• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(165900)

<font color="white"><font size="3"><b>Paradox Publ
3 Badges
Sep 14, 2009
www.paradoxplaza.com
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Majesty 2
  • Pirates of Black Cove
Hi,

update r18092b is now live, changelog and known issues list below.

/Paradox and the Kerberos team

Changelog for Sword of the Starts II update r18092b
------

Critical fixes:
- Fixed a crash in multiplayer that could be caused by players creating new provinces.
- Many changes have been made to the combat AI including the introduction of a hierarchical task system. Combat AI can now set up patrol positions, scouts and will engage in new maneuvering behaviors to mix things up.
- Fixed bugs in the combat AI that were preventing it from attacking colonies and ignoring other nearby objectives.
- Game transfer to players joining multiplayer games is no longer excessively throttled. This will make joining multiplayer games much faster in most cases.
- Fixed an issue where the strategic AI was not correctly allocating fleets to missions.
- Fixed an issue where placing a station to construct would immediately subtracts a large sum of savings, most notable with the Hiver Naval Station.
- Patched a very rare crash that could occur when creating a new game.

Other fixes:
- Fixed some station collision geometry issues.
- Fixed some incorrectly identified nodes on station art.
- Fixed materials on Hiver IOBM's.
- Fixed bug where change to end turn button delay would not occur until a new turn.
- Specters no longer pursue drones and other fast battle riders.
- Fixed a UI bug where launching battle riders would not work for all selected units.
- Added missing Auxilliary Fission and Fusion engine section modules.
- Rewrote star map selection code to fix various selection bugs and inconsistencies.
- Fixed tech unlocking in Encycolopedia.
- Fixed errors with right click menu and stopped menu from focusing.
- Removed unintentional sensor range cap on fleet movement.
- Relocation missions will now only be available at systems in which you have a colony.
- Reduced savings cost of Human Polytechnic Institute from 10-million to 1-million.
- Fixed a tech tree issue where Fusion Cannons might not be available when they should.
- Fixed incorrect tech requirement for Heavy Fusion Cannon.
- Fixed bug where planet list was not showing up for surveyed system.
- Fixed an issue where MIRV warheads would slow down dramatically just before contacting the target.
- Fixed an issue where the specters could intermittently stop moving during combat.
- Fixed a visual issue where the energry meter in combat was reporting the wrong value.

Other changes:
- Added new star map: Small Disc.
- Added fleet summary dialog, which can be accessed in the button row at the top of the star map.

Key known issues:
- The ship in the weapons test arena has been known to stop firing after combat engagements in networked play.
- The fleet summary button on the star map is appearing with the same icon as the fleet manager button

To be honest.... since the pre-buy, I am finally really starting to enjoy the game. Thanks.

Just an idea... I am sure you have plenty of people around doing nothing at the moment ;p Maybe make a small tool that upgrades saved files to a new version? (just kidding, I hope you all get some sleep now and again).

why is the Paradox and Kerberos opening sequence so sluggish, i mean it displays then about 40 seconds later it makes the kerberous roar then takes about 20 seconds to move onto the menu screen

I have an issue my game was working fine before all these patches now all turns take forever and it crashes alot i hope it doesn't take a year to get this game working properly. As a paying customer i am pissed at the new movement system please allow players to determin when to return our fleets to a base, also if stationed at a friendly planet they should have unlimited supply like in part one.