+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Enig og tro til Dovre faller: A Norway Death & Taxes AAR

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHeir to the Throne
    Rome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Oh noes!
    A Blessing and a Curse: EUIV Narrative AAR! In Progress
    Downfall: A Byzantine Narrative AAR. See the fall of the mightiest empire the world has ever seen. On Hold 3rd Place OVERALL EU3 (Highest Narrative) AARland Choice Awards Q3 2012!
    The Grey Eminence: A British Narrative/History AAR. Witness the rise of Great Britain to world power! COMPLETE! WINNER EU - Narrative for AARland Choice AwAARds 2012 Q1!
    The Eternal Exile: Nation Hopping AAR with a mix of narrative and game-play. On Hold. | WINNER EU - Narrative for AARland Choice AwAARds 2011 Q1!

Winner: AAR Showcase 29/11/2011 | Winner: Character Writer of the Week 19/1/2012 | Winner: Fan of the Week 20/9/2010 and 20/8/2012 | I was Character Writer of the Week 13/12/2010

Rome GoldWarlock: Master of the ArcanePride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight

thats a real pity, I was enjoying you reconstructing the Norse kingdoms of the Northern Atlantic ...
    Remember, whatever the question, the answer on 18 September is Yes ...

I suppose I could start looking at whom I might try for a fresh start.

Master Sergeant Shooter Person Rockingluke's Avatar
    200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the Throne
    LegioMagickaSengoku

The ottomans would be quite fun in death and taxes.
    Come join us in Werewolf! We don't bite, much!
    Wins: Survived to the end in Werewolf CXII: Refugees as a Cursed Villager
    Losses: Overwhelmed by wolves as a Plotter Villager in Werewolf-CXX-Shipwrecked
    Total Wins/Losses: 1/1

Habsburger with Cheese hitchens's Avatar
    EU3 Complete

Well done on awesome AAR. Well played.

I'll tell you what. I would like to carry on with the whole AAR train, so for those who enjoyed this one, I'll invite you to nominate/vote for whom I'll play my next one with.
    Last edited by Siralus; 03-01-2012 at 23:30.

Darkest HourVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k club

Blog Entries
    I vote for any one of the Irish states, so as to unite Ireland and colonize the Philippines.
    HoI2Geek/IEPH, The Greatest Man in the Universe

My Mods and AARs (currently active): IG(Mod), PNW II(Mod), RotE - tRB(AAR)

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" -George Santayana

"Ang hindi marunong lumingon sa pinanggalingan ay hindi makararating sa paroroonan."(One who does not learn to look back to where he came from, will never get to where he is going.) -Filipino proverb

200k clubHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Deus VultEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    LegioMagickaEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuSword of the Stars
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    CK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Sad to hear that, but it's good that you're going to start a new one. You write very well.
    Read my Cuzco MEIOU AAR Children of the Sun! (ongoing)
    AARland Choice AwAARd: EU Gameplay Q1 & Q2 2011, Weekly AAR Showcase 17-10-2010,

Follow Gentlemen in Germany - a Brunswick AAR! (ongoing)

Participating in 1001 Sultans - A Jalayirids Succession AAR (ongoing)

WritAAR of the Week 24-5-2011, Fan of the Week 3-12-2009 & 15-1-2012
    Speed - A Castille (mini-?)AAR (finished)
    Took part in the HT Succession Game (finished)

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

Very sad ending, this was a good AAR to read. Im looking forward to your next AAR!
    AAR's:
    Eendraght Maeckt Maght: A Brabant AAR with the D&T mod. Join Brabant in its journey to uniting the Netherlands and Europe under one banner!

Participating in:
    We, the People -- A USA Interactive FTM AAR as Senator John Linton from Florida for the Democratic Party.

I'd love to see a Persian/Sassanid Empire AAR, so that gets my vote.

Alright then, suggested so far: Ireland, Ottomans, Persia. Anyone want to add their voice before I pick one?

I guess you're a much more careful colonizer then I am, I grabbed everything I could, as soon as I could, keeping the whole operation afloat through a trading empire. Something I wasn't expecting though was: with maxed range from a lv6 navigator and quest for the new world, you can get the Canary Islands as Norway! I was actually given a quest to discover them, giving me 5 colonists to grab both of those provinces. I've now expanded as far as I can with current cores and technology. Almost all those colonies are also cities now, I think I'm only supporting 4 at this point.

Here is actually my current map:

Somehow I got out of the union from Denmark, but Sweden did not. I did get lucky awhile back with Denmark managing to get in a war against 18 other countries, including England, whom I had an alliance with. Sucks though that having infamy makes my trading empire collapse within a year...

BTW, that world is from the year 1436. I bee-lined naval and trade 7 with excellent shipwrights, then switched over to quest for the new world in 1420.

Right, I'm currently in progress on a No Trail Of Tears game, but when that's finished, I think I'll be trying an Ottomans game... Haven't actually played them before, but even in the 1356 start they look rather straightforward. I'll post a link here when I start in the next couple of days.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5