• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Reaffirming my interest and updating with a preference list:

Majapahit
Sicily
Jalayrids
Ryazan
Songhai
Brittany
Delhi

I actually keep trying to get a Malaysian game going and manage to fail miserably within 20 years. I should try again x_x

Malacca's by far easiest to form malaysia with ;)

I'm still here! Don't worry about me leaving!
These nations are tough, I'll probably screw us all over :( In any case can we have Papal State as one of our candidates?

Malacca's by far easiest to form malaysia with ;)

Which is exactly the reason why it isn't on the list. :) I thought about adding the Funnyhats but with Sicily this region already seems pretty well covered, plus people seem to like sicily.

Hell, we have 7 players now, shall we start with that many players or hope for an 8th one to create a spin off? I'm terribly bad at kicking people out, so I'd suggest we start with the whole bunch. I put a randomized order in the first post.

Also I added this part to the rules list:
- When it's your turn to play the nation please post a confirmation so that the rest of us know you're on it.

I think it makes sense so that we avoid waiting for nothing.

I propose everybody who hasn't done that yet posts the nation list ranked in order of preference and we just let the average rank decide.

My prefs:
Sicily
Songhai
Majapahit
Delhi
Ryazan
Brittany
Jalayrids

Last edited:
That spin off thing sounds like a good idea :p

Does that mean you'd be playing or are you simply giving advice? :p

I'm not so sure about that, with attention divided between two similar AARs recruiting replacements might become harder and at least some people usually do drop out. So I think it might be smarter to start with 7 than to end prematurely. But who knows... maybe not? Other opinions?

Last edited:
Let's not create a spin-off. 7 people is fine.

My preference list:
Jalayrids
Delhi
Brittany
Majapahit
Ryazan
Sicily
Songhai

Is this full because i would like to join.I have plenty of time on my hands so i would be able to hand the save over the day after i get it maybe even on the same day unless of some unseen event.

Edit:While i have no preference in what nation we play when i play single player i prefer Eastern European nations (Poland,Lithuania,Sweden,Muscovy etc) or Western nations like Portugal and Castille i do not have any experience playing as indian or south east asian nations apart from Japan.

Last edited:
Is this full because i would like to join.I have plenty of time on my hands so i would be able to hand the save over the day after i get it maybe even on the same day unless of some unseen event.

Edit:While i have no preference in what nation we play when i play single player i prefer Eastern European nations (Poland,Lithuania,Sweden,Muscovy etc) or Western nations like Portugal and Castille i do not have any experience playing as indian or south east asian nations apart from Japan.

I meant that if a 8th person were just needed for a spinoff, I'd enjoy that chance :p

I'd also like to participate.

The nations I think would be the funniest o play in such a thing are Serbia or even The Byzantine Empire. Britanny is also nice.

Hey guys, unfortunately there comes the point where I have to say we are full and this seems to be it. On the bright side - hey, you're three players already... just copy whatever you want and open up your own thread - the more the merrier.

Jalayrids
Sicily
Songhai
Delhi
Ryazan
Brittany
Majapahit

By awarding 7 points for 1st place and 1 point for 7th place, our current rankings are as such:

Sicily - 27 points
Jalayrids - 24 points
Ryazan - 18 points
Brittany - 18 points
Majapahit - 17points
Songhai - 15 points
Delhi - 15 points

Sorry for being slow :)

My point was that I was fine with anything you chose ;)
But my list would be:

Songhai
Ryazan
Brittany
Jalayrids
Delhi
Sicily
Majapahit

Sicily - 29 points
Jalayrids - 28 points
Ryazan - 24 points

Brittany - 23 points
Songhai - 22 points
Majapahit - 18points
Delhi - 18 points

So basically Retrograde gets to choose between Sicily, Jalayrids and Ryazan or alternatively could confuse us by letting 4 nations end up with 30 points. But he wouldn't do anything mean like that, would he? Go retro, go!

I assume we're playing in vanilla? I've been playing Death and Taxes and haven't played vanilla DW in a while but I remember the Timurids being insanely dangerous and nearly impossible to fight. Of course, maybe that's half the fun.... slow us down at the outset and make the rest of the game more challenging.

I assume we're playing in vanilla? I've been playing Death and Taxes and haven't played vanilla DW in a while but I remember the Timurids being insanely dangerous and nearly impossible to fight. Of course, maybe that's half the fun.... slow us down at the outset and make the rest of the game more challenging.

Yeh, exactly. I'd even prefer Jalas over Sicily for that very reason... I played a 15 years test game with Sicily yesterday and quickly owned have the penninsula. Jalas on the other hand stay challenging for quite a while with these urine-poor provinces. Ryazan seems somewhere in the middle.

Yeh, exactly. I'd even prefer Jalas over Sicily for that very reason... I played a 15 years test game with Sicily yesterday and quickly owned have the penninsula. Jalas on the other hand stay challenging for quite a while with these urine-poor provinces. Ryazan seems somewhere in the middle.

Wait, but you listed Sicily as first and Jalayrids as last in your earlier post!