• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
NDA probably ran its course.

Anyway, awesome man! Totally subbed. :D

Looking forward to future uploads! :)

NDAs normally never expire.

One thing, you said the Duke of Porto would eventually break away and form Portugal? Is that somekind of ingame event/decision, or just happened randomly through the normal game mechanics

One thing, you said the Duke of Porto would eventually break away and form Portugal? Is that somekind of ingame event/decision, or just happened randomly through the normal game mechanics

Well, historically he did try to break away from that very king in 1070 so if the setup has them in a collision course due to traits it would be correct most of the times

Well, historically he did try to break away from that very king in 1070 so if the setup has them in a collision course due to traits it would be correct most of the times

You kind of missed my point, what I was asking is if this break way was due to the natural flow of the game, or some kind "scripted" event that can be triggered after x and y conditions are met, kind of like forming Germany in Victoria II for example.

Last edited:
It kind of misses my point, what I was asking is if this break way was due to the normal flow of the game, or some kind "scripted" event that can be triggered after x and y conditions are met, kind of like forming Germany in Victoria II for example.

I don't have the game, but considering the sandbox philosophy of Paradox games it surely isn't scripted.

However, if you notice the relative power of both the king and the "count" of Portucale (aka duke) it must be kind of inevitable for such a rebellion to happen sooner or later. Why would a duke as powerful as a king stay under his rule? ;)

Very nice, great to see actual game action like this!

Exactly. Press and some other people got a version recently.

I don't know if this is just me, but it seems as if CKII is getting a lot more press coverage than previous PI games.
Is this due to an effort from PI to push the game, or is it simply a massive interest from the community and press? Maybe both?

I don't know if this is just me, but it seems as if CKII is getting a lot more press coverage than previous PI games.
Is this due to an effort from PI to push the game, or is it simply a massive interest from the community and press? Maybe both?

CKII has always been on my list of must have games. Next part will be up tonight or tomorrow. I do have trouble pronouncing the names of places, I've living in Canada for a good portion of my life although pronunciation has never been a strong skill for me.

Lecnac, I do things very fast and come to think it of it I don't give alot of time for people to see the little details of my actions. I guess this is because of my playstyle for games. Actually one of the main reasons I decided to do Let's play is that I find most people's LPs to be too slow going. I will try to give some time for the little things in the next parts.

Kluska, I didn't have to sign a NDA form. We got our press copies sometime ago, personally I don't know the exact date seeing as I just got my motherboard back. in terms of NDA forms I think paradox gives you one for private betas, normally they are 3 years(?).

Anyways next part will be up tonight or tomorrow.

I think it's a major game for Paradox. The interface graphics style, which hadn't really changed for years, it so much more polished. New sound effects other than the stock ones they have used in so many games - little things thatnreally needed updating for atmoshpere. Loads of new events. New mechanics etc and it was as if Sengoku was a test run for many of the ideas in ck2. It all points to ck2 being a massive game for paradox and correspondingly they are pushing it a bit harder I'm terms of advertising.

I hope it does well. Certainly looks good.

CKII has always been on my list of must have games. Next part will be up tonight or tomorrow. I do have trouble pronouncing the names of places, I've living in Canada for a good portion of my life although pronunciation has never been a strong skill for me.

Lecnac, I do things very fast and come to think it of it I don't give alot of time for people to see the little details of my actions. I guess this is because of my playstyle for games. Actually one of the main reasons I decided to do Let's play is that I find most people's LPs to be too slow going. I will try to give some time for the little things in the next parts.

Kluska, I didn't have to sign a NDA form. We got our press copies sometime ago, personally I don't know the exact date seeing as I just got my motherboard back. in terms of NDA forms I think paradox gives you one for private betas, normally they are 3 years(?).

Anyways next part will be up tonight or tomorrow.

I just can't wait to next video! :)

Both really. A lot of people are interested in the game, and we keep growing and learning from our earlier game releases so we have more resources and experience. Plus the longer development cycle means it's in a state where we can show it off much earlier relative to its release date.

Thank you. I have some criticism, which I hope is constructive.

May I request that you give some more time to the people in your realm and their relationships. Take a look at your vassals and courtiers, find out why they do or don't like you. Prop up your friends with titles and money, please your vassals with positions. For example, don't just imprison your sister, find out why she hates you and try to remedy the situation more peacefully (or marry her off to a faraway land if you can't see her any longer). Or check your relationship with your bishops and church in general, who can help you a lot when they like you. While you noted that traits are incredibly important, you do not really look into them at all, even those of your ruler seem an afterthought. Your whole court hates your guts, except your mother. Why? Because you imprison your sister and execute petty criminals.

You all but ignore the most important aspect of the game: Relationships. Instead the first thing on your mind is conquest. You're in good company, every other previewer does the same. And when doing so, you concentrate on the more simplistic and abstracted aspects of it. When you raise your troops and see only 39 in one province. Why? Your barons there have more. Do they hate you? Did you not ask them? As other previewers, you go to war unprepared, do not check the relationships between the Muslim rulers, you do try not increase troop count and quality with the multitude of instruments at your disposal.

You do not take much care of the infrastructure or technology in your and your vassal's lands. You do not take care of your economy. The abilities of your courtiers are only touched upon when they fail at a task and you get an event. The first thing everybody does in CKI is to get a good steward and start to build economic buildings, and set their tech research to mines and siege engines. Here on the other hand you beeline directly for war and conquest as if this was Space Invaders, not a game of feudal interconnections. :happy: