• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Chapter Five - Hit Somebody!

There has been no land combat involving Canada in more than three years of playing, and some in the crowd can be heard shouting "Hit Somebody!" What else can a farmboy from Canada do?

Germany had DoWed and conquered Denmark in a cartological mixup - which nobody wanted to tell Hitler about, they've been on YouTube - as a response to the mobilization of The Netherlands. Finally sorting out their maps, Germany declared war on the Dutch on April 19, 1940 (another limited war), but for some reason Nazi forces then entered Holland.

Progress, of course, is swift, what with Germany having declared Blitkrieg and all. In fact, apparently the effects are so great that the Germans invade using Garrison troops, as we can see in the right-hand shot in Amsterdam.

Not too much movement in three days, but looking at this confused mess, for the moment I am convinced that I made the right decision to stay out of the Battle of France. We build our eighth transport ship, and can carry 320 weight, quite a considerable force. On May 8, convinced that all their other wars are going well, the Germans add Norway to the menu, another Limited war. The map of Holland looks remarkably similar to the last one nearly a month ago. The Garrison troops are still inching their way forward. Here's the problem:

Canada is legally permitted fight against any country on earth, so long as it's Germany. I take my three deadly DD flotillas away from raiding in the eastern mid-Atlantic and send them on patrol and intercept any German invasion forces which might try for Norway. I don't see the Germans walking there. At the end of May we make our first advance in Artillery Barrel and Ammo. Arguably we're wasting effort on ART research when it's so easy to license the stuff, but time will tell.

Meanwhile, Holland is dead (though no capitulation yet) and Belgium is coughing up blood.

On the third of June, 1940, tired of waiting for a chance to fight someone else, we load up two-thirds of our army and send them to the pas de Calais. The USSR, fearing the Canadian horde, annexes the Baltic States while it still has the chance. They need not have feared!

Our troops had only reached the banks of Newfoundland, and are sent off on another mission. The Italians decide "It's Our Time". They could not be more correct.

We drop the troops temporarily in Malta, for ease of access to Sicily. Mostly because I'm hoping Malta can handle supply for a little while while we see what's up. Spotting only a single Garrison division in Siracusa, a port, we decide on the direct approach, codename: Dieppe!

Why? Well, because I have very low regard for Garrison troops for one. Granted, this is based on my Italy experience where my Gs were bulldozed by the Soviets. Not really a fair proving ground. Also, since then I have seen what Rensslaer has done with them, so I should have know better. Finally, because I'm not that good, notice that my transports are all alone.

All you really have to check is the top combat bar, which being mostly green is bad. Oops. Plus, our navy is under attack!

You call that a Navy? Come on, where's the Brits when you need them. Or the French for that matter. Note to self, when sending naked transports, just drop guys off, don't amphibiously land non-marines into a battle. Needless to say I grabbed my guys and put them back on the transports and gave the traditional order: "Run away!"

I don't seem to have a screenshot of the aftermath of the navy battle, but I'm pretty sure I started off with more boats than that. Fortunately, I brought another division which was not involved in the invasion. So, having demonstrated the wrong way for the benefit of you, dear reader, I'll now do this the less wrong way.

The reason I did this, pretty much all of this, is just my playstyle. I just cannot bring myself to take the time needed to maximize my military power and effectiveness. It's like playing chess and always being set at a 5-minute game pace. That and having played only two (unfinished) games of HoI3 in 2011 results in sloppy play and some foolish errors. Meh. I'll get better! I'm hoping the warts-and-all AAR style will pay off, despite the witch-like quantity of warts. Still, I promised you land combat, and delivered land combat! We hit somebody!

My bold move has drawn the Italian fleet into an engagement which they probably regret almost as much as I do. My ships appear to be at the top of the firing list. Hey, didn't I used to have more ships than that?

What would I do differently, you ask, having thrown away six of my eight transports? Well, screening my transports would have been a good idea. I kept the DDs and transports separate largely from bad experiences in HoI2, I think, where I remember America not having the ability to reach Europe by sea. In any event, defending Norway was all well and good, but having my expensive boats back would be better. I'm lucky I still have the two. I'd probably also spread the transports over two or three fleets. I still feel safe sailing the Atlantic alone, it's not an Allied pond, but it's a big place and I can't see too many losses coming from using it. Also, I'd remember that my troops come with 30 days of supplies on hand. So land them at Gela, as the Allies did historically, then advance overland against the garrison. I do need a port. I do not need a port on day one.

