• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Short peace eh? Humankind can never be trusted to maintain peace.:p

Good luck in your election, I am pulling for the OMRLP myself.

Nice to see this back!

The Brief Peace - Part II

The Don-Kuban Union had been formed in 1919 towards the end of the First Russian Civil War by White Cossack general Petr Krasnov who, with diplomatic support from the German Empire, carved out independence for the region inhabited by the Kuban Cossack Host.

But in 1949 thirty years of independence came to an end as Semyon Budyonny led a faction of Soviet supporting ‘Red Cossacks’ in the March Revolution (effectively a coup d’etat) which succeeded in seizing control of the capital city of Krasnodar, executing Ataman Krasnov and his government, and formally merging the Don-Kuban Union with the Soviet Republic in exchange for guarantees of protection of the Cossack way of life.

screensave534.jpg

In a stroke the Soviet Republic had flanked the sprawling Kingdom of Ukraine to the south and gained the formidable cavalry army of the heavily militaristic Cossacks - which would later be used to forcibly incorporate into the Soviet Republic the totalist state of Georgia.

This sudden geopolitical change would, under normal circumstances, have been considered remarkable, however in the tumultuous years of 1949 and 1950 it was but one of many upheavals. In June syndicalist Mexico launched an eleven month war against the Pacific States of America, ostensibly to reclaim Alta California which Mexico had lost in the 19th century Mexican-American War, which ended in the complete occupation and annexation of the Pacific States.

screensave553.jpg

This, in turn, led to the now isolated Kingdom of Hawai’i joining the Entente for protection against any further Mexican expansionism.

screensave555.jpg

But the largest geopolitical upheavals in the two years of 1949 and 1950 were much less obvious - and all of them involved the French Empire and its sphere of influence.

In England, the First Powell Ministry had, on the back of the English ‘economic miracle’ and through the expansion of national service, succeeded in rebuilding English military strength to an impressive 930,000 men in the Royal English Army by May 1949.

screensave536.jpg

In comparison, German occupied Scotland to the north was garrisoned by just 90,000 men - whose main purpose was merely to oversee the day-today administration of Scotland by Scott-run local councils and to ensure that German aristocrats taking part in the new fad for attending pheasant shoots in the Scottish Highlands didn’t get into trouble with the natives.

screensave537.jpg

However, the greatest, hidden, geopolitical changes were taking place at the heart of French Empire where the analysis of the end of the Five Year Plan to expand South French industry revealed that it had succeeded in increasing production by 8% - a rate of economic growth not seen in France since the industrial revolution.

screensave539.jpg

And, more significantly, this economic news was coupled with the formation of the first French aéroarmée composed of four divisions of parachutist infantry - a reflection of the radical shift in imperial military thinking away from merely static, ground based warfare.

screensave542.jpg

This in turn, however, was but nothing compared to the incredibly well-kept military secret that the Joliot-Curies, recalled from their development of ordinators to work for the military again, had succeeded in October 1949 with the perfection of the Hydrogen bomb.

screensave546.jpg

This was followed by the last stages of the French Empire’s crash military expansion program in significant number of V2 rockets capable of being mounted with atomic warheads were produced, along with 1,500 new AMX-50 type heavy tanks.

screensave562.jpg

As 1950 drew to a close, the world had undergone two years of significant upheaval. However, this would pale in perspective compared to the trauma of the oncoming Third Weltkrieg.

screensave566.jpg

Map of Europe in 1950. Soon it would be radically redrawn.

So, where have I been? I've been busy with local elections and writing my dissertation. That's all over now, thank god, so, while I still have exams, I've finally got free time to write things again. Furthermore, we're finally back into a section with some action so I'll find it a lot more fun to do some writing.

So sorry for all the delays everyone.

Good update, welcome back! :) I dread the horrors that will soon ensue. Nuclear armageddon, anyone? I guess a strike on French soil will be out of the question though. These are French people after all.

Good update, welcome back! :) I dread the horrors that will soon ensue. Nuclear armageddon, anyone? I guess a strike on French soil will be out of the question though. These are French people after all.

All I'll say is that I have 18 nukes - I can afford to spread them around a little ;)

But seriously, millions of innocent civilians will perish. *cackles maniacally*

But seriously, millions of innocent civilians will perish. *cackles maniacally*

Not sure we're supposed to talk about that, but the nukes shall fly!

WOOHOO!! THIRD WELTKRIEG!!!!

On a more serious note, the Germans need nukes. It's completely implausible that Germany does not have access to nuclear weapons. At the very least some other power should be looking into nuclear technology. Maybe the Soviets found a Cossack nuclear scientist. Georgy Flyorov, the IRL head of the Soviet nuclear program, was born in Rostov-on-Don. Maybe the Cossacks weren't as stupid as the Germans and did some preliminary research.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgy_Flyorov

Last edited:
Not sure we're supposed to talk about that, but the nukes shall fly!

No, no. Gas, swastikas, camps and ethnic cleansing are strictly banned on the forum but nukes are okay. Such are the rules.

(Here ends the off-topic)

WOOHOO!! THIRD WELTKRIEG!!!!

On a more serious note, the Germans need nukes. It's completely implausible that Germany does not have access to nuclear weapons. At the very least some other power should be looking into nuclear technology. Maybe the Soviets found a Cossack nuclear scientist. Georgy Flyorov was born in Rostov-on-Don.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgy_Flyorov

You'll note I did do my best to explain that away. However, your point regarding the Soviets is duly noted. They shall be given nukes (or, to be more precise, their AI will be programmed to research them - along with Japan and possibly some others).

P.S. I would go back and edit the situation with Germany except I've already played too far ahead for that to be practical I'm afraid.

you'll note i did do my best to explain that away. However, your point regarding the soviets is duly noted. They shall be given nukes (or, to be more precise, their ai will be programmed to research them - along with japan and possibly some others).

P.s. I would go back and edit the situation with germany except i've already played too far ahead for that to be practical i'm afraid.

You get nuclear annihilation!!! You get nuclear annihilation!!! We're all getting nuclear annihilation!!!!!!

I've modified the AIs so now hopefully the Soviets, Japanese and Canadians will research nuclear techs and build reactors. Any other countries people think should be allowed to nuke each other into the stone age? :p

Last edited:
The Indian countries?

Hmm, good idea. I think Delhi will have to wait to be given them by Canada but I don't see why Bharitya couldn't start researching them independently.

[video=youtube;QuoKNZjr8_U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuoKNZjr8_U[/video]

@blitzthedragon

I have never, ever, followed through with anything I've ever written before. I am therefore going to follow through writing this AAR til the end even if it kills me :p

Status
Not open for further replies.