• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How much is your force limit now, with the new provinces gained? And how are your finances doing?

Also: wow, the Timurids are decimated! Great, now Sharizor (and more?) can be under rightful Jalayrid rule! But is that a Mamluk army I spy in that province? (last screen shot)

Nice! While the gained land is poor (especially now when production doesn't give much) we needed to expand big time for safety reasons, and that means going anywhere we can.

The Timurid army numbers are a bit ugly. :eek: Here's hoping the campaign for Sharizhor goes smoothly, adding a correct culture core is always real good for a country in our position.

I agree, that's the reason for that war, also I want to increase the force limit, and if possible secure most of the southern land in order to stop the Mamluks from getting it, I prefer to bottleneck them in the north if we ever have to face them. The Timurids have been smacked down again and again it seems, I saw a 18? stack of rebels I think, three spawns times 6 or something, so I think its game over for them.

How much is your force limit now, with the new provinces gained? And how are your finances doing?

Also: wow, the Timurids are decimated! Great, now Sharizor (and more?) can be under rightful Jalayrid rule! But is that a Mamluk army I spy in that province? (last screen shot)

The force limit was 8, but I believe it will rise if I'm not mistaken as the rebeling in those provinces cools down. After the -33% tax penalty we have 6.2 ducats a month of income while we have about 9,5 or so in expenses. Over a one year basis we lose about 5 ducats if I doesn't mint, that too will offcourse change as the gained provinces start to cool down. Also gaining that core would be great.

You are right, our armies haven't even passed the fronlines, it seems that the Mameluks and the Timurids have somewhat eradicated each other as The Mameluks have about 15.000 troops on the ledger. In other words I can probably declare war on Hadjaz, Yemen or Oman but they are all allied with each other, combinded they have around 30.000-40.000 troops + I bet the Mamluks have pretty high attrition numbers now, so I'm not going to take a chance like that.

First priority will be to move in once the Mamluks are done, they haven't sent any colonists from what I have noticed so I don't think they're going for a province, peace should be reached soon. Then I will make a move on the mission province.

As we gain 0.99 colonists a year it will take time to get provinces from them, I won't go for any more than 1 for each war, what I will hope for is rebels breaking free other countries making them avaliable for "insta-annex" with no treaties or troops. That is the main goal if it is possible.

But now I'm going to bed, going to continue tommorow. Gnight.

Hmm, you gain 200 population for each colonist you send. That means that with the colonists you have stored (5 I presume), you can take that one province in a short amount of time. Of course that would use up all your colonists BUT: if you then sign a peace, you have a 5 year truce period to gain those back, which should be (just about) possible with 0.99 gain each year.

Thats what I meant, I will take one province then use the 5 years of peace to stock up on colonists before we can take another province :)

Nice update. Looks like the Timmus won't be any more of a threat to us after all, so we can probably start scaring little children with tales of Mamlukan witches or something. Expansion is always very unrewarding in the Arabian Peninsula. Everything is guaranteed by the Mamlukes, Ottomans and Morocco and whatever you can gain will only cost you for another 50 years since everything is so poor. Ah well, at least we have strategic depth now and also succession crises, if I'm not mistaken?

...and also succession crises, if I'm not mistaken?

I think so. We have 10 cities now, which is the requirement.

Btw, I looked up the exact requirements for reforming the government:

paradoxian.org said:
Requires ruler with 7+ administrative skill, 70%+ legitimacy, Government 10, Centralization,Innovative less than 2, stability 2 and peace. Result is a Despotic Monarchy and a -5 stability hit. Must be in the latin, eastern, ottoman or muslim technology groups or have a neighbour country in one of these same four technology groups.

That's good, I think our innovativeness is already in the correct place (or do we need one more move to the left?)

I think so. We have 10 cities now, which is the requirement.

Btw, I looked up the exact requirements for reforming the government:

That's good, I think our innovativeness is already in the correct place (or do we need one more move to the left?)

I'm pretty sure we can get succesion crises now, sorry about that.

I will check up on our sliders tomorow, current date ingame is 1. July 1418. And I have done something that can both be interprented as both stupid and brilliant, not sure which yet. And I have both good and bad news on the Timurids front, I will go to bed now and will fix the update tommorow afternoon.

Taylor: Do you remember how old Shah Walad was when he was apointed regent ?

Taylor: Do you remember how old Shah Walad was when he was apointed regent ?

What do you mean? If you mean when he started ruling: I don't know for sure, but I think he was 16 when I started, so he must've been 21 or so when he started his rule. (You can check it yourself by just starting a new game in 1399 as Jalayrids.)

