• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Make Darlan viceroy, just because Britain's a naval power, then pack the administration with Welsh and Scots who will create resentment in the English, leading to the formation of crippling inter-ethnic feuds which will tear the island apart. Then in about twenty years release the UK as an independent country in which the English are subservient to the Scots. This will hopefully lead to a series of crippling civil wars and eventually the partition and Balkanization of Britain, forever removing the Britons as a viable world power.

Make Darlan viceroy, just because Britain's a naval power, then pack the administration with Welsh and Scots who will create resentment in the English, leading to the formation of crippling inter-ethnic feuds which will tear the island apart. Then in about twenty years release the UK as an independent country in which the English are subservient to the Scots. This will hopefully lead to a series of crippling civil wars and eventually the partition and Balkanization of Britain, forever removing the Britons as a viable world power.

Or just annex the UK entirely (Spain too). France ruled Spain through the Bourbons, and it was a Frenchman named William that ruled England. Now is the chance to unite the three thrones togrther under the Phoenix Kingdom of the Bonapartes.

LONG LIVE PHOENIX KING LOUIS-NAPOLEON!

Or just annex the UK entirely (Spain too). France ruled Spain through the Bourbons, and it was a Frenchman named William that ruled England. Now is the chance to unite the three thrones togrther under the Phoenix Kingdom of the Bonapartes.

LONG LIVE PHOENIX KING LOUIS-NAPOLEON!

All though a Phoenix King would be awesome it's not sufficiently evil.

Why all the hate for my home country? :'(

Also, as a heads up, since I know fairly intimately the territory being fought over, I might have a tendency to describe in particularly lengthy detail the war in Britain :p

Why all the hate for my home country? :'(

Also, as a heads up, since I know fairly intimately the territory being fought over, I might have a tendency to describe in particularly lengthy detail the war in Britain :p

Take the province of Portsmount to you,the rest of country will continue independent.

Hmm, he looks like an illegitimate descendant though - and the Bonaparte's never really had that much respect for the old monarchies in the first place.

Apparently the actual Jacobite claimant at the time was this guy but given he was German royalty he would seem to be off the table for the Bonapartes.

Your going to restore the United Kingdom under the Edward VIII though, right? RIGHT?!

Your going to restore the United Kingdom under the Edward VIII though, right? RIGHT?!

NYET! Either a Stuart or a Bonaparte shall claim the throne.

NO! No Monarch for the Brits! Let Darlan ravage their country! DEATH TO ROSBIF!

Make Darlan viceroy, just because Britain's a naval power

Given that Darlan was forced into retirement for criticising the Emperor's military strategy, why would Darlan be appointed? Particularly since there's no need for Britain to be allowed to become a naval power again ;)

Given that Darlan was forced into retirement for criticising the Emperor's military strategy, why would Darlan be appointed? Particularly since there's no need for Britain to be allowed to become a naval power again ;)

Well, just ensure that the lyrics are changed to "Ruled Britannia, Britannia ruled [something], Briton forever shall be slaves"

Then invade Canada and liberate Quebec!

Just give it back to the king-in-exile in Canada, who I think is Edward VIII. I'm sure he'll be appropriately grateful.

Just give it back to the king-in-exile in Canada, who I think is Edward VIII. I'm sure he'll be appropriately grateful.

NYET! Not by a Nose! England must be held under the rule of the Bonapartes (or at the very least, the Stuarts)

Appropriately grateful would have to be the French possessions in the Caribbean and Quebec - and I'm not sure the Canadians would tolerate the last one.

Update on the way by the end of this week btw.

I love how thorough your analysis of the invasion and nuking of Portsmouth was. Your familiarity with the region really shines through here, and I love all the detail. I eagerly await the next update. Also, in honor of those lost at Petersfield, I present to you modified Pink Floyd lyrics:

It was just before dawn
One miserable morning in Black '46.
The forward commander was told to hold fast--
The French advance he had to restrict.
And the generals had hoped that the Home Guard
Could hold back the enemy tanks for awhile,
But the Petersfield frontline then fell at the price
Of a few thousand innocent lives.

And Comrade Horner sent Mother a note
When he heard that Father was gone.
It was, I recall, in the form of scroll,
Oak leaves and all.
And I found it one day
In a drawer of old photographs, hidden away.
My eyes still grow damp
Remembering the Secretary signed with his trade union stamp.

It was dark all around,
There was frost in the ground
When the Renaults broke free.
And no one survived
From the Workers' Fusiliers Company C.
They were all left behind;
Most of them dead, the rest of them dying.
And that's how the Emperor took my daddy from me!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.