• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The tale of Rashid I Jalayirid 1708-1714 (Part 2/6)

eu331.png

The first thing besides the war that our new Sultan was worried with was our realms nobles, they wanted to pressure our Sultan to give in to their demands due to us being at war, as expected our leader did not oblige and the nobles spread vicious rumours and destabilized our realm as a result.

eu333v.png

We got a report from Europe saying the the tiny country of Hamburg had laid a claim to the Austrian throne.

eu334o.png

Our leader followed up our plan of getting Bohemia out of the war in order to free the northern front, we bribed them with a small indemnity of a mere 25 ducats.

eu335.png

eu336.png

eu338.png

eu337s.png

Since the Bohemians gave up the war, many countries followed and soon only Venice and Austria forced to continue the war, while Magdeburg soon peaced out.

eu339.png

Also we have reports indicating that the Austrians themselves are troubled with revolts.

eu340.png

Austria is forced to give a humiliating peace to the Swiss, losing Tirol and much cash.

eu342.png

Our dear Sultan is most skilled in the art of combat, and as such he favors Quality in his troops.

eu343.png

Without ever facing the French in battle, the war ends in a white peace.

eu344q.png

Our land technology gives us a stronger cavalry.

eu345.png

Our troops can nearly reach Vienna, and aren't far from the city now, however the war has taken it's toll and the country is yearning for peace.

eu347.png

Our Sultan realises that the war has reached the point where he can demand what he wants from the Austrians, and even though the armies are standing near the Austrian capital he demands that we make peace with them, in his own words, "There is no reason to continue the war, even if we reach Vienna we can't gain anything more, our people and theirs, have suffered enough. It's time to end this, this great victory for our country will be in the honor of the memory of the former Sultan, as it was he that made it all possible. We will continue his efforts, to make us even greater!"

eu348.png

These are the conditions of peace, in the three provinces they will keep in Turkey, we have planted rebels.

eu349.png

eu350.png

Overextension happens as a result of extremely quick rebels (Only took days for some reason, enlighten me anyone?)

eu353.png

Now that the war is over, we can introduce Rashids heir. Ahmad Jalayirid!

eu355.png

Also, Banten defects to us, a province in the middle of nowhere.

Last edited:
The tale of Rashid I Jalayirid 1714-1719 (Part 3/6)

eu31v.png
eu36m.png

After finishing the war with the Austrians we get some technological advansements.

eu32.png

As Northern Africa is Arabic culture, our Sultan decided that we should try to expand westward in order to take them in under our rule, starting with our neighbour.

eu33v.png

The war lasts a mere four months before they are annexed.

eu34e.png

We also incite rebels in western Turkey going for them to defect to us.

eu35k.png

We also work hard with our missionaries to convert the infidels to the true faith.

eu37j.png

Our army is the glory of our country, bringing us prestige.

eu38w.png

Our Sultan decides to create another buffer zone between us and Moscow, by vassalising Khiva.

eu39.png

The war lasts three months before they are force-vassalised.

eu310.png

In order to continue our advances in North Western Africa we declare war on Algier, with the goal of taking two provinces. We also reach yet another technological advancement with 39 production and 28 trade.

eu313u.png

Peace with the Algerians is made in December 1717 and leader Songhai is peaced out a few days later.

eu316.png

There seem to be patriots in the third British province in Turkey, but as it's greek culture we don't keep our hopes up.

eu317a.png

Smugglers are found, and stopped in early 1718.

eu318h.png

eu319.png

Our statesman dies, and is replaced by four star natural scientist.

eu320a.png

Our missionaries converts yet another province, along with another tech advance in land.

Last edited:
Wow, fantastic gains against Austria! Don't worry about the former sultan, he was speaking figuratively :).

We almost have all the territories of the Achaemenid Empire! Also, if we conquer a bit more of North Africa, I think we will equal the Umayyad Caliphate... oh no wait, we'd have to conquer Spain :p

Wow, fantastic gains against Austria! Don't worry about the former sultan, he was speaking figuratively :).

