• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(171402)

First Lieutenant
1 Badges
Oct 5, 2009
  • Darkest Hour
closeup1.png

closeup2.png

closeup3q.png

closeup4.png

europet.png

northamericad.png

southamerica.png

asiaj.png

africay.png

View attachment NeatColorScales.zip

How to install:
1) Extract the files (the map/Map_1/ folders are required too for the file to work) from the .zip file in your DH Full directory
2) Enjoy. ;)

Note that this just changes the colorscales file; which color is assigned to each country depends on your choice. You can modify that through the db/country file. ;)

Make sure to make backup copies when necessary, just in case, so you don't lose the original files.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
I don't know:mellow:... Maybe the colours a just a tad too intense? Can we adjust the intensity with your mod, or do we have to find out about that ourselves?... But YES, overall ... but I'd hate to see the HOI2 map appearing again... :eek::eek:.. I mean the colour-scheme... UGH!!!!

Looks great. :)
Except perhaps China/Japan.

I agree, I don't know what you were thinking there, they're bound to go to war and both are yellow. ;)

You're right. They didn't looked so bad in game, but maybe that was because I had looked at them in a closer zoom. Nevertheless, it has been fixed so that there is no confusion now (see images).

By the way, a new version has been uploaded to include the change in Japan and with the file already within the map/Map_1/ directory; all you've to do is to extract the folder and paste it within your DH directory. ;)

Cheers!

EDIT:

I don't know:mellow:... Maybe the colours a just a tad too intense? Can we adjust the intensity with your mod, or do we have to find out about that ourselves?... But YES, overall ... but I'd hate to see the HOI2 map appearing again... :eek::eek:.. I mean the colour-scheme... UGH!!!!

We seem to have posted roughly at the same time. :p

Well, about the colors, they are supposed to look more intense. ;) They're only the colors (no program to adjust the intensity) though you are able to modify those at your will in the file itself. And believe me, that these are quite less intense than when I originally conceived them. But well, I knew this wouldn't fit everyone's tastes. :D

Last edited:
Thank God somebody did this! Thank you, omega20!

omega20: Can you give us any information on how it works, how the numbers in the colourscales work/mean etc.? A quick, short tutorial?

It's ok, I had a quick look on hoi2 wiki.

omega20: Have you ever tried to put an image in a province.. I mean, instead of filling the province with colour, to fill it with an image?

I love it. Much more vibrant and fun to look at. Thanks!

So, would this work in mods other than DH Full, or would tags have to be manually reassigned?

Thanks to omega20 for doing this great work. It reminded me that WIF had it's own coloured map version. I've now installed that (FT) version in the new WIF.

I'LL BE RECOMMENDING THIS (omega20) MOD FOR "Mod of the Month" in January................................ and you should too.:cool:

T.j Arnold: In answer to your question, you can take omega20's file and put it in any DH version (Light/Full) and it will do the job as intended. So yes, it will work in DH Full and DH Light, or any HOI2 game for that matter.