Or we could all get together for an uncoordinated MP coop session for the ultimate council effect.

That sounds fun(ny) but I think it will be impossible to get everyone to be there.

@Hawkiee - the stupid or brilliant thing sounds intriguing!

I'm currently piecing togheter the update, should be up in 5 min or so :)

Sorry, forgot that I had to crop and upload the pictures :$

Last edited:
The next day an archeologist rookie found a large wooden chest, from what he could read from the description on the side, it was named "The history of the "Jalayirids". He opened the chest, and found that it was full off documents, some unreadable, some with pieces missing and some in near perfect condition. He picked one up and read:

This document records the events during and after the 3rd Jalayirid war against the Timurids, witnessed and written down by our Malik’s most trusted advisor Yasir Sa'id.

My master went over the Timurid border with 12.000 men hoping to finish this war quickly, and already after about 200 days, Sharizhor fell to our forces. As that is his main goal of this war he ordered me to send a group of settlers right away, before our coffers dries up, he said something about once we get the province things will be better, he and the remaining troops would set up a "buffer zone" around the province if the Timurids was able to muster a force to try and take the province back.

1thefallogsharizhor.png

In June I received a report from one of our scouts saying that the Mamluks started to look insecure, as there were rebels appearing south in their country, at the same time they were at war with Tripoli, if my master wanted to go war against the southern tribes without their interference, this was probably the time.

2themamluks.png

I got a message from the countryside telling me that our colonist had succeeded with his mission. I knew that we needed more in order to take the province out of Timurid grasp, as such my master who had now returned home, wondering if a war vs. Mamluks would be disaster or not.

3colonists.png

In January 1414 the last colonist succeeded, now it was only a matter of waiting before the province would fall into our grasp. It did in the end of the month, and the people of Sharizor fell into Jalayirid hands, and they did so happily. It was a great day for my master.

4thelastcolonist.png

5missioncomplete.png

After saving the people of Sharizhor, our ruler felt that the province of Luristan also deserved to be protected within our grasp, that province will be our next target he said. But for now, let’s focus on the southern tribes. He also asked me to ship a diplomat with the peace resolution, where the Timurids would have to concede defeat, our glorious ruler had forced them into defeat, helped with a few rebels.

6conquestandpeace.png

In July 1414 our Liberals got upset over some nearly nonexistent manner, my master did agree with them though that we were a bit narrow-minded and as such he declared that we would try to be a little more innovative, a great decision by my master! He also desired to fire my new friend and army reformer as we weren't really able to pay his upkeep, and to be quite frank, I think we are better off without him thinking about our slow tech rates. Sorry buddy.

7liberalspissed.png

My master wanted to get rid of Najd, the only remaining state in our close proximity that wasn't affected by the Mameluks, he also hoped to draw in the remaining states in order to force forth vassalizations if possible. He knew that the war would be a hard one, but was confident that the Jalayirid forces would be able to force forth a victory. War was declared on the 1. September 1414, with the hopes of bringing a glorious tale home, hopefully...

8declarationofwar.png

My master tactics were simple, take key points and force a peace as soon as possible, in the beginning both sides lost forces, we lost about 3000 men to several smaller armies, my master wanted to take out Hedjaz and Najd first, then Yemen and at last Oman. The first stage of the war went smoothly except that Oman captured Liwa.

The war dragged out, and the first year was mainly based with armies eradicating other armies, with some sieges. Omans were mostly free to do what they want but only managed to take Liwa, good for us. My master did succeed with the siege of Najd in February 1416. They were swiftly annexed, he also reported that he had sent armies into Yemen and Hedjaz in order to take them swiftly as they had also had their troops eradicated. Mecca fell in March 1416, I also got reports from our spies that Oman troops had returned to the frontlines.

10stateofwar.png

Although we were in a state of war, Mosul converted in July 1416 to great joy from my master who was at the frontlines.

11converts.png

In December 1416 both the Hedjaz province Medina and the Yemen Capital fell. Another Yemen province fell in April 1417, we now controlled 2/6.

On our eastern border there was a pretty sight, rebels had forced Persia loose from the Timurids. A new prey had arrived.

12persoa.png

I got another letter from my master, this one filled with the glorious tale of the defeat of the Hedjaz, they had given up the war and agreed to become our vassal, praise our ruler!

13hedjazgivesup.png

The Persian rebel release was not without trouble as Qara Qyuonlyn was now our new neighbor, they declared war on us, as is to be expected. Aden fell in April 1418, my master was worried with the treat of the Qara, and as such he decided to offer them a "you won" deal for peace. 16.000 extra troops were at the moment too much for the equation to work.

