• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Now all we need are the T45's! :) BTW, if it helps your team, the final design and capability decision on the Type 26 frigates will be made this month. This is when we'll find out the design and weapons fit of the ships.

Some info on the decision point:
http://www.defensenews.com/story.php?i=7969488&c=FEA&s=SPE

Out of curiosity, when will the QE class make it into a build? :D

The next build? Unlikely, as we're working hard on things like a decent options screen with all the graphics and sound options that go with it, along with some stability and logic bugfixes.

But probably the one after that, yes.

When you're here: does the new build work on your Win32 system?

And also, etc: I find no information about a sonar on the QE class. Do they actually make it with no sonar whatsoever?

The next build? Unlikely, as we're working hard on things like a decent options screen with all the graphics and sound options that go with it, along with some stability and logic bugfixes.

But probably the one after that, yes.

When you're here: does the new build work on your Win32 system?

And also, etc: I find no information about a sonar on the QE class. Do they actually make it with no sonar whatsoever?

Oh, I thought I had posted this but it seems not. :blush: It works perfectly now in this respect, good job guys.

As for the QE sonar, I know the Invincible's were fitted with the Thales Type 2016 Active/Passive Search and Attack Sonar so I expect something along those lines. I suspect they'll rely on their embarked Merlins for premier quality sonar ability though.

Great that it works!

I would guess it has some sort of sonar like that, yes. Not really important, obviously, since having an aircraft deck on top of you is really going to make life miserable for any sonar operator trying to make sense of faint signals!

I can't be sure that we're modelling things correctly, but as the game is now, sonar on a moving ship is next to useless. Only those on slow-moving and silent subs, and especially dipping sonars and sonobuoys from aircraft, have a real effect.

Great that it works!

I would guess it has some sort of sonar like that, yes. Not really important, obviously, since having an aircraft deck on top of you is really going to make life miserable for any sonar operator trying to make sense of faint signals!

I can't be sure that we're modelling things correctly, but as the game is now, sonar on a moving ship is next to useless. Only those on slow-moving and silent subs, and especially dipping sonars and sonobuoys from aircraft, have a real effect.

I was talking to a friend of a friend involved in the ACA (aircraft carrier alliance) today and he told me that he doesn't know of any plans to fit sonar to the QE's so if I were you guys I'd not bother adding sonar to them.

So when do I get my first payment in my new job as Researcher? :laugh: :p

It appears that HMS Prince Of Whales will be re-named HMS Ark Royal! Quote-"after intervention by Prince Charles, "A senior Navy officer is understood to have approached the Prince, who holds the rank of admiral in the Navy, who made clear that he had no objection to the name change."
QE_class_carrier.jpg

"This does recognise that the name Ark Royal is iconic. The name conjures up the whole history of these islands and it would represent the future of the Navy and its past."

It appears that HMS Prince Of Whales will be re-named HMS Ark Royal! Quote-"after intervention by Prince Charles, "A senior Navy officer is understood to have approached the Prince, who holds the rank of admiral in the Navy, who made clear that he had no objection to the name change."
QE_class_carrier.jpg

"This does recognise that the name Ark Royal is iconic. The name conjures up the whole history of these islands and it would represent the future of the Navy and its past."

Nope, that was a bit of tabloid fluff that came up and was dismissed 2 years ago.

My mistake still though would have been a better name

I used to think so, I even wrote to my MP about it and got a reply from James Arbuthnot on the Defence Select Committee but the more I think of it I realise that other names should be used too, they all have a proud history.

It appears that HMS Prince Of Whales will be re-named HMS Ark Royal!
Quote-"after intervention by Prince Charles, "A senior Navy officer is understood to have approached the Prince, who holds the rank of admiral in the Navy, who made clear that he had no objection to the name change."
QE_class_carrier.jpg

Prince of Whales... lol