My wedding anniversary has been made into a widely-commemorated Day of Battle. Canada has invaded Europe. I call that win-win.

What would I do differently, you ask, having thrown away six of my eight transports?

Time to head for the penalty box!

Are you planning to send Mountain troops to help hold Sicily?

Are you planning to send Mountain troops to help hold Sicily?

What was it Churchill said about the USA? You can count on me to do the right thing, after exhausting all the other possibilities.

What was it Churchill said about the USA? You can count on me to do the right thing, after exhausting all the other possibilities.

"Americans can always be counted on to do the right thing...after they have exhausted all the other possibilities."

"Americans can always be counted on to do the right thing...after they have exhausted all the other possibilities."

That's the one!

Scily is a excellent choice to invade, i did that and Sardinia

Wise choice, let's see how Sicily goes.

Update tomorrow!

Chapter Six - The Devil in the Wishing Well

Five for Fighting

When last we saw them, our brave Canadian Navy transports had lured the Italian fleet into action, where they were met by our British protectors. Sure, they were too late to save six of the eight Canadian transports, which had sallied forth au naturale to drive the Italians into a hot-blooded frenzy.

Eww. Sorry.

When last we saw them, our brave Canadian Navy transports were being decimated, if by decimated you mean 75% dead and not just 10%. However, propaganda being what it is, we declared victory.

The press bought it!

Fortunately, the public didn't notice that the date of the victory was in the far future. Hopefully by then we'll have enough transports to do it all again. We have no real dissent, so ruling party boost was what I took. Ah, the battle finally ended, and we're told we lost three tranports and two survived. The other three we threw away pointlessly the first time.

The purpose of this whole operation is to establish a base on Sicily, and for that we need a port. So the Canadians are sent to trundle the Garrison out of Siracusa.

June 13, my anniversary, is now by far the busiest day of the war for Canada, a date which will be commemorated through the ages. In honor of the sacrifice the Canadian Navy had made to make this day possible, I immediately put the two badly damaged transport back to work to go get the rest of the army.

For some reason, my message settings (which have all options highlighted for ending land combat) did not give me a report for the victory in Siracusa on the 14th or 15th. This continues for a while, sorry, and I get the end-of-action report only for manual retreats. Still, we've taken the port we needed. By the 18th the entire army has been shifted to Sicily, and the supply situation seems to be fine, at first.

However, I've learned this much from my recent games, that capturing enemy supplies gives you a burst of resources which quickly runs dry. So the number to remember here is in Siracusa, which can ship in 0.42 fuel and supplies every day. I grabbed the wrong port! My supplies will be 100% for about ten days. While some of the daily requirement listed here might be to build the stockpile up (rather than used up each day), but I don't have a long time here to make something of my beachhead. Siracusa will repair, but a level one port won't keep all my troops online.

On the theory that I should strike while the iron is hot, I tried to cut off the retreat of every kraut on this island, or in this case every Italian on the island.

Unfortunately, something I didn't notice until writing this Chapter, Caltagirone is my supply dump. I have no idea why, but it means that the province I chose to attack from is the province that all troops are trying to draw supplies from. It's stupid, I think, to have this be my supply dump. Siracusa is the port and has more supplies. Gela has fewer supplies, but it has eight days worth. Still, all that matters is that the province I'm attacking from quickly runs dry and so my troops are out of supply. The attack falters in just a few hours. We call it off (later than I'd have thought), but our losses are only 95 to the enemy's 79. Not a victory, but I have a manpower advantage, it should give me victory in the end. The men say, "we need a bigger port; we're gonna get a bigger port, right?" So I attack Catania, which I probably should have done from the beginning.

During this fight I lost my first Halifax-Siracusa transport. Italy's navy is not only a danger to my troop transports, but it is in a position to knock off a distressing number of convoy ships now that a vital Canadian lifeline passes through the Mediteranean. I win the Catania battle, I assume pretty convincingly, and will soon have a second Canadian port on the island. This screenshot shows the supply situation, though apparently I neglected to get a screenshot of Siracusa.

Note that Caltagirone is still considered a supply source, even though Siracusa has a port and supplies and Caltagirone has neither. Agrigento is in blue because it has an excess of supplies, but only because the only occupants are moving on. The new port can repair six ships, which probably makes it size one, but two size one ports is twice as good as one.

