• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Chapter Five: Shaking of the Dust

Chapter Five: Shaking of the Dust (1375-1380)

It's been some time since I played last on this save, some things came up and had a snowball effect, but now I am confident I'll be able to continue.

Well, enough of that, our current situation isn't to good, my ruler has a diplomatic skill of 3 along with the deceitful trait that gives +0,5 infamity a year I GAIN 0,20 infamity every year he is on the throne. In other words, time to hire a diplomat. The military side isn't to good either, I have a forcelimit of 26 regiments, but a manpower gain of only 364 men a month. With a little over 7500 men left to replenish that equals 2-3 years of peace, eventhough I want a war straight away to try to get rid of my stupid ruler.

Other than that things are looking bright, we have a mission to take the single province of Tajima from our northeastern neighbours, who's capital Izumo
is a core of ours. Also, Imagawa, Toki and Ashikaga have all weak heirs, meaning that I could potentially form PU's with them.

eu30.png

Toki's heir dies in early 1375, seeing as their Daimyo has ruled since 1742, it means he is atleast 48 years old. A royal manage quickly followed up with a Claim on Throne is sent.

eu32k.png

Just a few years later Daimyo Yoriyasu Toki dies without a heir, giving us a Personal Union with them. They are currently at war with a OPM that I'm sure they will annex.

eu33e.png

Yamana has been fighting a war with Akamatsu, their Daimyo died just a few months ago and the new doesn't have a heir, I wait for them to finish up the war with Akamatsu, where they take 2 provinces, bringing them up to a total of five.

eu34q.png

The Ouchian war for the Yamanan Throne starts in 1378. I also get a slider move, where I take one step innovated.

eu37.png

During the war some rebels decide to pop up.

eu310ls.png

In early 1380 the war ends, the result is a personal union with Yamana.

eu312.png

We have positive relations with both of our personal unions at the end of 1380, and with that I will end this update with the hope that my hopeless Daimyo dies soon. Shimazu claims the throne of Akamatsu, it is possible that I will look into the matter of yet another succesion war in the near future.

eu314.png

State of Ouchi, 1380.

Chapter Six: The end of Deceit

Chapter Six: The end of Deceit (1380-1386)

eu31co.png

There will most likely be a succesion war against Akamatsu, they own the two provinces that divides my two PU's from each other. A succesion war in order
to get in a position where I have a unbroken area of allies and PU's is therefore of importance, the only thing that is currently stopping that is the existance of Akamatsu.

eu32k.png

As we already have a royal marriage, the first thing I do is claim their throne. As they also have a new young Daimyo without a heir I have to move fast, war is declared next month. I do not believe there will be any resistance as the only threat they have is a 6 regiment stack of rebels sieging them.

eu34.png

eu36.png

War is declared the next month, as I expected the only thing they had was rebels which are quickly taken care of, all that is left is to siege their provinces.

eu37.png

eu38y.png

I also notice that Yamana is at war with a OPM east of them. Apperantly a war they started for no apperant reason.

eu313k.png

Akamatsu is finally defeated in late 1382, a union is the result.

eu39l.png

An event that gives me the choice between 10 cultural tradition or 5 Legitimacy and 5 Prestige pops up in October 1385, I choose the latter as we
already have 100 Cultural Tradition.

eu318.png

eu310.png

eu319b.png

Some more rebels pop up in the following years.

eu312y.png

Early 1386 we reach land tech 9.

eu317e.png

We also get an event that gives us a core on Tosa in June 1387.

eu320w.png

I get espeially happy in September 1386 as our old ruler dies and Teruhiro I takes over, we also have a new heir, Mochimori. None of the Personal Unions were inherited though.

A short, but quite eventful update nontheless, cya.

Great to see this back! The unification seems to be progressing smoothly.

Chapter Seven: Why?!

Chapter Seven: Why?! (1386-1389)

eu32s.png

eu33i.png

Teruhiro I Ouchi rose to the throne in 17. September 1386, he carries the traits "Just" and "Gruff Diplomat". Meaning that he is brilliant for burning infamity, as just gives a -0.30 infamity a year along with his diplomatic skills at 8, he burns 1.1 infamity a year.

eu31n.png

The heir, Mochimori, is 8 years old and is rated 8/3/6 meaning that besides the diplomatic skill, he is as good as Teruhiro.

eu34d.png

eu35b.png

My general dies, and we get some more rebels.

eu36y.png

Also if Date doesn't get a heir we will get a freebie PU with them.

eu37.png

Then in December 1389, a little over three years since he became Daimyo, Teruhiro dies. My epic ruler dies after 3 years and a couple of months, I ragequited and didn't touch EU for three days, I was tempted to reload but well, where is the fun in that? Besides, I did set up house rules before I begun...

Positive side is that I inherited all the teritory, negative sides: Teruhiro dead, regency, pissed me off, etc.​

That's got to be annoying but hey at least you got the land and it's a long game and the Regency will only be what five or six years.

Yeah of course it's annoying but that stuff tends to happen somehow. Look on the bright side, at least this early death didn't screw up westernization or something like that. :)

Also the inheritances are pretty nice, you're looking big on the map.

Chapter 8: Peace and Quiet (1389-1393)

eu31x.png

The first thing the Council did was to take a look at the newly aquired lands and mostly at the military, with the new forcelimits and difficulties
that could come with controling it, it was decided that they would expand the military with 8 regiments.

eu32.png

There was also a new mission. Conquer Musashi.

eu33w.png

With our new inheritances we learnt to appreaciate the Kansai culture, it is now a part of our proud heritage.

eu34o.png

eu35.png

Checking the ledger, we notice that we are only 50 ducats behind Ming, and around 300 ducats behind the leader which is Pegu with 935. We also earn twice as much as the second Japanese Daimyo on the list. Also checking the ledger for the Uesugi army as our mission involves war with them in the near future.

eu37w.png

eu38.png

In January 1392 our armies goes trough a reform which brings improved troops to our country, we are preparing everything so that the new Daimyo will be able to carry out our mission when he reaches the throne. As you can see the they are an good improvement.

eu39.png

As usual some rebels apear here and there, they are no problem though and are easily defeated.

eu311x.png
eu312x.jpg

Our new Daimyo, Mochimori takes the throne on the 22nd September 1393. We also have a new heir in Noriyuki.

eu313.png
eu314.png

Mochimori is a brilliant strategist but he also seems to be a little selfish. May the rule of our new Daimyo be glorious indeed!​

Yes, the real challenge is to reach America before the europeans, but in order to do so I must first form Japan. Hopefully there will be some infighting between the europeans that slows them down enough that I can use that to my advantage.