• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(404737)

Second Lieutenant
6 Badges
Nov 3, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Sengoku
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
Playing Japan in Victoria II (v1.4b) I experienced a Pie-Chart in the Budget-Screen for Aristocrats, which is totally yellow ("Lifeneeds partly fulfilled") more or less from the very beginning. Zero Tariffs doesn't help. But when I switch to the POP-Screen there are a lot of Aristocrats without problems: for most of them each Glass is full. I can't see, how the Glasses and the Pie-Chart are related.
Could someone explain that to me? Thank you in advance!

Hover over the glass and you will see what it missing. It looks full but it isn't. Almost certainly they can't get coffee or tobacco or both. The world is heavily undersupplied for those commodities in the latest beta and the UK will swallow the lot that gets onto the market. You have to get your own supplies, and avoid being sphered, or you won't get any.

Thank you! You are right: it's the tobacco.

I experience this yellow Pie-Chart-Problem since the 1.4b-Patch.

Hmmm, so this game suggests "people can never be really happy without a good cigarette"?

Maybe Paradox is just a proxy, a sock puppet, a satellite, a spherling, with the evil tobacco industry looming in the dark background?

That frightens me!

Hmmm, so this game suggests "people can never be really happy without a good cigarette"?

Maybe Paradox is just a proxy, a sock puppet, a satellite, a spherling, with the evil tobacco industry looming in the dark background?

That frightens me!

Surely you don't really believe that?
Maybe it's just a coincidence?
Only a very cynical person would suggest such a thing!
Krautkopf, this makes me sad.
Evidently you should apologise
!

I feel somebody is trying to lower my consciousness...
...must... resist...

But then, there is this blood-written message at my doorstep... and those men in black following me...aaaaaaargh!

Ok, I apologise!

(Anybody got a cigarette for me?)

That frightens me!

It gets worse. These are life needs, so the message they are sending is: not smoking = starvation :eek:

Surely you don't really believe that?
Maybe it's just a coincidence?
Only a very cynical person would suggest such a thing!
Krautkopf, this makes me sad.
Evidently you should apologise
!

images