• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The next day the scientist would continue the work with the documents, they found the one who was dated July 1418, and continued the work.

Written and witnessed by Yasir Sa'id. Period of 1418 to the point of my masters death on the 9th of October 1436.​

Today I got a letter from the frontlines from my master, he just wanted to tell us that the Oman army had been obliterated and that the army would now siege their cities.

1battleofqatar.png

The Timurids also appeared at our borders in early 1419. They would have to wait untill my master returned, but by the looks of it, they wouldn't be much of a challenge.

2timurids.png

As the sieges went on Nizwa fell in early June. In January 1420 we managed to improve the Naval technology bringing it up to 6. Suhar fell in April 1420. The current siege map based on our intelligence.

3siegemap.png

My master also knew it was difficult to keep control of our southern provinces without Hansa, as a step to keep them open for military access he included them in our sphere in May 1420.

4sphere.png

With the fall of Muscat in October 1420, we now controlled 3/5 Oman provinces, we were also sieging our own provinces to gain them back. Unfortunately the Ottomans got themselves in trouble with Castille at this point, and a war against Castille is not something our nation can take at the moment, we had to respectfully decline. Luristan, the province we would get a core by taking also comes under Persian rule when the province defects.
Liwa fell in February 1421, one more province would seal the peace resolutions in Jalayirid favor. He also ordered the training of six new regiments. With the back taking of Beni Yas in August 1421, Omans fate was more or less sealed.

5beniyas.png

6oman.png

We also signed peace with alliance leader Adal, where they would say "we lost". It would make us look a little more prestigious.

7peacewithadal.png

Soon the Timurids declared war on us again, and as our target province has defected to Persia, my master decided that Hamadan would be good enough.

8siegeofhamadan.png

Hamadan defected to us in July 1422. Then the Timurids accepted a peace offer. Also, some peasants saw a comet. The end is nigh!

9defection.png

My master decided that the time to attack Haasa was here as the only protectors were Morocco. This would secure our access to the southern lands. A slider move becomes available and we move one step towards Centralization, it's currently at 2. Reward is one loss of stability. Khuzestan defects to Haasa.

11decwar.png

Qara Kyonlyn accepted a peace as soon as they were ready for war again in June 1423. In December 1423 we regained full stability again, and also both of the Haasa provinces fell, leading to a quick annexation. Also our marriages policies pay off as owe have a heir on a foreign throne apparently.

12marriagepolicy.png

Then our ruler decides that it's time for war vs. Persia. They have a Fars(cot) and Luristan which is our mission as our primary targets. The country is overrun in September 1426 and the peace deal looks like this.

13warvspersia.png

14peacedwithpersia.png

As money seems to become a problem, we decide to sell of some titles for cash, simply put, rich people can become noble.

15money.png

The Timurids apeared again in 1428. We managed to convert Sharizhor in February 1429. The Timurids peaced out in October 1429, then in November the same year Qara Kyonlyn declared war.

16sharizhor.png

We reach production tech 6 in April 1430 and the conversion of Luristan in october. The next four years passed peacefully, with the hordes attacking us and being demanded peace on, a few rebels here and there, nothing major.

17conversionofluristan.png

A slider move is avaliable in May 1334, we move once again centralized.

18centra.png

We convert Khuzestan in the early 1435.

19conversion.png

Land technology 6 is reached in June 1436.

In the end our ruler dies on the 9th of October 1436.

20deathofruler.png

21currentstats.png

This marks the ending of Malik Shah Walad Jalayirids reign, my master was a nice man, but I'm looking forward to serve my new master. Written and witnessed by Yasir Sa'id.

I'm also sorry for the lack of quality in this update as I ended up trying to hurry to get my ruler to die, he was incredibly resistant. In the hurry I also managed to save over 3-5 SS. Among them the declaration and annexation of Haasa. Sorry. Good luck to the one who is next in line!

For the statistics lovers:
Shah Walad reign:

Income: 4.8 - 21.9 (+17.1)
Army : 6k - 23k (+17k)
Provinces: 6 - 18 (+12)
Techs: Naval, Land and Production to 6 (+3)
Stab: +3

Alltime:

Income: 3.5 - 21.9 (+18.4)
Army: 6k - 23k (+17k)
Provinces: 6 - 18 (+12)
Techs: Naval, Land and Production to 6 (+3)

Last edited:
Walad had a glorious reign indeed! You've made us considerably more powerful and put us on the road to dominating the Middle East (of course Mamluks and Ottos will be tough nuts but we are a lot closer now). Excellent update!