14qara.png

I got another letter with good news in May 1418, with the surrender of Hadramut, Yemen agreed that they were beaten and agreed to become our vassals, with this our rulers armies would march home, replenish, then he would order them to march towards Oman, to take back our lands and vassalize them as well.

15yemen.png

Somehow, people respect us for being offensive, well that's good, and now I am all out of..

16ourarmysellan.png

Written around the edges of the document the scientists could make out that something seemed written, although when he read it there seemed to be a few words missing.

"Witness and by Sa'id our adversary, 1. July 1418"

For those specially interested I added a diplomatic map showing who we currently are at war with:

diplochart.png

Oh goodie. New vassals (good idea!), extra province w/ core, Timmies gone, weak and busy Persia next-door... things are looking good!

I do wonder what was going on with our narrator at the end... :)

Great stuff. Most of Arabia under control either directly or indirectly! As a bonus, if Oman is vassalized as well we aren't completely reliant on Haasa for military access.

Persia has some good lands that would look good in Jalayirid blue. :D

We might want to seriously consider releasing Najd as a vassal. There are advantages to keeping their territory, primarily the fact that we're working towards gaining cores, but it needs to be balanced against the danger of revolts from that many non core provinces during a succession crisis. A leader dying during a war with the Timmies would be potentially devastating.

Just something to consider. Looking forward to my turn :D

I'd like to encourage everybody to play with his very own style. And that's good as well, looks like you did some bold moves there that I'm not sure I'd have dared to undertake. Yet you succeeded and now we have a lot of vassals that will help with income/tech research and provide cheap, expendable bodies for our armies. :) And the royal bugger still hasn't died? Sheesh, what are you gonna accomplish in the next 10 years. :p

Oh goodie. New vassals (good idea!), extra province w/ core, Timmies gone, weak and busy Persia next-door... things are looking good!

I do wonder what was going on with our narrator at the end... :)

Vassals was more or less the only way I could "wringle" those countries to us without inwoking he rage of the Mameluks, Persia is as I said, a prey atleast for now ;)
He simply ran out of paper, papyrus or whatever he was writing on, was bored so made that kind of ending :p

Great stuff. Most of Arabia under control either directly or indirectly! As a bonus, if Oman is vassalized as well we aren't completely reliant on Haasa for military access.

Persia has some good lands that would look good in Jalayirid blue. :D

Oman is a clear vassalization target, however it will be kind of troublesome as the truce with Timurids is coming to an end and the province I want is taken by Persian rebels, might end up as a war against Persia instead.

We might want to seriously consider releasing Najd as a vassal. There are advantages to keeping their territory, primarily the fact that we're working towards gaining cores, but it needs to be balanced against the danger of revolts from that many non core provinces during a succession crisis. A leader dying during a war with the Timmies would be potentially devastating.

Just something to consider. Looking forward to my turn :D

Yes, I have been thinking about that myself. If I have the time to wage a war against Persia and annexing/taking some provinces from them I will most likely release Najd again as a sucession crisis would simply become a danger to what we have already built up. Would be pretty boring if it was all for nothing.

I'd like to encourage everybody to play with his very own style. And that's good as well, looks like you did some bold moves there that I'm not sure I'd have dared to undertake. Yet you succeeded and now we have a lot of vassals that will help with income/tech research and provide cheap, expendable bodies for our armies. :) And the royal bugger still hasn't died? Sheesh, what are you gonna accomplish in the next 10 years. :p

My style is an agressive, warring one so I'm doing my best here :) I was unsure, as I posted earlier I had done something brilliant or stupid, which was this war. No, Shah Walad is still running around hunting down armies, apperantly more capable of battle than his general stats should suggest. I hope I get to change soon as he lived past my expectations, a general that lives for about 8-10 years of war and many many battles is surprising enough for me. I only hope he lasts this last Timurid encounter, as we have one of their provinces as our mission.

Edit: I am unsure if I manage another update today, if not there will be one tommorow afternoon, and as I have the day free I will do my best to end my term.

I have been trying to get my "royal bugger" to die before posting the update, it's currentlu 1436 and he is still alive, will post the savegame when he dies then updates.

Thirty years on the throne for a ruler-general? Tough dude.

Thirty years on the throne for a ruler-general? Tough dude.

Indeed, I have experienced a 39 year on throne ruler-general before, but I did not expect this. However, he did die soon after. He died on the 9th of October 1436.
Unfortunately I do not realize it untill the 30th as I thought I had (x) the pause when ruler dies option on. Sorry for stealing 21 days.

Here is the save.