• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Oh noes! :(

I vote for any one of the Irish states, so as to unite Ireland and colonize the Philippines.

Sad to hear that, but it's good that you're going to start a new one. You write very well.

I guess you're a much more careful colonizer then I am, I grabbed everything I could, as soon as I could, keeping the whole operation afloat through a trading empire. Something I wasn't expecting though was: with maxed range from a lv6 navigator and quest for the new world, you can get the Canary Islands as Norway! I was actually given a quest to discover them, giving me 5 colonists to grab both of those provinces. I've now expanded as far as I can with current cores and technology. Almost all those colonies are also cities now, I think I'm only supporting 4 at this point.

Here is actually my current map:
norwegianempire1436.png

Somehow I got out of the union from Denmark, but Sweden did not. I did get lucky awhile back with Denmark managing to get in a war against 18 other countries, including England, whom I had an alliance with. Sucks though that having infamy makes my trading empire collapse within a year...

BTW, that world is from the year 1436. I bee-lined naval and trade 7 with excellent shipwrights, then switched over to quest for the new world in 1420.