• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The developers could add UKIP coming to power into the plot giving the RN the same numbers it had in 2001:
3x supercarrier
12x Astute class
22x Frigates
11x destroyers
and alot of other RFA ships

The developers could add UKIP coming to power into the plot giving the RN the same numbers it had in 2001:
3x supercarrier
12x Astute class
22x Frigates
11x destroyers
and alot of other RFA ships

I don't think that could happen, even in a game, ever. Besides, UKIP don't say that's what they want and quite frankly their current defence policy is populist nonsense. :p

:D

Great work with the Queen Elizabeth. Can I ask how polygons the model has? And the quality of the texture?

Is there going to be catapult animations for launching aircraft and elevators going down/up? It would be possible to pin a camera into the flight deck to watch the aircraft is launched and landed?

Regards.

I'll check out the exact details about the model.

No, we don't have animations for elevators or catapults or anything like that. Would be very nice to have, but 1) you don't directly control the allocation of aircraft between hangars and deck in this game; and 2) it's an expensive feature to add that gamers would use very little time watching and experiencing.

Great work with the Queen Elizabeth. Can I ask how polygons the model has? And the quality of the texture?

Hi gmilitel,
The model has 13594 triangles. Most of the triangles goes into the smaller details, like cannons, antennas, side platforms, fences, etc. The main hull itself has about 1000 triangles only :) Most ship models in the game are between 10-15k triangles. A few with more "stuff" on the deck are at 20k. The smaller ships, submarines and airplanes are at 5k or so :)

Note: Just in case, K = thousand :)

Last edited:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...ting-Royal-Navy-aircraft-carrier-trebles.html

Estimates for adapting HMS Prince of Wales so that it can be used by the Joint Strike Fighter are understood have risen from £500 million to £1.8 billion.

Millions have already been spent on studies to look at how to convert the ship after ministers decided to scrap the jump-jet variant of the plane in favour of a conventional take-off and landing model. But so great is the rise in total costs, ministers are considering abandoning the plan and reverting to the Ministry of Defence’s original proposals.
:D F-35B here we come!

So this government is just as useless at estimating costs as the previous one, that's good to know. £500m to £1.8bn is just ridiculous though. How can it cost that much to modify a ship they haven't built yet??

How does changing back to the original plan fit with the SDSR's emphasis on interoperability and pooling resources with allies, particularly the USA and France? And what about the claimed whole-life cost savings from using the cheaper and easier to maintain F35C for both RAF and RN?

What does this change, if confirmed, mean for fitting out PoW with EMALS? Is that no longer needed? I suppose if would mean that we could make use of both carriers, seeing as they will be of the same configuration again..

So this government is just as useless at estimating costs as the previous one, that's good to know. £500m to £1.8bn is just ridiculous though. How can it cost that much to modify a ship they haven't built yet??

How does changing back to the original plan fit with the SDSR's emphasis on interoperability and pooling resources with allies, particularly the USA and France? And what about the claimed whole-life cost savings from using the cheaper and easier to maintain F35C for both RAF and RN?

What does this change, if confirmed, mean for fitting out PoW with EMALS? Is that no longer needed? I suppose if would mean that we could make use of both carriers, seeing as they will be of the same configuration again..

It won't be happening, this came from mere speculation by the shadow Defence Minister Jim Murphy.

Maybe we should just forget about the F35 and ask BAE/EADS nicely if they will build us 50 or so navalised Eurofighters. STOBAR has to be cheaper than CATOBAR, right? :p

Maybe we should just forget about the F35 and ask BAE/EADS nicely if they will build us 50 or so navalised Eurofighters. STOBAR has to be cheaper than CATOBAR, right? :p
I can tell you right now that Eurofighters don't do very well head-to-head with F-35s. That's in NWAC, obviously, but we all know that is a perfect simulation of real world combat :)