+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Liquor!!

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesMagicka
    Victoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Liquor!!

I'm still learning the ropes of Vicky 2, and as Japan around 1880 I can't train any new troops because there's no liquor!! I tried building a few distilleries, I can't really buy on the market, and it's crippling my military! Any help?

Quote Originally Posted by Retrograde View Post
    I'm still learning the ropes of Vicky 2, and as Japan around 1880 I can't train any new troops because there's no liquor!! I tried building a few distilleries, I can't really buy on the market, and it's crippling my military! Any help?
    Could you be more specific? Your factories do not produce enough liquor? In that case, you should research more tech that increase factory output or simply build more liquor factory.

Crusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

This is usually because of one of the following:
    1. Your prestige is very low, and you don't get priority in buying said goods.
    2. You are in the sphere of influence of Great Power, and they're taking it all.
    3. You haven't set the national stockpile to buy liquor - take it off Automate, put the slider up, and click Buy.

Prior to patch 1.4, even if you produced your own liquor, your population would snork up all of it before you could put it in your stockpile. I think it's fixed/better now.
    Cheers,
    Cromagnon

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    MagickaNaval War: Arctic CircleVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordRise of Prussia500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Yes make sure you have latest patch. If I remember it helps with PoP demand for liquor as well as making factories output of liquor get better. To me it seems to have gotten better, I have far less problems with this now than I used to, although as anything other than a GP it can still be tough.

Another way to boost distillery production would be using homegrown crops to make your drink, so you aren't affected by output or cost fluctuations on the world market.

+ Reply to Thread