We almost have all the territories of the Achaemenid Empire! Also, if we conquer a bit more of North Africa, I think we will equal the Umayyad Caliphate... oh no wait, we'd have to conquer Spain :p

I'll see how far I get before my guy croaks :) I am nothing more than a warmongerer in this game after all :D

I shudder to think what the infamy (and potentially WE) will be when I, or whoever plays next, gets the turn. :p No seriously, great gains, and a nice trick with the rebels in Anatolia.

Did we get a border with Castille in North Africa? If so, I guess that area will need a heavy garrison.

Is Ak Koyunlu (that's what it is, right?) available for annexation? It's starting to look out of place now that we have the surrounding land. ;)

Hehe, I'll try to keep both reasonable, yes we did get a border with Castille in North Africa, as they also have a province in Turkey I'm going for a taking their North Africa holdings along with that province.

Yes, that's Ak Koyunlu or however you spell it, already tried twice failed both times. As for the heavy garrison I recruited 2*24 regiments to protect and take land in that area.
I'll have the fourth and possibly fifth part up in a little while.

The tale of Rashid I Jalayirid 1719-1723 (Part 4/6)

eu321e.png

We continue our plan to gain dominance in North Africa with Aquileia coming next as they have three provinces in the area.

eu322.png

Eventhough they call in allies it should still be a easy match.

eu323x.png

Land tech 40 is reached in May 1720.

eu325.png

Peace is made in December 1720, with us gaining the target provinces.

eu327.png

The next target on the list is Castille, they have been on the decline and have also been hurt in a war vs France so this should also be easy.

eu329.png

Also get a new mission to vassalize Etophia.

collab1.jpg

The Castilliean troops are just as fragile as the Austrian troops and as such we have no problems taking them out.

eu331.png

Yet another technological advance, this time in Naval reaching 29.

eu333.png

We wanted to ask Fez for military access in order to reach the remaining Castillian provinces.

eu334.png

As they deny us, eventhough it might be considered tyranical we declared war on them aswell.

eu335.png

While in the war a province converts.

eu336.png

The peace with Castille, total gain of five provinces as it would take forever to build the transports required to attack the mainland.

eu339g.png

The peace with Fez, a total annexation was demanded, four provinces gained.

collab2.jpg

We gain a core along with more technological advancements.

eu343h.png

eu345n.png

Two of the three British provinces defect to us. (Also kinda visible gains in Africa)​

Last edited:
Wow, great gains! Anatolia almost ours, North Africa falling too... the 18th century is turning out to be the Jalayirids' greatest hour!

Btw, I looked up where that Java province came from. It was colonised under Husain II (Cade Shadow) around 1650, then lost to Aquileia about 10 years later in a war with Austria, Alsace and Aquileia. See here. I believe we have to rectify the Aquileian injustice! :)

Well, we did just take three of their African provinces, but I guess kicking them out of Java would be a suitable punishment? ;)

Well, we did just take three of their African provinces, but I guess kicking them out of Java would be a suitable punishment? ;)

yes! Free our Arab brothers in Java and bring them back under Jalayirid rule!

I'll see if I can get it done, no promises though as I have to build up some cogs for that to work :p

Well, don't prioritise it... just when you have the chance... ;). You'll need to build some cogs anyway if you want to defeat Castille again.

The tale of Rashid I Jalayirid 1723-1725 (Part 5/6)

eu346.png

Our Sultan continued his reign of war with a declaration against Etiophia.

eu347.png
eu348.png

Peace was made a month after, Etiophia was vassalized and we lost 2 Infamity also we forced some terms on the Mamluks.

eu349z.png

Our new mission is to vassalize Khorasan, as the troops are already in place that should be another swift war.

eu350b.png

Algiers also joined Etiophia giving us the chance to force terms on them aswell.

eu351.png

Then in February 1724 the time has come to vassalize Khorasan.

eu353.png

Our military oriented Sultan makes yet another move towards quality and gains a one star commandant.

eu354.png

Peace is made with Khorasan in April 1724.

