• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Looks good! Hopefully the next player can rebuild our manpower and subdue the rebels quickly enough to strike the Mamluks when they're still at war with the Ottomans.

Number 4... could anybody explain to me why I'm working harder for an AAR than for my master thesis that is due in a couple of weeks?!?

Uwais III knew that his populace still had not recovered from the hardships of the war and that his realm was in turmoil, but he expected the situation to improve with every day of peace.

61.gif

Of course, when word of that reached a certain European court…

62.gif

With the end of the war with Vijayanagar and whatnot this is as good a situation as ever to have a look at the grand scheme of things. In Europe France and England are slowly developing into superpowers while Lithuania will probably be this game’s Eurosnake into Asia.

63.gif

The situation to the east should be well known to readers of this AAR by now – India is in the hands of 3-4 major Hindu nations. In the middle east the Mamluks have expanded down North and recently into the Ottomans, I expect them to fall apart when facing serious difficulties though. Having Castille in the neighborhood might prove interesting for the future.

64.gif

Our heir has average skills, unfortunately the ADM value is too low to reform the tribes – thus my move into Persia.

65.gif

The financial situation is acceptable, we make enough money to finance our armies and erect 2-3 buildings every year. The only problem remains our inflation rate, which I even increased in this session. Technology is abysmal of course but I do not expect that to change until we westernize. Sliders for that will soon be in position, but there is no suitable ruler in sight.

66.gif

The downside to our progressive national policy sliders is the huge policy restriction penalty. Every province has +6 revolt risk… hurting taxes and stability alike.

73.gif

On a more positive note – our people are almost entirely composed of true believers. The last few heretics are awaiting conversion by our missionaries.

67.gif

Previous conquests have mostly cored now – the situation is indeed starting to look very acceptable.

68.gif

Culturally the Khalifat is divided between an Arab and a Persian population, as is Uwais’ III heart.

69.gif

Several minor powers have sworn fealty to the Jalayirids – Uwais III made sure to include them in our sphere of influence during his reign.

70.gif

The general revolt risk is very low - except for the newly acquired provinces of course.

71.gif

In these times of peace Uwais III intensified his efforts to open his court and realm to modern thinkers.

72.gif

At times Timurids attempted to cross the borders, but it was hard to judge whether they were an organized force or refugees. At no point did they pose a threat to the realm.

74.gif

To further mitigate the effect of the long years of war, Uwais III decreed in his wisdom that his peasants were to be allowed more freedoms.

75.gif

After a few years nobody at the French court found it amusing any longer.

76.gif

Soon thereafter it could be said that the country had finally recovered from the times of strive and conflict.

77.gif

Consequently Uwais III was considering expanding his holdings again…

78.gif

…and maybe limit the autonomy of Oman a little.

79.gif

At first their ruler was unwilling, but after having been invited to the Jalayrid court by Uwais III, he was made an offer that he simply couldn’t refuse. Especially after finding the severed head of his favorite race camel in his bed in the morning.

81.gif

Last edited:
Congratz on your hard-fought victory over the Hindu heathens that wrongfully occupied Muslim lands! That inflation is slightly alarming though. All in all, however, yours is turning out to be a quite successful reign.

How did your war against France gain -11% warscore?

Btw, is this the last installment or is there more to come?

Congratz on your hard-fought victory over the Hindu heathens that wrongfully occupied Muslim lands! That inflation is slightly alarming though. All in all, however, yours is turning out to be a quite successful reign.

How did your war against France gain -11% warscore?

Btw, is this the last installment or is there more to come?

Thanks. There's like a mini-part still to come, that I couldn't post due to the 20 pics limitation. France got the 11 % through occupying Karaman, I had allied them during the Vijayanagar war to decrease their war capacity.

And uh... if you still have space I would love to take a turn :unsure: ...

Loving the AAR so far--sorry I didn't get back to you before, Kommando... was in exams and wasn't really checking the forums. I'd love to get a spot if it's open :)

How about I put you two guys onto a "substitute" list and contact you when somebody drops out?

Ack... it's over!

Thanks to the mission and the event before, Oman only had 3 uncored provinces.

