• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(290845)

Sergeant
8 Badges
Mar 23, 2011
  • Darkest Hour
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Semper Fi
  • War of the Vikings
  • Victoria 2 A House Divided Beta
Hey guys ive been following this forum for quite a while and am now finaly able to join it with the new collection they just released. i have 2 questions

my currect game as japan i have upgraded all my fighter techs to 36 lvl and then i start to build CAG when they leave the production quene they are all at lvl I and upgrade to lvl II when the 39 techs hit. where as the CAG i already had to begin with were technicly better than the ones i built with better techs.

Secondly The IJN Mogami shows up as lvl IV CL where as all the ones leaving my production quene are ongly III they still seem to be better ships. they have the 38 techs so what im wondering is did they change the levels of units in the august storm mod ?:confused:

The Mogami's have some lore to them that you can pickup from Wikipedia pretty easily. Basically they were top notch prototype cruisers that had lots of flaws and they decided to go with lesser versions to make the mass production of them more reliable. Some technologies will not upgrade. I'm sure someone will list them off but the easiest way to notice is that when a tech upgrades each unit will have it listed in their description and if its upgradable to existing units you will see a (xx.xx%) next to the tech. Examples of techs that dont upgrade to existing units are ship engines, armor, and main armaments. For Planes I think maybe along the same lines but I never bothered to look. Its best to hold off on producing ships as japan till you are done china since your techs will be upgrading nicely while you are dealing with a land war in china. Then when your techs are good and your economy is great from having china you can mass produce a navy and put the army on the back burner(or as I like to call it, India).

Thanks for the reply now question 2 is solved. now what i am wondering is why my CAG are produced at lvl I when my understanding of the rech tree is lvl I is CAG technoligy. lvl II is 36 tech and lvl III is all 39 tech. and the ones i produced come out as if i had no tech and wont upgrade to lvl II until i have the 39 tech

Thanks for the reply now question 2 is solved. now what i am wondering is why my CAG are produced at lvl I when my understanding of the rech tree is lvl I is CAG technoligy. lvl II is 36 tech and lvl III is all 39 tech. and the ones i produced come out as if i had no tech and wont upgrade to lvl II until i have the 39 tech

You'll likely get a faster response from Jackda about this if you post in the August Storm forum.