+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Crusader Kings II Let's Play!

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kluska View Post
    NDA probably ran its course.

Anyway, awesome man! Totally subbed.

Looking forward to future uploads!
    NDAs normally never expire.
    Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. -Isa 41:10

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. -John 3:16
    -------------------------------

My machine specs: i7 2600 @ 3.4 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, Radeon HD6870 with 1 GB RAM, Windows 7 64-bit

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDungeonland
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IV

The guys who are making the vids have preview (not beta) copies of the game. That means that they didn't sign any NDA I think.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

Good let's play, but you really should give away the city and bishopric that you currently control since you won't get a good income from them.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultDungeonland
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneLeviathan: WarshipsMagickaRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event
    EUIV: Conquest of Paradise

One thing, you said the Duke of Porto would eventually break away and form Portugal? Is that somekind of ingame event/decision, or just happened randomly through the normal game mechanics
    The Eternal State - a DH-KR Ottoman AAR - Dropped due to health reasons

Struggle for the Mediterranean - a BOR Punic War MP AAR
    - Dropped due to AGEOD leaving Paradox

One of these days I will actually finish an AAR

"Holy Roman Empire. Neither Holy, nor Roman, nor an Empire. But it doesn't have any oil so no reason for military intervention" -Voltaire.

Reichsmarschall Paradox Dev Team Darkrenown's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLost Empire - Immortals
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator Extremes
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis

Quote Originally Posted by ssj18vegeta View Post
    The guys who are making the vids have preview (not beta) copies of the game. That means that they didn't sign any NDA I think.
    Exactly. Press and some other people got a version recently.
    Relentless madman.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrider View Post
    One thing, you said the Duke of Porto would eventually break away and form Portugal? Is that somekind of ingame event/decision, or just happened randomly through the normal game mechanics
    Well, historically he did try to break away from that very king in 1070 so if the setup has them in a collision course due to traits it would be correct most of the times
    I went to OT forum and all I got was this louzy sig.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultDungeonland
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneLeviathan: WarshipsMagickaRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event
    EUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzezze View Post
    Well, historically he did try to break away from that very king in 1070 so if the setup has them in a collision course due to traits it would be correct most of the times
    You kind of missed my point, what I was asking is if this break way was due to the natural flow of the game, or some kind "scripted" event that can be triggered after x and y conditions are met, kind of like forming Germany in Victoria II for example.
    Last edited by Soulstrider; 22-11-2011 at 18:45.
    The Eternal State - a DH-KR Ottoman AAR - Dropped due to health reasons

Struggle for the Mediterranean - a BOR Punic War MP AAR
    - Dropped due to AGEOD leaving Paradox

One of these days I will actually finish an AAR

"Holy Roman Empire. Neither Holy, nor Roman, nor an Empire. But it doesn't have any oil so no reason for military intervention" -Voltaire.

Afaik there are no events like the three hurrah's in the game. At least in the preview version.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrider View Post
    It kind of misses my point, what I was asking is if this break way was due to the normal flow of the game, or some kind "scripted" event that can be triggered after x and y conditions are met, kind of like forming Germany in Victoria II for example.
    I don't have the game, but considering the sandbox philosophy of Paradox games it surely isn't scripted.

However, if you notice the relative power of both the king and the "count" of Portucale (aka duke) it must be kind of inevitable for such a rebellion to happen sooner or later. Why would a duke as powerful as a king stay under his rule?
    I went to OT forum and all I got was this louzy sig.

200k clubHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Deus VultEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    LegioMagickaEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuSword of the Stars
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    CK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Very nice, great to see actual game action like this!
    Read my Cuzco MEIOU AAR Children of the Sun! (ongoing)
    AARland Choice AwAARd: EU Gameplay Q1 & Q2 2011, Weekly AAR Showcase 17-10-2010,

Follow Gentlemen in Germany - a Brunswick AAR! (ongoing)

Participating in 1001 Sultans - A Jalayirids Succession AAR (ongoing)

WritAAR of the Week 24-5-2011, Fan of the Week 3-12-2009 & 15-1-2012
    Speed - A Castille (mini-?)AAR (finished)
    Took part in the HT Succession Game (finished)

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrenown View Post
    Exactly. Press and some other people got a version recently.
    I don't know if this is just me, but it seems as if CKII is getting a lot more press coverage than previous PI games.
    Is this due to an effort from PI to push the game, or is it simply a massive interest from the community and press? Maybe both?
    "For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others."

"When we are unwilling to draw clear moral lines between free societies and fear societies, when we are unwilling to call the former good and the latter evil, we will not be able to advance the cause of peace because peace cannot be disconnected from freedom."