Good luck, Cade Shadow!

Very nice! Some of those provinces are a bit richer too IIRC. A very successful reign, while there are still challenges in the west the road east appears to be open.

Hopefully future reigns are a bit shorter or we'll be half way to a WC before it's my turn. :D

Good job , and you're lucky the Timurids collepsed so soon ! they dien't in my game , and forces me to release my precious vassals :(

Don't worry, that's half the fun :) The only thing is that the Timurids seems to be growing stronger, so watch out incase they suddenly burst up again. It might become troublesome, seems they have a weird growing - decline - growing - decline - growing think going on. The Mamluks shouldn't be much trouble as they have remained quite peaceful against us, they have expanded southwards but was stopped by Castille Tripoli to the west. Ottomans is having fun with the Golden Horde so they should have enough to do as it is. If you want to create a shield agains the Timurids you might want to consider to vassalize Persia. In time the rebels might wring more provinces free and Persia has some cores in the area.

Other than that have fun and good luck Cade! :D

The Mamluks shouldn't be much trouble as they have remained quite peaceful against us

True, but if we are to dominate the Middle East, we will have to defeat them at some point in the future. But there's still lots to do before that becomes an issue.

well, I had a short reign, just died in 1444. Unfortunately, I didn't get to do too much interesting... except set Retrograde up for a VERY interesting turn. AAR will come before too long.

True, but if we are to dominate the Middle East, we will have to defeat them at some point in the future. But there's still lots to do before that becomes an issue.

I only hope we get the time

Whoa, great reign, quite a bunch of the middle east painted in our colors. I somehow dread the succession crisis, but it probably won't be as bad as I imagine. Looking forward to my turn, great work, Hawkiee.

Btw., I removed retrograde from the list, since he hasn't shown up since before the vote. So it's damienreave's turn. And then it's myyyyy turn :)

Last edited:
The Chronicles of Malik Uwais II Jalayirid, the Pious, as translated from the library of Baghdad.

I, Uwais of the Jalayirids, Lord of his people, King in Baghdad and venerable successor, the Caliph, to the Honorable Prophet Muhammad, Praise be upon him, do tell you of these things which have passed by during my reign. If, in my actions, I have done any good or made any success, then all praise is to Allah, for only the faults have been mine.
On October 9, 1436, my Father, Walad, passed away. I mourned until November the first, when I came into the spotlight and took the throne finally. None of the other tribes took issue with my accession, as all had loved my father dearly and hoped to see in me a successor to himself.
Upon my accession to the throne, I looked across the empire I had inherited. We had grown much since the time of my great-grandfather Bayazid. We now possessed the whole of the Arabian peninsula, in some form or fashion, and we owned as well Mesopotamia and into Persia.

My first act on the throne was to see to it that my cousin Hasan, born the same year that my grandfather died, in 1405, would be my successor, as I had no children of my own. He is now 39, by my approximation.

I did not affect our finances, upon first acceding to the throne, though throughout my reign, my finances kept running thin and I had to make more money to cover my expenses. However, on the first day, I made own change.
Allah did make Baghdad, the seat of the sons of the honorable Prophet Muhammad, praise be unto him, the home of the Propet’s Caliphs. Therefore I named myself and all who follow me successors to the prophet.

If I am wrong in this decision, then may Allah blame me for my mistake, and forgive my successors the mistake I have given them. As the successor, I saw fit to send others to convince our brethren that I am successor and in the truth of the Prophet and so sent missionaries throughout our southern holdings to convince them of this matter
To the west, our Ottoman brothers were doing poorly against a number of Christian countries. I pray that Allah guide them to strength against the enemy. Of course, Allah benefits the faithful. The Crusaders made two muslim countries in the Ottomans, Sauuhan and Mentese and made a small Christian country in Albania. I have no doubt that our brothers will manage to re-solidify their empire.

As Caliph, it is my duty to be a unifier of the Muslim world, a beacon of light towards which all countries, be they of the book or pagan, can turn for the light of Allah. Therefore, I sent out my daughters and cousins to the faithful nearby me to spread that word. As well, I obtained access for soldiers to travel the lands of the Ottomans and of Hedjaz for peacekeeping and as a show of faith between our countries.

Unfortunately, not all within this country had heard the message of the Book truly and have taken it to heart. The Persians within our country had been so oppressed that they took arms and turned on their countrymen, hoping to overtake the area. It saddened me to send in troops to stop them. It saddened me further when they turned the first army away and a second had to be sent. More muslim blood spilt by muslims.

It could not have come at a worse time. Only a month later, in August 1438, the Qara Konyunlu to our north saw our country as easy to take and declared war. We sent troops into their territories and took Ajam from them. As we entered the city, I could see nothing but sin within it and so let my troops take what they wanted. As Allah rewards the faithful, and punishes the faithless.

However, at the same time, the Persian rebels had taken Khuzestan, and so things were not happy at all.

By September, we had taken Azerbaijan as well.

I am not a fan of war, did Allah not command us not to kill each other? But men must defend themselves against an aggressor, and so I did take hold of an army myself and battle the whole of the nomad army in Mazandaran, they fled to Gurdan and then back to Mazandaran, where we put them all to flight, capturing or sending away those we could, killing only when not killing meant death.

In response for our virtuous actions in this war, the Ottomans offered us an alliance. However, hoping not to draw them into a war where their soldiers might die as well, we respectfully declined.

Upon hearing of how virtuous Sunni Muslims and their Caliph are and is, the people of Liwa all rejected the Shi’ite heresy and turned to the Caliph for guidance.

On May 3, 1442, I received an envoy from the Ottoman Sultan, saying that as he had no heirs, he wished that I, my cousin Hassan, and our family might inherit his empire. I told him that we would love his empire as we loved our own. And so on that day, we declared this arrangement to the world.

However, as the Sultan had not told us, the Mamluks had also taken an interest in the Ottoman throne, and declared to the world that they deserved the throne even more.

And would be willing to back their claim up with the force of arms. (I sorta goofed on this one-the Ottomans had -70-something prestige and no claimant and hadn’t for a while, and I didn’t realize the Mamluks had already claimed the throne before I did as well).

The colony we had been establishing in Ajam was destroyed when more than thirty thousand Qara Konyunlu rebels entered the territory and took it by storm. Our troops were badly damaged, and so we could only stand and watch by as the settlement was razed to the ground. However, we quickly began a new settlement in well-defended Azerbaijan. The success of this new settlement could do nothing to ease my mind.

The upcoming crisis always weighed heavily on my mind.

In March of this year, 1444, we suffered a revolt in Ajam and Azerbaijan barely a week after we had re-taken Ajam and nearly finished our settlement in Azerbaijan. Both revolts were small and put away quickly, but it left a huge scare on my mind. The tribes that had so peacefully accepted my accession to the throne had begun to take a disliking to Hassan and had begun to petition that they should take my place upon my death, Though parts of me have begun to wonder if they would wait.

Later that year, a man from Beni Yas, by the name of Muhammad Mirza arrived, with a particular aptitude for military tactics and devices. I invited him to join the court’s pay roll and teach me and my tribal generals about war.

However, most of the tribal chiefs disagreed with Mirza, and tensions at the court ran high. And in July 1444, the chiefs almost came to blows. I stepped in and gave my opinion, and I sided with Mirza, saying that we need to know how to minimize our own losses over causing losses to others. I could hear several mutter that it might be time for a new Malik.

I, Yasir Sa’id, who wrote this chronicle at the behest of my Malik, Uwais the Second, must write here that he failed to wake up on the morning of December 18, 1444 at the age of 50. It is commonly believed that he himself died of the shock of hearing that Ahmet I had been taken to his doctors. I however have other ideas. However, I eagerly await the service of my new Lord, Hasan II. May Allah guide him.

Here is the savegame link: http://www.mediafire.com/?707511wywikdyk4

Last edited:
Wow, that's an interesting setup indeed for damienreave.

A PU with OE would be useful but hard to keep, I suspect.

Well done Cade Shadow! And boy, that was quick. :D

At least the only current war is against Qara Koyunlu and seems to be going well. That should make the TSC easier to handle.

Well done Cade Shadow! And boy, that was quick. :D

At least the only current war is against Qara Koyunlu and seems to be going well. That should make the TSC easier to handle.

Btw., was there a TSC at the beginning of his reign? I'm kinda wondering because the first screenshot doesn't show any rebels and neither is there any reference to it.

Btw., was there a TSC at the beginning of his reign? I'm kinda wondering because the first screenshot doesn't show any rebels and neither is there any reference to it.

Yeah I was wondering about that too. In the last of Hawkiee's screenshots you can see the event; but from Cade's update it seems there were no problems at all.

There wasn't a TSC - that's why I wrote the line about the tribes loving Walad and all that. I was really confused about that myself. Hawkiee, did you clear that up during those twenty-one days?

Maybe it's a bug? Get TSC -> quit, reload -> no TSC? In that case we should make sure the previous ruler clicks ok before saving & quitting, so that it actually happens.