• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(202023)

Lt. General
7 Badges
Apr 2, 2010
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Sengoku
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
Jalayrid Chronicles
(1399 - 1405) Ahmad I Jalayrid - Taylor
(1405 - 1436) Walad I Jalayrid - Hawkiee
(1405 - 1436) Walad I Jalayrid - Hawkiee (Part 2)
(1405 - 1436) Walad I Jalayrid - Hawkiee (Part 3)
(1405 - 1436) Walad I Jalayrid - Hawkiee (Part 4)
(1436 - 1444) Uwais II Jalayrid - Cade Shadow
(1445 - 1473) Hasan II Jalayrid - damienreave
(1473 - 1504) Uwais III Jalayrid - Kommando23
(1473 - 1504) Uwais III Jalayrid - Kommando23 (Part 2)
(1473 - 1504) Uwais III Jalayrid - Kommando23 (Part 3)
(1473 - 1504) Uwais III Jalayrid - Kommando23 (Part 4)
(1473 - 1504) Uwais III Jalayrid - Kommando23 (Part 5)
(1504 - 1518) Hasan III Jalayrid - Malurous
(1518 - 1552) Shah Walad I Jalayirid - Taylor
(1518 - 1552) Shah Walad I Jalayirid - Taylor (Part 2)
(1518 - 1552) Shah Walad I Jalayirid - Taylor (Part 3)
(1518 - 1552) Shah Walad I Jalayirid - Taylor (Part 4)
(1518 - 1552) Shah Walad I Jalayirid - Taylor (Part 5)
(1518 - 1552) Shah Walad I Jalayirid - Taylor (Part 6)
(1518 - 1552) Shah Walad I Jalayirid - Taylor (Part 7)
(1552 - 1574) Hasan IV Jalayirid - damienreave

Undocumented Period - known as the Great Turmoil

(1608- 1675) Husain II Jalayirid - Cade Shadow
(1608 - 1675) Husain II Jalayirid - Cade Shadow (Part 2)
(1608 - 1675) Husain II Jalayirid - Cade Shadow (Part 3)
(1608 - 1675) Husain II Jalayirid - Cade Shadow (Part 4)
(1608 - 1675) Husain II Jalayirid - Cade Shadow (Part 5)
(1678 - 1689) Husain II Jalayirid - Malurous
(1678 - 1689) Husain II Jalayirid - Malurous (Part 2)
(1689 - 1703) Ahmad II Jalayirid - Taylor
(1689 - 1703) Ahmad II Jalayirid - Taylor (Part 2)
(1689 - 1703) Ahmad II Jalayirid - Taylor (Part 3)
(1689 - 1703) Ahmad II Jalayirid - Taylor (Part 4)
(1703 - 1708) Regency Council - Hawkiee
(1708 - 1728) Rashid I Jalayirid - Hawkiee (Part 2)
(1708 - 1728) Rashid I Jalayirid - Hawkiee (Part 3)
(1708 - 1728) Rashid I Jalayirid - Hawkiee (Part 4)
(1708 - 1728) Rashid I Jalayirid - Hawkiee (Part 5)
(1708 - 1728) Rashid I Jalayirid - Hawkiee (Part 6)
(1728 - 1739) Ahmad III Jalayirid - Malurous
(1728 - 1739) Ahmad III Jalayirid - Malurous (Part 2)
(1739 - 1739) Uwais IV Jalayirid - Taylor
(1739 - 1739) Uwais IV Jalayirid - Taylor (Part 2)

Succession-AAR Rules and Guidelines:
- Game Settings: Hard difficulty, random lucky nations, low aggressiveness, everything else standard. Basically my usual settings, I wouldn't mind using other ones, but I think they are rather sensible.
- Country Choice: I have no preferences except that it should be challenging. Maybe a 1-3PM minor in Europe or something in Asia? I really don't care, only it shouldn't be too easy. Probably every participant should describe or post a list of their preferences and then we yell at each other until one prevails.
- We play with about 4 players taking turns whenever a king/pope, whatever dies. For republics I propose that we switch once a different ruler is elected. Regencies count as a part of the subsequent ruler's term.
- No cheats, no reloading. Of course we cannot control this but I think a major part of the fun derives from the possibility to fuck up.
- We all try to play the country in our very own distinct styles, i. e. no planning/coordination between players. After all, different rules have different personalities, eh?
- The currently active player posts the savegame within 4 days (even if it's unfinished) and the AAR within a week in the AAR thread. I'd suggest everybody sticks to his own style and can express themselves however they wish, as long as it makes sense in a remote way.
- If you don't/can't participate any longer, give us notice beforehand.
- We play until the end of the game. If the game gets too stale we might edit in something interesting, like a MP-succession civil war, but that's not a problem for now.
- When it's your turn to play the nation please post a confirmation so that the rest of us know you're on it.

Player List & Order:
1) Taylor
2) Hawkiee
3) Cade Shadow
4) damienreave
5) Malurous

Last edited:
I propose also having the rule: if you're not finished within half a week (4 days?), then just post the current state of your game. This is to speed things up and make ppl less stressed about finishing. Feel free to shoot down this idea of course :).

I'll think about my country preferences. I do not like OPMs in the HRE though (except maybe Italians).

Last edited:
If it's not full I'm in, always fun with a challenge :) And I especially like the four days rule. Been in with these kinds of things with other games, there has to be a time limit otherwise it's doomed.