Quote Originally Posted by Gatkramp View Post
    I don't know if this is just me, but it seems as if CKII is getting a lot more press coverage than previous PI games.
    Is this due to an effort from PI to push the game, or is it simply a massive interest from the community and press? Maybe both?
    CKII has always been on my list of must have games. Next part will be up tonight or tomorrow. I do have trouble pronouncing the names of places, I've living in Canada for a good portion of my life although pronunciation has never been a strong skill for me.

Lecnac, I do things very fast and come to think it of it I don't give alot of time for people to see the little details of my actions. I guess this is because of my playstyle for games. Actually one of the main reasons I decided to do Let's play is that I find most people's LPs to be too slow going. I will try to give some time for the little things in the next parts.

Kluska, I didn't have to sign a NDA form. We got our press copies sometime ago, personally I don't know the exact date seeing as I just got my motherboard back. in terms of NDA forms I think paradox gives you one for private betas, normally they are 3 years(?).

Anyways next part will be up tonight or tomorrow.

I think it's a major game for Paradox. The interface graphics style, which hadn't really changed for years, it so much more polished. New sound effects other than the stock ones they have used in so many games - little things thatnreally needed updating for atmoshpere. Loads of new events. New mechanics etc and it was as if Sengoku was a test run for many of the ideas in ck2. It all points to ck2 being a massive game for paradox and correspondingly they are pushing it a bit harder I'm terms of advertising.

I hope it does well. Certainly looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by Zone12 View Post
    CKII has always been on my list of must have games. Next part will be up tonight or tomorrow. I do have trouble pronouncing the names of places, I've living in Canada for a good portion of my life although pronunciation has never been a strong skill for me.

Lecnac, I do things very fast and come to think it of it I don't give alot of time for people to see the little details of my actions. I guess this is because of my playstyle for games. Actually one of the main reasons I decided to do Let's play is that I find most people's LPs to be too slow going. I will try to give some time for the little things in the next parts.

Kluska, I didn't have to sign a NDA form. We got our press copies sometime ago, personally I don't know the exact date seeing as I just got my motherboard back. in terms of NDA forms I think paradox gives you one for private betas, normally they are 3 years(?).

Anyways next part will be up tonight or tomorrow.
    I just can't wait to next video!

Reichsmarschall Paradox Dev Team Darkrenown's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLost Empire - Immortals
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator Extremes
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis

Both really. A lot of people are interested in the game, and we keep growing and learning from our earlier game releases so we have more resources and experience. Plus the longer development cycle means it's in a state where we can show it off much earlier relative to its release date.
    Relentless madman.

Crusader Kings IIVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Zone12 View Post
    Thank you. I have some criticism, which I hope is constructive.

May I request that you give some more time to the people in your realm and their relationships. Take a look at your vassals and courtiers, find out why they do or don't like you. Prop up your friends with titles and money, please your vassals with positions. For example, don't just imprison your sister, find out why she hates you and try to remedy the situation more peacefully (or marry her off to a faraway land if you can't see her any longer). Or check your relationship with your bishops and church in general, who can help you a lot when they like you. While you noted that traits are incredibly important, you do not really look into them at all, even those of your ruler seem an afterthought. Your whole court hates your guts, except your mother. Why? Because you imprison your sister and execute petty criminals.

You all but ignore the most important aspect of the game: Relationships. Instead the first thing on your mind is conquest. You're in good company, every other previewer does the same. And when doing so, you concentrate on the more simplistic and abstracted aspects of it. When you raise your troops and see only 39 in one province. Why? Your barons there have more. Do they hate you? Did you not ask them? As other previewers, you go to war unprepared, do not check the relationships between the Muslim rulers, you do try not increase troop count and quality with the multitude of instruments at your disposal.

You do not take much care of the infrastructure or technology in your and your vassal's lands. You do not take care of your economy. The abilities of your courtiers are only touched upon when they fail at a task and you get an event. The first thing everybody does in CKI is to get a good steward and start to build economic buildings, and set their tech research to mines and siege engines. Here on the other hand you beeline directly for war and conquest as if this was Space Invaders, not a game of feudal interconnections.

I hope this won't be as disappointing as Victoria II.

Quote Originally Posted by Haydn View Post
    I hope this won't be as disappointing as Victoria II.
    How was Victoria II disappointing?

It wasn't a complete failure like Pride Of Nations but after all those promising dev-diaries I was expecting something better.

Just my personal opinion.

Euro-centric Diplomat Negru Voda's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3For the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourMagickaSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Haydn View Post
    after all those promising dev-diaries I was expecting something better.
    you heard it here first ppl: Dev Diaries build High Hopes :P
    ~My old signature took up too much space, so I made this one.

~P.S: You're wonderful.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast