• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Will what factories are available be dependent on you tech or the target countries tech? No technology transfer at all?
this please. Will the foreign-built factories use your tech or the country's they are built in tech?

and let me re-state a question from the previous DD (maybe I get luckier and it gets answered this time? :) ): will there be a "subjugate" cb in AHD?

This is a really neat idea; it's something I didn't expect, but it would definitely make things a lot more interesting towards the end of the game.

What happens if you end up at war with a nation you have invested in?

I see a lot of people missed the most obviously awesome part of the DD. :) Investing in your own industries (if you are not a GP) makes it harder for you to be exploited by GPs, even if you are in their SOI.

This makes being the member of an SOI a much more nuanced situation than it was before. Now if players are complaining that their GP overlord is making their economic life difficult by absorbing their resources, the answer is "well, you better get crackin' building up your own industry or nationalizin', cause you don't have to let every single product or resource you make got to the sphere leader anymore."

Being an economically powerful and industrialized secondary power no longer means getting economically pwned by a backwards GP anymore just because you happened to fall into their sphere. Belgium might end up in Russia's SOI for some reason, but that doesn't mean that industrialized Belgium has become the economic lapdog of agrarian Russia.

will there be a "subjugate" cb in AHD?

In the initial post they stated that if a country nationalises, you get a CB to puppet them -> puppet = subjugation

Very exciting feature! Finally there are some very good economic reasons for having satellites (since I imagine satellites won't be able to Nationalize) :)

you can only invest in railroads in uncivs. not factories.

I have a suggestion. Could you make it so that we can invest in factory, railroad and even mine/plantation then hoard our own laborers/craters into the uncivilized country? This would create tensions with local population and could escalate to rebellion attacking our citizens in the uncivilized country. If this happens, we can get a free subjugation or conquer casus belli against the uncivilized host.

Great changes! I think foreign investments will improve the economic game dramatically.

THIS IS SO AWESOME

What will happen with your factories in other countries if you suddenly stop be a Great Power?

And also, what happens to your foreign investments in general if your country undergoes a revolution?

This makes being the member of an SOI a much more nuanced situation than it was before. Now if players are complaining that their GP overlord is making their economic life difficult by absorbing their resources, the answer is "well, you better get crackin' building up your own industry or nationalizin', cause you don't have to let every single product or resource you make got to the sphere leader anymore."

Still, as i pointed in one of my questions, if you're a democracy with a laissez-faire ruling party, you could lack the instruments to shut down unwanted foreign-built factories even after nationalizing them. In that case you should get an event or decision that, after nationalizing, allows you to choose wether to keep the firms or incite the people to destroy them. Something like: "Rejoyce, citizens of Goofyland! We've broken the chains that made us slaves! We're free! Wipe out those symbols of foreign dominations, may our past masters burn in hell like them!"

What i really dislike is that you don`t get profit of your factories in foreign country wich is absoultly incorect IMO.

Other than that it`s good, i just hope factories would see some overhault in that i would really like to be able to build many levels of a factory at same time, so for example i could buil 10level telephone factory from the ground, without having to go thru lower levels, wich can take about a decade(!)

If I, as France, build a clipper plant in Latvia, Russia (assuming they're not a GP), and Latvia is awarded their independence at some point, is the clipper plant still mine or does Latvia nationalize it without recourse upon independence?