+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Crash when saving/loading

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisHoi 2 BetaEuropa Universalis IV

Crash when saving/loading

Here's an annoying problem that appears unique to my computer, since everyone else isn't howling about it.

Often when I try to save or always when loading a saved game, I get a crash. I have the game updated to version 2.2 and I have a Windows 7 OS, for what it's worth.

Any clue what could be causing this?
    HOI2, HOI3, Semper Fi, For the Motherland: Dirigierender Chefredakteur, Buchhalter der Rohstoffe
    Victoria - Revolutions: Fabrikknecht
    EU3: Reichskanzler
    Pride of Nations: Staatssekretär des Kolonialamtes
    CK2: Ausgebildeter (!) Lehrling

It could be a corrupt savegame. There are still a few reports of that happening although nothing we can nail down. Try turning on autosaves, they alternate file names. If one autosave goes corrupt go to the other and you've not lost much game time.
    Chris Latour
    BattleGoat Studios
    chris@battlegoat.com

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSupreme Ruler: Cold War

Thanks. I'll try to let the autosave do most of the work.
    HOI2, HOI3, Semper Fi, For the Motherland: Dirigierender Chefredakteur, Buchhalter der Rohstoffe

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIMajesty 2
    Semper FiSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Europa Universalis IV

I got this problem as well until I re-cached the cached files. If you need to know how to do this, just ask.
    "Computers are like old testament gods; lots of rules and no mercy." - Joseph Campbell

Yeah, how do you re-cache the files. This happens to me every so often. Thanks in advance

Semper FiSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Europa Universalis IV

1. Locate the Cache folder, default is C:\Program Files\Paradox Interactive\Supreme Ruler Cold War\Cache.
    2. Delete ColdWar.SAV
    3. Start up the game, select the Cold War Scenario.
    At this point, the game looks like it freezes, but it's actually rebuilding the cache file.
    4. When it's done, it will drop back the the main menu.
    5. Exit the game and open the saved games file, default is Users\"Your user name"\My Games\Supreme Ruler Cold War\Savegame.
    6. You'll find a file named Cached - ColdWar.SAV. Copy that to the original Cache folder.
    7. Removed the "Cahced - " part of the file name.
    8. If everything went right, when you restart the game, everything should be fixed.
    "Computers are like old testament gods; lots of rules and no mercy." - Joseph Campbell

Thanks for the help!
    Any idea why this happens?

Europa Universalis IV

Oh, I almost forgot to mention this. This won't fix a saved game, but it will prevent new ones from acting up. This happens when they make changes in the updates and patches. I have to re-cache my custom senarios when they update, and start my games over.

My saved games are reloaded but i cannot unpause them. The button is disabled. Can any one tell me about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ahmad Mujtaba View Post
    My saved games are reloaded but i cannot unpause them. The button is disabled. Can any one tell me about it?
    This only occurs if you have installed with a counterfeit/pirate key. Please reinstall with a valid key.
    Chris Latour
    BattleGoat Studios
    chris@battlegoat.com

Thanks to those who have posted about recaching. I was having the same issue and it appears to have now cleared up. If I want to play on some other scenarios will I need to recache them as well?

Occasionally i get a crash when saving, and quitting...(which really doesn't matter..just a different way to exit the game )

I don't recall having one on a load recently, and only a few while actually playing.

Win 7 Pro, 64bit.

+ Reply to Thread