+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Yellow-Pie-Mystery

The Yellow-Pie-Mystery

Playing Japan in Victoria II (v1.4b) I experienced a Pie-Chart in the Budget-Screen for Aristocrats, which is totally yellow ("Lifeneeds partly fulfilled") more or less from the very beginning. Zero Tariffs doesn't help. But when I switch to the POP-Screen there are a lot of Aristocrats without problems: for most of them each Glass is full. I can't see, how the Glasses and the Pie-Chart are related.
    Could someone explain that to me? Thank you in advance!

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteRome GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

Hover over the glass and you will see what it missing. It looks full but it isn't. Almost certainly they can't get coffee or tobacco or both. The world is heavily undersupplied for those commodities in the latest beta and the UK will swallow the lot that gets onto the market. You have to get your own supplies, and avoid being sphered, or you won't get any.

Thank you! You are right: it's the tobacco.

I experience this yellow Pie-Chart-Problem since the 1.4b-Patch.

Hmmm, so this game suggests "people can never be really happy without a good cigarette"?

Maybe Paradox is just a proxy, a sock puppet, a satellite, a spherling, with the evil tobacco industry looming in the dark background?

That frightens me!

Second Lieutenant Gibimus Maximus's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesRome GoldSengokuVictoria 2

[Hmmm, so this game suggests "people can never be really happy without a good cigarette"?
    As a smoker, I approve this message.

Reichsmarschall Paradox Dev Team Darkrenown's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLost Empire - Immortals
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator Extremes
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis

Quote Originally Posted by Krautkopf View Post
    Hmmm, so this game suggests "people can never be really happy without a good cigarette"?

Maybe Paradox is just a proxy, a sock puppet, a satellite, a spherling, with the evil tobacco industry looming in the dark background?

That frightens me!
    Surely you don't really believe that?
    Maybe it's just a coincidence?
    Only a very cynical person would suggest such a thing!
    Krautkopf, this makes me sad.
    Evidently you should apologise
    !
    Relentless madman.

I feel somebody is trying to lower my consciousness...
    ...must... resist...

But then, there is this blood-written message at my doorstep... and those men in black following me...aaaaaaargh!

Ok, I apologise!

(Anybody got a cigarette for me?)

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The Exiled

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrenown View Post
    Nahhh. Before tabacco it was the liquor. Itīs clearly an evil conspiracy against the public.
    1 Capitalist
    Nationality: Swedish
    Religion: Protestant
    Ideology: Liberal
    Issues: Secularism, Good healthcare
    Revolt Risk: 0 %
    Militancy: 0.05 (+0.00)
    Consciousness: 7.00 (-0.05)

Quote Originally Posted by NapoleonI View Post
    Nahhh. Before tabacco it was the liquor. Itīs clearly an evil conspiracy against the public.

But surely more Liquor and Tobacco can only be a good thing!? Also, consider the US attempt at Prohibition, which falls within this timeframe. Brought the country to near-anarchy.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

This thread makes me want to try snus...

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMajesty II CollectionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRise of Prussia
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Krautkopf View Post

That frightens me!
    It gets worse. These are life needs, so the message they are sending is: not smoking = starvation
    Imperium 1.4 (Mod for Victoria II)

Austria: efficient like the Germans, musical like the Italians and refined like the French.

Achtung PanzerCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

That is actually rather suggestive... Tobacco should be a luxury need.

Quote Originally Posted by wyattmcp View Post
    That is actually rather suggestive... Tobacco should be a luxury need.
    Not so. In today's context, yes, but during the Industrial revolution the common man could and did take his access to Alcohol and Tobacco for granted. Like I said, look at Prohibition.
    Last edited by Gibimus Maximus; 23-11-2011 at 03:12.

Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IILost Empire - Immortals
    MagickaNaval War: Arctic CircleSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    V2 AHD BetaHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrenown View Post
    Surely you don't really believe that?
    Only a very cynical person would suggest such a thing!
    Krautkopf, this makes me sad.
    Evidently you should apologise
    !
    Ignored: Nuril, videonfan, Pandi

+ Reply to Thread