+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Should Clergy be literate?

Darkest HourHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionVictoria 2500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Should Clergy be literate?

This is kind of a minor point that doesn't really affect anything. More like a curiosity. But I noticed in the population menu that clergy pops, just like everyone else have % literacy. And its not 100%.

For that matter, it really stretches the imagination to believe that capitalists and aristocrats could be illiterate. Much less so that illiterate clergymen are going around teaching dukes and lords how to read.

Second Lieutenant Gibimus Maximus's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesRome GoldSengokuVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Breyer View Post
    This is kind of a minor point that doesn't really affect anything. More like a curiosity. But I noticed in the population menu that clergy pops, just like everyone else have % literacy. And its not 100%.

For that matter, it really stretches the imagination to believe that capitalists and aristocrats could be illiterate. Much less so that illiterate clergymen are going around teaching dukes and lords how to read.
    Only a small percentage of the clergy has finished their training. During this time period, the clergy were indeed the most literate people in Western societies (at least for the first few decades of the time frame), but not all of your clergy population is going to represent fully fledged priests, so to speak. The percentage should surely be significantly higher than any of the lower classes, though.

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiShip Simulator Extremes
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Pagan clergy (I think there is some) should be mostly illiterate, though.
    Owner of Rome CE + VV, CK + DV, CK II, CotN, EU, EU II, FtG, EU III CE + IN + NA + HttT + DW, EU IV, Victoria + Rev, Victoria II + AHD + HoD, Diplomacy, HoI, HoI II + DD + A, AoD and HoI III + SF + FtM + TFH

This is my real avatar.

Since August 2010 I've considered Friday the 13th a lucky day.

+ Reply to Thread