Meanwhile the battle of France moves slowaly toward its inevitable denoument. I've tried to ease comparing these two views, ten days apart, by marking two airfields and one area on both maps.

France is not collapsing, but Germany is pushing and there is nothing like the strength to hold her back. When we fight Germans we'll get an estimate of how much difference three Corps of Canadians might have made. For now, I like being sure of making some contribution. Well, fairly sure, we're not secure in Sicily yet. When we take Catania, I realize that it is in fact a level two port, one level damaged, so we have three levels of ports now. As I race for Trapani, the Italian's abandon Palermo. While this next shot is a bit confused, it shows that approximately 57,000 Canadian troops have a firm foothold in Europe.

I foolishly took another shot at Cefalu, hoping to destroy the Garrison apparently fleeing the island. This was foolish, there will always be more Italians nearby. I break it off quickly. Back in Canada I'm loading up troops into my transports. The men can be heard asking "seriously, this is what we're sailing in, what happened to the new transports we sent off a month ago?" Whiners. Real men are engaging the enemy on the high seas.

World War One Destroyers FTL. No ships were sunk, our DD at 56% was sent off for repairs. Between the second of July and the third of July two important things happen on Sicily. The first is that we capture all of the island except Messina. The other is that we notice the presence of an unwelcome guest.

Last edited:
Wow! Very quick response by Germany; I don't think I've ever seen them actually try to stop Sicily from falling.

Good work! Too bad you don't have the naval power to block the straits.

Wow! Very quick response by Germany; I don't think I've ever seen them actually try to stop Sicily from falling.

It was an unpleasant surprise to see them there. It won't be the last!

Good work! Too bad you don't have the naval power to block the straits.

That sounds like a challenge. I accept!

If he has enough divisions to rotate like 3 INF divs on Messina, he can hold since they suffer mass causalities.

I'm not sure exactly how much the Axis have in the area, but I think it's substantial. If they don't have Sicily my guess is they don't reinforce north Africa. Ergo I get to face what ought to have gone there.

Next update tomorrow. I have a few chapters pre-written. I think I can keep a pretty regular every other day schedule.

Well, i managed to hold Scilly with like 4 INF divisions, but i did had some minor UK help(sometimes ships would help) but did had to scarfice a couple of ships.
So good luck and try to capture sardinia to, if you have the divisions to do so.

We'll be waiting for more surprises!

If you mean mistakes, coming right up!

Well, i managed to hold Scilly with like 4 INF divisions, but i did had some minor UK help(sometimes ships would help) but did had to scarfice a couple of ships.
So good luck and try to capture sardinia to, if you have the divisions to do so.

Sardinia probably would have been a better first target, fewer defenders, more resources. My defenders in Sicily vary, but usually more than four divisions. Hope that works.

Chapter Seven - Messina!

We ended last time finding a Devil in the Wishing Well. Today we notice that Messina is in the corner of Sicily.

We check our supply situation, and it's tolerable at the moment, but far from the all-green we expect once we've owned the ports for a few days. The Germans, of course, attack immediately.

I do not have any fresh troops in Catania, and I do have men headed to Cefalu, but they will not arrive any time soon. So I take a Division which is in reasonable shape, and try to break the attack on Cefalu with a counter attack from Catania.

The bonus is that the Germans get at Italian commander. No idea on the stats on these guys, but I'm guessing Italian is better for me than German. I've played Italy, there were very few guys to write home about. We won Cefalu, taking more losses than the Germans but both were around 50, so inconsequential. We then threw our Cefalu division into the counter-attack. This was a mistake, as you can see below. The Catania troops were not fresh when they rescued their bretheren, and they're exhausted now. Unfortunately, I'll learn on Sicily a good deal about units being in reserve when I needed them in the front line. Here, Cefalu's Division uses up its attack capabilities for a good week, and accomplishes nothing. They couldn't have accomplished anything.

We lost 350 men and killed 215. Hey, at least the end of battle messages are back (though maybe I cut this battle off, I always got messages when I stopped combat). It didn't take long for the supply situation on Sicily to top out - every province I need supplies in has ample supplies. Also, note the presence of the British aircraft carrier in the Straits of Messina. Mighty handy in a pinch, those British CVs.

The Germans, however, now try to bounce us out of Catania, which is mountainous, by the way. By rights this out to be pretty easy, and I consider it an important test of Canadian readiness and skill versus the Germans. It's 10,000 attacking 15,000, and I'm in good defensive terrain.

Then I remember that half my troops are the exhausted men who saved the day in Cefalu. Writing this, I also remember that the Germans just attacked Cefalu, do they have two divisions or a very rapid attack capability? I rememember hearing them declare Blitzkrieg, maybe that reduced time between offensives by a day or two?

A fresh division, of two brigades and artillery, reaches Cefalu and attacks Messina to try to save Catania, and we discover that there is one Italian Garrison and two German divisions. This is getting more difficult. After sixteen hours the attack on Messina is abandoned, without breaking the German attack. We lost 300 men and killed 125. In some fear of losing Sicily, I order more troops from Canada. Granted, we won't lose the island soon, but at the rate we're going, it is by no means a sure thing that we'll keep what we have taken. We might need to bug out to Malta if things go very wrong, and I do not want to have an AAR consisting of me getting wiped out and restarting. Though I'm sure some of you would enjoy that quite a lot :D On the 14th of July we win the Battle of Catania. On the left is the situation mid-day on the 13th, on the right, inset, is the battle result 23 hours later.

As that battle ends, the situation in Sicily is looking as though it's good now, but could become worse very soon.

The Germans attack again from Messina into Catania. The two enemy Divisions are on opposite cycles, so they can alternate attacks. I have nobody in Cefalu who can counter, but I do have another Division on the way into Catania, as we can see from these two battle shots.

What you can see comparing these two status screens, the later one is on the right, are a few important facts. My fresh division arrives by the second screen shot. It is not in the line of battle yet, and it may never be. Canadian organization is rapidly vanishing on the front line, while the Germans look to be fresh as daisies. They have three brigades with near 100% org, we have two with near 0% org. Fighting in mountains doesn't appear to matter all that much if other factors work against the defender. By the 18th, with my new Division still not yet in the line of battle, they vacate Catania when a general withdrawal is ordered. The Germans have doubled the number of provinces they hold in Sicily, and it's not likely that they're done, since this gives them two ports as well. On the other hand, the cavalry is on the way!

Almost visible in this screenshot is the fact that France has taken the northern tip of Sardinia. Nowhere near visible is the fact that Norway hasn't seen any action that I am aware of. Too bad the battle in France itself isn't going better, as we'll see soon enough. Sorry! Spoiler alert! France is losing WW2 to Germany.

Here is the situation in Sicily after we were ejected from Catania. We have one half-exhausted division and one fresh division in Cefalu. We have one exhausted division and one fresh two-brigade division in Caltagirone. We have an exhausted division, a half exhausted division and an HQ in Siracusa. I could use fresh troops. Last I saw the only thing stopping the Germans from waltzing through my units was their inability to launch a fresh attack immediately after a successful attack. Fresh troops arrive on the 18th. The supply situation certainly allows Canada to go on the offensive.

On the 19th of July, concerned about how we have been fairing against the Germans, we license two squadrons of close air support aircraft (Hurricanes) from the UK, serial build. We pay $450, which I guess means that the Brits are hard pressed, I'd certainly hope for a better price, but again I wanted Very Likely. Costing 13.9 IC until April of 1941, these Hurricanes go to the top of the queue. On the 21st we get a Mechanical Computing advance which adds another 2% to our research efficiency. There is a major naval battle in the Straits of Messina, but the British merely drive off an Italian squadron, sinking nothing. On the 23rd we launch a probing attack on Catania from Siracusa. it lasts only a few hours and reveals that the Germans are snugly situated in their mountain retreat. So we launch an attack on Messina instead from Cefalu.

The attack announcment did not look particularly good, 6000 troops attacking 15,000. However, the battle detail looks promising, 6000 are Italian garrison troops, and 9000 are German infantry still badly beaten up from prior combat. On the theory that you should reinforce success, we add a fresh three-brigade division (also in Cefalu) to the attack. Things are looking good in Messina!

Last edited:
Chapter Eight - Once on this Island

Once on this Island (hey, how often can you link your kids' musicals in an HoI3 AAR?)

We left off with the Germans holding two provinces in northeast Sicily, Canada holding the rest. Obviously there are more Axis troops in Italy, and our ability to operate in the Mediterranean is hampered by Canada's lack of control over the Allied Navy. Either Britain or France could defeat Italy at sea, certainly Britain with her aircraft carriers and numerous other capital ships. Canada has direct control over only a few destroyers and two remaining transports.

Therefore, Canada has launched an attack to retake Messina after a direct assault on Catania proved that the Germans were well positioned in the mountains.

But first, a word from our navy.

Granted, with six capital ships and six of the ten screens, France contributes far more to the battle than Canada, but our four DDs are not entirely irrelevant here. I mean <clears throat> Canada sank the enemy ships despite the irrelevant meddling of the French! Oddly, we managed to lose the battle of Messina twice, presumably because we attacked with one division then added another, but as they were from the same province I don't see how it's two battles. Meh.

The important fact is that we were defeated. Taking the only bridge between Italy proper and Sicily would have rendered the Germans in Catania highly vulnerable, even though they do have a port from which to gather supplies. Instead, we're without much in the way of attack forces to hit Messina, and Catania looks to be fairly secure for now, except for one thing. Canada's six-brigade Mountain Corps is in the Mediterranean and will arrive in Siracusa shortly. Perhaps it's Catania that we should be taking, after all. Canada's four destroyer flotillas confront and (I believe - no screenie, sorry) sink a lone Italian transport. Fools! We already proved that unescorted transports are vulnerable! On the other hand, we lost two more Convoys on the Halifax-Palermo route. Sicily will keep bleeding us even if we secure it, so long as Italy can roam the Mediterranean.

On the 30th of July the Italian Messina garrison sallies forth to attack Cefalu. They've heard us dissing "G"s and wanted to prove themselves, I suppose. Give them credit, 7,000 men attacking 21,000 takes some guts. They kill 13 and lose 160. Then we get a message which is a harbinger of woe: they brought a cave troll!

Italy has air power close at hand, and attacks our destroyers, who were in enough danger from the far more potent Italian navy already. I notice that despite the lack of damage this time my ships were in some distress from prior battles, so two are sent off to Palermo for repairs.

I decide to try for Catania, but I reserve my mountain troops for the moment. My reasoning is that it might take two attacks to dislodge the Germans, so I'll wear out my regular infantry and beat up on the single, three-brigade, German division, then send in fresh mountain troops FTW.

The attack appears to be going fairly well. Since I had troops available, I was able to send men in from three contiguous provinces. My troops in Siracusa aren't fresh, but I went in expecting this to be the first of two attacks. We'll see. The attack jumped about 10% in reported progress, so I threw in one of my three mountain divisions, and an hour later the Germans retreat.

Their losses are only 50% more than ours, disappointing given the overwhelming numbers and three-pronged attack, but what we really want is uncontested ownership of Sicily. We lose four more Convoys over the next five days, a reminder that even achieving our goal won't be enough. Having bounced the Germans from Catania, we re-launch our attack on Messina.

I wish I could say I noticed the movement and pounced, but the fact is that I did not see the Germans in Messina heading for Catania before I launched my attack. What's more, while I would have known this would cost them their entrenchment, in reality it means that they are not even taking part in the defense of Messina. My four brigades, two somewhat the worse for wear, encounter only two Italian Garrison brigades, led by Sergio Lorenzini, nicknamed "Achmed al Bagdahdi" from the looks of him. The Italians are alone. One German division is retreating to Messina from Catania and hasn't arrived yet. One is moving from Messina to take its place, and has already left.

When the first Canadians arrive in Catania, they find themselves under attack by the Germans moving from Messina. However, there are more Canadians on the way, and the German position is rapidly deteriorating. Here are two screenshots only six hours apart. The attack on Messina has nearly achieved victory, and the German assault on Catania is not looking good even against a single division.

At 2am on the 6th the Germans arrive in Messina and find themselves under a (separate) attack. They've just been defeated, so even though the attack is merely 13,000 against 10,000, the Germans are not in great shape. Only an hour later, we win the battle of Catania, while the "new" battle at Messina is at around 50%. By the evening of the 7th, Canada is victorious in Messina!

