuel the industry, to make supplies?" Durcansky asks.

"Yes... but with some careful trading I believe we may be able to break even, perhaps turn a profit. Pruzinsk thinks aloud.

"But can we do it?" Tiso asked hopefully, seeing a dim light at the end of the Slovakian resource tunnel.

Durcansky sadly shakes his head and points at a large note on one of his walls.

yIrkdVU.png

Sadly for Slovakia, Germany kept far better control of her puppets than Japan. Not only was Slovakia not allowed to trade with the rest of the Axis, she wasn't even allowed to trade with Germany.

"We're not allowed out on the markets on our own. Instead we must wait for Germany to tell us what trades she wants to make." Durcansky said, explaining that the light in the tunnel was just the oncoming train of German control.

Last edited:
To be fair to the Germans, imminent annihilation by one of the most battle-hardened, nigh-inexhaustible military juggernaughts in world history does tend to inspire negligence of other matters!

This is why I never play India; I want to, but I'm sick of the UK nicking all my resources!

Its important to note that the German railways are efficient, so the light won't be delayed by track work.

... or the Red Army

well at least they tried
Quick! Is the light red or, erm, grey? This is vital information (well, mainly to determine which way is opposite, i.e. The way to run to briefly delay the inevitable)!

'Here lies Slovakia: they tried, but they couldn't' isn't much of an epitaph, but it has the benefit of being truthful. ;)*

*I have to admit: thus far. Who knows, there could be a miraculous reversal of fortune in the very near future.