• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Once again, my king lives seemingly forever. Its 1586, still going strong, and I have to leave for work. The game has been quite stressful, but I should at least be able to post the save tomorrow-ish. I'll leave you all with this image for a preview.

eu372.jpg

Yeesh.

By the way, is anyone playing currently? I haven't seen a "got it" from damienreave and it's been a few days...

I've said it before - it's funny how we approach this game the *exact* opposite way yet still seem to be doing fine in it. :D

That said, I'm starting to be really happy that we chose Jalayirids. A very good nation/situation for a succession AAR by the looks of it.

I'm gonna do my next AAR super calm mellow measured etc, just to prove I can. :p Well ok maybe not.

Once again, my king lives seemingly forever. Its 1586, still going strong, and I have to leave for work. The game has been quite stressful, but I should at least be able to post the save tomorrow-ish. I'll leave you all with this image for a preview.

eu372.jpg

Yeesh.

If you want to make an omelette, you gotta break a few eggs. And for a good omelette, you gotta kill a pig too.

Eeh... I see we have European visitors. :p I guess that was bound to happen, hopefully they're manageable. At least we should be able to westernize.

Looks... interesting. Although I'm glad your monarch is still alive... a TSC would be quite inopportune right now :)

Pff, how hard can that war be, most of those countries gotta go round Africa to reach you :p

Aragon dropped off troops in Sinai (not sure if they got access through the Mams or what), Portugal did go around Africa and dropped them in Mecca. Meanwhile Venice and Austria both have a direct land connection to me in the Caucasus region. So... yeah.

I'm STILL playing. I really want my guy to die at this point, I feel bad for soaking up so many years.

Is shah really a name? I figured it was some kind of title as it's the persian word for king.

Yeah I thought that too at first. But then on wikipedia page on the Jalayrids, there's mention of him and he's always referred to as Shah Walad; both in the list of rulers and the family tree. I figure maybe they just sometimes called their children "Shah" or something... let's therefore stick to the name EU3 gave us :).

I'll do a full write up later, but a few highlights.

I westernized without a problem. Then the AI did that HUGE dogpile against me. Surviving it without significant territorial loss was an enormous challenge. Austria's 8 land tech advantage plus having tech 18 units versus my Muslim units meant that all I could do was scorch earth and run. We did end up losing a bit of territory, but considering the odds I was against, I feel I got off light.

I went through a huge number of heirs. I'll count during the write up, but I'd guess at least 6 or 7. I kept killing them off with the House of Peace event due. Right before the end, I /finally/ got an heir with a decent admin stat. He's three years old when I died, so Cede_Shadow is in for a 12 year regency.

I built Counting Houses in all our high production provinces (basically everything but grain, salt and fish) and built a Textile Manufactory. Economy is doing pretty good.

I dismantled the Mamluks and took Alexandria, Beruit and Aleppo. I was in a huge war with Vijyananagar and the Mamluks when the TSC hit, but its not an unwinnable position. Have fun!

http://www.filesonic.com/file/4240762194/SG_Jalayirids1608_06_27.rar

I'm free now to take a turn again- wherever in the turn order you want me to go.

Well, if you were to take over from damienreave directly (i. e. now) it would rock, since I'll have to finish my master thesis for the next few days and my eyes will be starting to bleed if I'm spending even more time in front of the computer now.

Eep. Twelve year regency council.

Alright, I got it. Starting it now.

That just means you can take as long as you want with the war with Vijayanagar.

Make sure to modernize the military first. Its more important than the government, although obviously get both if you can.

Great to hear about the westernization and the good heir, and looking forward to the full write-up.

Go Cade Shadow!

all the important stuff!!!

Hey, did you know what these
that's right, you can hide stuff!
are good for :p I'll just pretend I never read anything of this. Lalala.

Yeah I thought that too at first. But then on wikipedia page on the Jalayrids, there's mention of him and he's always referred to as Shah Walad; both in the list of rulers and the family tree. I figure maybe they just sometimes called their children "Shah" or something... let's therefore stick to the name EU3 gave us :).

Allright, I'll switch it out then. Cool name though, just plain "king". I wouldn't mind that for myself.

Eep. Twelve year regency council.

Alright, I got it. Starting it now.

Thanks for taking over!

Allright, I'll switch it out then. Cool name though, just plain "king". I wouldn't mind that for myself.

I just noticed that Hawkiee also referred to his ruler as Shah Walad in his AAR. This is strange, as the game called my monarch Shah Walad I Jalayrid, suggesting no earlier Shah Walads. Hm.

Nitpick: my reign lasted till 1552, not 1582.

I just noticed that Hawkiee also referred to his ruler as Shah Walad in his AAR. This is strange, as the game called my monarch Shah Walad I Jalayrid, suggesting no earlier Shah Walads. Hm.

Nitpick: my reign lasted till 1552, not 1582.

And when your first guy died, it said the new ruler was Shah Walad... hm... something strange's been going on here.

I'm up to 1627 and my have there been some rebels.

Also, was there a mass regicide around when your ruler died, Taylor? Every King in the area seems to be around my guy's age. Austria, Syria, Mamluks, Armenia. It's strange.

EDIT: 1644 now and I think I've had about a year without war. Gorram wars all the time. After every treaty I get a couple of days of peace, just enough to get the soldiers halfway home, and then: BAM 4 DOWs. Plus alliances. I've more fronts than I do armies (that is, if I want the armies to stay competitive). If I wasn't a good general before, experience has hardened my blade.

Last edited: