• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A single tear for gallant little Finland ;-;

Meh, the Finns started the war so, you know.

Besides, now they get to enjoy the glorious benefits of syndicalism! :p

Im kinda surprised the Germans and their buddies haven't done some kind of intervention yet to destroy the Soviets and recreate some kind of new Russian state in its pre "Russia gets screwed over by everybody" borders. Maybe they could even make a Hohenzollern the new Tzar. :p

Im kinda surprised the Germans and their buddies haven't done some kind of intervention yet to destroy the Soviets and recreate some kind of new Russian state in its pre "Russia gets screwed over by everybody" borders. Maybe they could even make a Hohenzollern the new Tzar. :p
If I recall correctly Tsar Nicholas was Kaiser Wilhelm's cousin, but I'd say Ostsiedlung would take precedence over family matters.

My explanation is that the Germans didn't want to intervene further in the pre WW2 period as it would have meant taking even more troops away from the border with a Commune that was aggresively rearming and preparing for war. WW2 then drained their manpower and strained their industry, not to mention their continuing air and sea war with the Union of Britain. So there's no way they want another war at the moment.

On top of which, Ukraine has benefited from the demise of Russia though annexing a vast swathe of it - recreating Russia would mean giving back most of that land which is something they'd probably prefer to avoid.

So I imagine that as long as the Soviets don't directly threaten German interests and remain surrounded and unlikely to pose a substantial threat, the Germans would be happy to leave them be and focus on the bigger threats. I'd also imagine that German occupied Russia is officially some sort of independent state or a collection of independent states but that in practice they depend on the Germans for absolutely everything, including troops to keep the peasants in line, and that it's a de facto complete occupation with no one taking the puppet states seriously and with the Germans happily exploiting every resource they can get their hands on.

That said, all of this can't and won't last as I can tell you now that some very interesting things will happen in that area in future updates. As a hint, I'll point out that both Lithuania and White Ruthenia had nationalist coups and left the Mitteleuropa to form their own mini alliance before the second weltkrieg. And Sweden turned into a right wing semi-fascist Scandinavian state which annexed syndicalist Norway and which now has cores on Finland. Hint hint ;)

Your Soviet problem reminds me of the current playthrough as Germany I am doing. I started the war early in spring 1939, because the French lines had been heavily pruned to assist in the Italian Reunification underway at the time. While I was busy curb stomping the French, the Russians went full Soviet and I was like "Aw crap." Then they started declaring war on all the territories they lost, and I was like "AW CRAP!" Amazingly, they became more isolationist after acquiring Karelia and Alash Orda, even being not so hostile towards me (relationship is currently at -10). They have since become docile, allowing me to finish off the French and the British and usher in a true period of Pax Germania in Europe. I'm still building up my eastern army in the Baltics and in my satellite states, though, since I'm sure they will be eying up Ukraine sooner or later. Ironically, I actually have much more IC as the Soviets (350 WITH peacetime penalty for me vs 235 Soviets). I'm not worried, though, as my army is bigger, has more tanks, is super-advanced, and is backed up by a buttload of air support.

Well, the Germans having a soviet neighbour ready with a back stabbing knife is hardly a problem for me :p Actually, it benefits the French Empire fairly well ;)

Hmm, true. Too bad for them my Germany is facing them. =P

Eh, there's too many of them for me to have an easy victory over them; logistics alone are hell. I still am better equipped and organized than them, so if they want to start something, they'll have a helluva time trying it.

Incidentally, while I will be doing an update tonight and will obviously finish this AAR, I have just come across the basis for my next AAR ;)

Oooohhhhh..... Shiny.:p

The end? Sad!

The end? Sad!

Hey, this AAR doesn't end until I've beaten Germany and established a new French Empire the likes of which the world has never seen.

It's just that I've also got the idea of my next aar worked out already :)

The Invasion of Egypt

As night fell on the 21st of August 1941, artillery and gunfire roared to life along hundreds of miles of the border between the French Empire and Egypt.

screensave65h.jpg

The bulk of the French attack came along the coast road in north western Egypt while a much smaller force engaged the Egyptian forces in the western Sudan in order to pin them down and, ideally, to sweep them aside and seize Khartoum.

screensave66.jpg

Though the attack in the south was to fail, the attack in the north was a shattering success. Overwhelmed by the surprise night time attack, all along the Franco-Egyptian border the Egyptian forces were forced to retreat.

screensave72.jpg

Within five days of the start of the war, the town of As Sollum was in French hands and Sidi Barrani was falling, even as overwhelming concentrations of French troops continued to drive the Egyptian armies south into the desert, preventing them from posing any serious obstacle to the French advance along the coast.

screensave78.jpg

The battles along the coast continued into early September with the Egyptian army reinforcing its coastal garrisons with troops from the east to slow, but not stop, the French advance with the aim of keeping them from Alexandria until troops from the other Axis members could arrive to stop the French.

screensave81.jpg

screensave84.jpg

screensave86.jpg

However, the well-oiled French army continued to constantly overwhelm any attempts to halt its progress with the Imperial Guard and the Foreign Legion in particular proving their worth in fierce battles in Egyptian coastal town after Egyptian coastal town.

screensave87.jpg

As the end of September approached, the Egyptian forces sent to attempt to fight for the coast road, the bulk of Egypt’s army, had been completely routed and the French armies were advancing practically unopposed on Alexandria.

screensave88.jpg

By this point French intelligence estimated that the Egyptians had lost ten whole divisions due to annihilation in battle or capture.

screensave89.jpg

So crushing was the French advance that Napoleon IV himself arrived in Egypt to personally take command of the assault on the town of Fuqa where the Egyptians were making a last ditch attempt to stop the French before they could reach Alexandria.

While in reality, the Emperor was heavily advised by his generals and almost always followed their advice, however, he would continue to remain officially in command of the French forces for the remainder of the war in Egypt - allowing the press at home to make many, many comparisons with Napoleon I and his own Egyptian campaign. The difference being that this time it was the French fleet, rather than Nelson, who patrolled the waters of the Nile delta.

screensave93.jpg

Regardless of who was ultimately commanding and responsible for the victories of the French army in Egypt, by the 20th of October the French reached El Alamein and launched their assault on the city of Alexandria and its defenders.

screensave94.jpg

However, in the battle tragedy struck as Egyptian artillery scored a direct hit on a forward command post being visited by General D’Esperey. The general, a veteran and a hero of both the First and Second Weltkrieg, was amongst those killed. In the aftermath of his death, Napoleon IV was forced to take full and active command of the battle of Alexandria where, despite his relative military inexperience, the certainty of having someone in command and the fragmented nature of urban combat allowing low ranking officers to take the initiative, the set back to the French in terms of the war itself was only minor.

However, even as D’Esperey’s body was flown back to France for a full national funeral, a shocking event occurred. For the two years since the defeat of the Commune, southern France itself had known peace - even as the British continued their round-the-clock bombing of German, Flanders-Wallonian and northern French cities and factories. But by October 1942, new Lancaster bombers entered service with the Republican Air Force and were used in a brutal bombing raid on Lyons, industrial capital of the Empire, leaving twelve factories destroyed and hundreds homeless.

screensave95.jpg

For the French it was a bitter and brutal reminder that the Second Weltkrieg was not over yet.

Those Tommy bastards! (No offense to Antonine! ^//^) Your day will come too, you syndicalist swine. Napoleon shall succeed where his ancestor failed, and France shall rise again!

Those Tommy bastards! (No offense to Antonine! ^//^) Your day will come too, you syndicalist swine. Napoleon shall succeed where his ancestor failed, and France shall rise again!

Let us hope so. Germany, for whatever reason, isn't invading Britain, so maybe it is time to take the island by force. Canada might even be persuaded to return to the National French fold if they are offered a chance to return the exiles (read, get rid of them) to Britain.

you know what to do
'An%20Accurate%20Representation%20of%20the%20Floating%20Machine%20Invented%20by%20the%20French%20for%20Invading%20England'%20Freville%20Dighton.jpg

I don't disagree with this, but I suspect that the Republican Navy is still too strong for the National French to invade Britain at the moment, we must be careful.

Great AAR BTW :)

Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.