eu355.png

Next up, vassalization of Tunisia.

eu357y.png

In July 1724, Songhai the leader of the Etiophia war peaces out with us.

eu358.png

Soon after it is Tunisia's turn to become our vassal.

eu359.png

As usual, peace is made the next month.

eu360e.png

What?!

eu362.png

Algiers butts into the war with Tunisia as well, this is the result.

eu364.png

eu363.png

Great Britain has 209 ships, we have 72 with a naval forcelimit of around 100. Sorry, but this one I cancel as I have no idea if we had any rules against it.

eu365o.png

Five of our provinces core.

Last edited:
Well, don't prioritise it... just when you have the chance... ;). You'll need to build some cogs anyway if you want to defeat Castille again.

I'll do it if I get the time, focusing on finishing up North Africa and plan to take back cores before doing it, if I have time, infamity and troops to spare I'll probably do it. The remaining British province is a core and Rajaputana has the other.

I'll do it if I get the time, focusing on finishing up North Africa and plan to take back cores before doing it, if I have time, infamity and troops to spare I'll probably do it. The remaining British province is a core and Rajaputana has the other.

Do as you please, you're the Sultan :).

Btw no, I don't think we have any rules against mission-cancelling... I did it in the very first turn, too.

Wow, you guys are really making up for the lost time with these frequent updates! :D

Good bunch of missions to fix the infamy after the conquering spree. Loved the reason for the DoW on Fez, they can only blame themselves clearly! ;)

The rebellions seem to have worked well.

I am actually finished now, just finishing up the last update and waiting for the timer to end as there is a one hour limit between updates or so? Will add savegame at the bottom. I also had something pretty interesting happening during the last few years.

I am actually finished now, just finishing up the last update and waiting for the timer to end as there is a one hour limit between updates or so? Will add savegame at the bottom. I also had something pretty interesting happening during the last few years.

Great to hear! I might have time to play during the weekend then, I have some busy weeks coming up.

Yeah, for screenshot heavy updates like these it's one hour.

Mind posting the last part for me, or delete my post and repost if I end up being inside the limit? I have to go soon as I am waiting to be picked up and then I'm of for a 6+ hour ride depending on different things. So might take some time, anyways, here is the save.

EDIT: Nvm, I made it.

Last edited:
The tale of Rashid I Jalayirid 1725-1728 (Part 6/6)

eu367.png

We continue our "quest" to take Northern Africa, the next victim being Morrocco.

eu368.png

War was declared in January, peace is signed in March.

eu370.png

Apperantly our Sultan have great artists.

7172.jpg

Our army reformer dies and is replaced by a five star diplomat on the 12th of November 1725.

eu373h.png

Then on 8th of December 1725 this happens.

eu374r.png

It's also decided that it's time to pick of that single portuguese province.

eu375.png

In February 1726 we reach land tech 43 and new troops!

eu377.png

Peace is signed with Portugal six months after the war began.

eu378.png

In January 1727 we start the war for Trebizon against GB.

8081k.jpg

We also gain two levels of production tech.

eu382.png

Fez has reformed from the two Castillian provinces, war is declared immideatly.

eu384.png

War is won three months later with annexation as the result. War with GB is still on.

eu386t.png

Then on the 26th of June 1728, Rashid dies and Ahmad III Jalayirid takes the throne. Thus is this the end of his tale.

eu387.png

Current state of the Jalayirids, not shown the province in the Java region.

Some statistics:
Income: 631.1 (up from 451.6)
Army: 227 (up from 145)
Navy: 100 (up from 76)
Tech: 34/42/29/29/43 (up from 33/32/26/27/34)
Stab: +3 (up from +2)
No. of provinces gained: 34 (If I have counted correctly, gained trough defections, annexations etc.)

Infamity: 10.6
War Exhaustion: 2.19

Sorry that you will have to start with some Infamity, however war exhaustion is pretty low, due to my agressivity I never reached zero I think. Also there is a bunch of transports to the east of Alexandria. Here is the save.