82.gif

The people of the Hedjaz finally recognized the legitimacy of our rule.

80.gif

Meanwhile in Francia…

83.gif

Uwais III had been planning further conquests these last years after bringing Vijayanagar to its knees. Yet he had felt the age in his bones and had thought it in the best interest of his son not to leave him a war-torn country. On his deathbed Uwais III asked to see his son Hasan one last time. He told him: “Son hold fast to the lands of Persia, I sense in them our future. Soon I will leave this sphere and with it our realm will erupt into turmoil. I know you and I trust that you can piece it together again and forge an even stronger sword out if it. But always, always… remember Persia.” And with these words on his lips he drew his last breath. Hasan ordered the erection of a huge mausoleum in Hormuz, as he knew that it had been his father’s wish to be buried in Persian soil.

84.gif

85.gif

86.gif

Statistics:
Shah Uwais' III reign:
1473-1504
Income: 33 => 55 (+22)
Army : 31k => 50k (+19k)
Provinces: 25 => 37 (+12)
Techs: 7,6,6,7,7 => 10,7,6,7,8
Inflation: 9.9 => 10.5

Last edited:
Awesome turn, Kommando!

Nitpick: I think that last screenshot is from the beginning of your reign. That, or you released all your conquests before your monarchs death :p.

Great updates! Loved the "race camel" incident. :D

I've played a bit yesterday and today, should have no problem finishing it tomorrow, especially since I turned the ruler into a general (I figured I should try to avoid a very lengthy reign since I couldn't start playing immediately after getting the turn and have been tired from work).

By the way, don't forget to enact Standardize Measurements and stuff when you can move the national focus in 1505.

Thanks for the reminder, it's easy enough to forget stuff like this when you aren't around when they become available. ;)

I figured I should try to avoid a very lengthy reign

Yes, make sure to bed only the most intelligent ladies from your harem, and hire people to endlessly train your heir in administrative capabilities. Another <7 admin monarch would be quite unfortunate.

Kommando, is that Venice controlling Constantinople, or Trebizond?

Interesting to see the Mamluks won against the Ottos. Usually it's all down hill for the Mammies after they've been defeated once by OE.

Yes, make sure to bed only the most intelligent ladies from your harem, and hire people to endlessly train your heir in administrative capabilities. Another <7 admin monarch would be quite unfortunate.

Sadly, that's what we get. :( And a regency to boot since the bad heir is ten years old (or nine? I don't remember the month of birth). The regency council would be good enough to westernize, but getting a Western or Oriental neighbor may not be worth the trouble and subsequent weaker defensive position since we'd only get one level out of it.

Also, we had very bad luck with the TSC. The situation itself is good - only at war with Qara Koyunlu and that's practically won, a manageable number of non-cores - but the pretender starts in Hormuz, the province that has our biggest rebel spawn. With the ordinary 13k stack and the double sized pretender stack, there are 39k rebels in that one province. :eek:

The reign lasted from 1504 to 1518, the save is here.

Sadly, that's what we get. :( And a regency to boot since the bad heir is ten years old (or nine? I don't remember the month of birth). The regency council would be good enough to westernize, but getting a Western or Oriental neighbor may not be worth the trouble and subsequent weaker defensive position since we'd only get one level out of it.

Also, we had very bad luck with the TSC. The situation itself is good - only at war with Qara Koyunlu and that's practically won, a manageable number of non-cores - but the pretender starts in Hormuz, the province that has our biggest rebel spawn. With the ordinary 13k stack and the double sized pretender stack, there are 39k rebels in that one province. :eek:

The reign lasted from 1504 to 1518, the save is here.

*Cough* Making your ruler a general when the heir is not yet of age might not have been the wisest decision ever.

*Cough* Making your ruler a general when the heir is not yet of age might not have been the wisest decision ever.

True, but I had to get the turn moving - I'm almost out of time. I got my turn at a bad time unfortunately, I maybe should have asked for a switch or something.

It's not optimal especially with the TSC, but five years of a regency that's has better stats than the heir isn't going to kill us. ;)

Alright, I downloaded the game. Starting to play now :)