But count me in as interested. ;)

For country preferences: how about (in no particular order of preference)...
- Jalayirids
- Najd
- Delhi
- Brittany
- Korea
- Riga

If it's not full I'm in, always fun with a challenge :) And I especially like the four days rule. Been in with these kinds of things with other games, there has to be a time limit otherwise it's doomed.

But count me in as interested. ;)

Put you into the player list, let's see if the others show up at all. And I also agree to the 4 days rule, added it to the rules.

Hmm, count me in if you have room still. I'll give the country selection some thought tomorrow.

I'll toss my hat into the ring if there's still room.

For preferences, I'd say something in Italy or the Arabian peninsula, since they're underplayed.

Put you into the player list, let's see if the others show up at all. And I also agree to the 4 days rule, added it to the rules.

Another thing I'd like to suggest is substitutes, you have a base of however many players you feel like. If one or more can't continue you bring in a substitute to take their place, also, if they don't finish their "term" you could also have a substitute finish it for them. Just food for thought.

I don't really have any preferences when it comes to countries, so if it's okay I'll simply wait and see what you guys comes up with then toss in a vote if that's okay ?

And yeah, I should be sleeping since I have an exam today, didn't manage to so ended up sitting up looking trough some of the lessons x)

This would be really cool to do! Count me in!
I think we should kinda stay away from Republics...it would get really inconvenient if we'd have to post new savefiles and whatnot after only 4/8 years have passed!

As for countries, I'm fine for anything except boring HRE OPM's.

This would be really cool to do! Count me in!
I think we should kinda stay away from Republics...it would get really inconvenient if we'd have to post new savefiles and whatnot after only 4/8 years have passed!

You can also keep your current ruler as long as possible. I actually think republics could be fun; you have more control over how long a period of time you want to play.

Btw do regencies count as a separate govt or are they merged with the reign of the ruler they're a regency for?

You can also keep your current ruler as long as possible. I actually think republics could be fun; you have more control over how long a period of time you want to play.

Btw do regencies count as a separate govt or are they merged with the reign of the ruler they're a regency for?

Yup, I agree - it's an interesting choice even, since you can stick to your ruler to play on even if he has lousy stats or switch the ruler for the greater good of the country.

Another thing I'd like to suggest is substitutes, you have a base of however many players you feel like. If one or more can't continue you bring in a substitute to take their place, also, if they don't finish their "term" you could also have a substitute finish it for them. Just food for thought.

Yup, a substitute list is a good idea. I guess we'll do a 4 player rotation (so that you get to play every two weeks which sounds sensible) and the rest goes on the substitute list (if they want to) on a first come first serve basis. I'll give Cade Shadow and two_lights time until tomorrow to confirm their participation.

Also if there are a lot of interested players we can always open up a second campaign.

Kind of have to be merged IMO, depending on the situation a regency can almost totally handcuff you so it wouldn't be a very pleasant turn to play. :)

Kind of have to be merged IMO, depending on the situation a regency can almost totally handcuff you so it wouldn't be a very pleasant turn to play. :)

Yeah, i was thinking that too.

Yeah, i was thinking that too.

Yup, yup. So regencies count towards the next ruler. Updated the rules.

I've also subjectively condensed the two lists posted so far in this thread and attempted to eliminate similar countries (and added Songhai for the out of Africa-option). I kicked nomads and tiny nomad neighbors out of the lists btw. since they can get seriously annoying. Anybody got a problem with that list or would just die to see a particular option there? Otherwise we might commence with the voting on thursday or so - and start off the campaign by Monday..

Proposed List:
Brittany
Sicily
Ryazan
Songhai
Jalayrids
Delhi
Majapahit

Last edited:
Yup, yup. So regencies count towards the next ruler. Updated the rules.

I've also subjectively condensed the two lists posted so far in this thread and attempted to eliminate similar countries (and added Songhai for the out of Africa-option). I kicked nomads and tiny nomad neighbors out of the lists btw. since they can get seriously annoying. Anybody got a problem with that list or would just die to see a particular option there? Otherwise we might commence with the voting on thursday or so - and start off the campaign by Monday..

Proposed List:
Sicily
Ryazan
Songhai
Jalayrids
Delhi
Majapahit

No Brittany? :(

Btw, Sicily is already being played by the other succession gamers over at teamliquid. (dunno if we care)

Last edited by a moderator:
Jalayirids sounds good. Sicily too.

Re: the player amount, serious dedication is needed if you want to get anywhere with a starting roster of four. Judging by past experience (see sig) about one third of the people who sign up never turn up and even more will disappear relatively early on. When all was said and done in that game the total number of players was somewhere in the teens I believe, and by the time the 19th century was approaching there were two of us begging for any passer-by to play in order to avoid finishing it with just two players. I guess what I'm trying to say is that we should keep in mind that while getting players in the beginning is easy, it's next to impossible when you're in the 18th century and the AAR thread has 30 pages.

No Brittany? :(

Btw, Sicily is already being played by the other succession gamers over at teamliquid. (dunno if we care)

Yeh, Brittany and Sicily were the vaguely same slot for me (Western minor) so I picked Sicily on a purely subjective basis. :) So let's switch the two.

Edited: Ack... now that guy likes Sicily... i'll just stick em both in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Remember that external links to other forums aren't allowed, as per the forum rules.

Let's stick to the rules or this might become awkward for me, okay? :laugh:

^ Sorry, I didn't know that.

About the issue of people disappearing: I think a dedicated small group of players can be better than 20 players, in which every individual can think he is not so important.