• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Kriegsspieler

Field Marshal
68 Badges
Feb 27, 2003
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Surviving Mars
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
Here's an annoying problem that appears unique to my computer, since everyone else isn't howling about it.

Often when I try to save or always when loading a saved game, I get a crash. I have the game updated to version 2.2 and I have a Windows 7 OS, for what it's worth.

Any clue what could be causing this?

I got this problem as well until I re-cached the cached files. If you need to know how to do this, just ask.

1. Locate the Cache folder, default is C:\Program Files\Paradox Interactive\Supreme Ruler Cold War\Cache.
2. Delete ColdWar.SAV
3. Start up the game, select the Cold War Scenario.
At this point, the game looks like it freezes, but it's actually rebuilding the cache file.
4. When it's done, it will drop back the the main menu.
5. Exit the game and open the saved games file, default is Users\"Your user name"\My Games\Supreme Ruler Cold War\Savegame.
6. You'll find a file named Cached - ColdWar.SAV. Copy that to the original Cache folder.
7. Removed the "Cahced - " part of the file name.
8. If everything went right, when you restart the game, everything should be fixed.

Oh, I almost forgot to mention this. This won't fix a saved game, but it will prevent new ones from acting up. This happens when they make changes in the updates and patches. I have to re-cache my custom senarios when they update, and start my games over.

Thanks to those who have posted about recaching. I was having the same issue and it appears to have now cleared up. If I want to play on some other scenarios will I need to recache them as well?

Occasionally i get a crash when saving, and quitting...(which really doesn't matter..just a different way to exit the game )

I don't recall having one on a load recently, and only a few while actually playing.

Win 7 Pro, 64bit.