The only enemy left on the island are the Germans who left their safe position in Messina to arrive too late to help in Catania, and will now be too late to do anything in Messina. More importantly, the defeat of both the 6000 Italians and 10,000 Germans, left with no place to retreat given our navy in the straits, means we have killed or captured 16,000 of the 25,000 or so enemy on Sicily, and I like our chances on the remainder. The only cloud on our silver lining is the Italian armor visible in Italy, and the fact that we're going to face the Italian ships now in port in reggio de Clabria before too long. Can we keep the straits blockaded? Not alone, not if the Italians come out with a real will to fight. I have three destroyer flotillas in the Straits of Messina, that's it.

Speaking of fighting, on the 8th, France conquered Ethiopia. My next update will include a look at France.

On the 9th, the Germans are the first to arrive in Messina and so they get to defend. For a day. On the tenth they are defeated and the remainder captured. Canada's 100,000 man army has already taken 25,000 captives. All of Sicily us ours, with its metals (1), energy (12) and rares (7!) as well as 5 VPs, all in Palermo.

Good to see the Brits chasing Italian ships. Get'em skipper! Your little buddy will help when he can.

It was very interesting (to me anyway) to see the impact which the German movement had on the battle in Messina. It appears that, while an attack interrupts another attack, it doesn't stop an army from moving from one friendly territory to another. So when the Germans left Messina for German-held Catania, they immediately counted as not being present in Messina. If this is correct, it means that it can be very useful to watch for AI movement (and like the X-Com shuffle, the AI is prone to movement for movement's sake). It's like taking a penalty shot, force the goalie to make a move and then -- bam!

Speaking of hockey, one of the most disappointing developments of the war takes place after the Germans and Italians are captured. Longing to bring true civilization to all mankind, the Canadian troops teach the Italian and German prisoners how to play ice hockey. Many Axis knew how to skate and the games quickly became interesting. However, the enemy troops developed a system where most of their players clogged the neutral zone, and they always held two men back. An American correspondent watching the game called it "soccer on ice". A French Canadian coach named Jen-Luc Grand Pierre shouted "it's a trap" during one game, and the name stuck. In fact, this boring brand of hockey was so successful that some Canadian units started to copy it until the high command ruled that "only Nazis and Fascists play hockey like that", and the Canadians reverted to the true sport. The troubles finally came to an end when several neutral countries agreed to hold prisoners for the duration, and all the Axis hockey players were shipped out. To New Jersey.

Loving this AAR so far! As a Canadian and a bad writer I've often wanted to write an AAR of my country. I enjoy Canada as it's my fave allied minor, especially in HPP which I usually play, makes us a bit tougher and get a larger starting army + slightly better techs. A usualy tactic for me is taking North Africa, Sardinia and Sicily as good starting points and staging grounds. I do wait however until after Germany DoW's USSR. I want them tied down when I try and take on the continent.

Great job so far, just make sure not to over-extend too quickly, France is going to fall soon and thats going to free up a great many enemy troops. This could get hairy with a early invasion, but I look forward to it!

Oh and I love all the hockey references of course!

Loving this AAR so far! As a Canadian and a bad writer I've often wanted to write an AAR of my country. I enjoy Canada as it's my fave allied minor, especially in HPP which I usually play, makes us a bit tougher and get a larger starting army + slightly better techs. A usualy tactic for me is taking North Africa, Sardinia and Sicily as good starting points and staging grounds. I do wait however until after Germany DoW's USSR. I want them tied down when I try and take on the continent.

Great job so far, just make sure not to over-extend too quickly, France is going to fall soon and thats going to free up a great many enemy troops. This could get hairy with a early invasion, but I look forward to it!

Oh and I love all the hockey references of course!

Welcome, and thanks! I hope hockey fans don't take it personally if I appear to dump on their team. Looking for joke-y references mostly. I might, for example, dis Toronto (Johan's team, or it was), but I look forward to my Leafs game pretty much every year (Friday the 13th of January 2012 this season). Half the building is Leafs fan, same thing with the Habs (March 12). I'm at the Flyers game Wednesday!

The straits should make it easy to hold Sicily, as they cannot force a breakthrough because of stacking penalty etc.
That is if you dont run out of supplies.

Good point on the stacking penalty, took me a while to realize how much that could mean. We'll see on Sicily though, popular spot, lots of competition.

Update tomorrow. It looks like I'll be able to stick to a 3-updates-a-week schedule for a bit, Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday. It seems that everyone is working so hard that they're at work all weekend and unable to read the AAR much except during weekdays. Take it easy, guys, don't work so hard!