+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: AHD DD8 – Foreign Investment

Interesting DD, here some Qs:
    1) Will factories be built/run with the foreign investor or the domestic techs? A badly unciv state could lack the ability to build anything except very few types of firm.
    2) Will this process involve some basical tech transfer (maybe with a low % of firing, like an invention, to acquire an obsolete master's tech in industry or commerce tree, something like 2 steps behind of the master's current one) or give research/westernize bonus to target? I'm thinking to something like the Western arms trade bonus of EU3.
    3) Will the "host" country able to destroy unwanted factories, even with a laissez-faire politic?
    I fear that AI foreign capis could spam the target state with lots of factories of their choice, filling the slots with firms a player would not desire and couldn't destroy. On the other hand, a subtle GP human player could move very low profit factories to his spherelings, using them to consume his raw materials surplus while he frees slots for telephones, radios, cars and other stuff that spherelings will no longer have room to produce (once they'll have the techs, of course).
    Last edited by pacja; 18-11-2011 at 15:13.

Quote Originally Posted by RedRalphWiggum View Post
    How about factories built in a part of an empire which subsequently break way, i.e. if the UK builds a liquor factory in Dublin and Ireland then gains independence, will she still rule through her capitalists, her landlords, financiers, and through the whole array of commercial and industrial institutions she has planted in Ireland and watered with the tears of our mothers and the blood of our martyrs? Or will those factories be reset as purely Irish?
    This, and what if I invest in the Papal States, and Sardinia-Piedmont later annexes them. Am I still invested in Italy?

Very great work!!

I have a question.
    In Vic2, player has too much money if you play in UK, FRA or something.
    So, I think player can invest all over the world and grab world economy easily.
    How is the amount of money for investment decided or limited?

Oberkommando HOI4 Paradox Dev Team podcat's Avatar
    200k clubHoI AnthologyDiplomacyFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by RedRalphWiggum View Post
    How about factories built in a part of an empire which subsequently break way, i.e. if the UK builds a liquor factory in Dublin and Ireland then gains independence, will she still rule through her capitalists, her landlords, financiers, and through the whole array of commercial and industrial institutions she has planted in Ireland and watered with the tears of our mothers and the blood of our martyrs? Or will those factories be reset as purely Irish?
    100% pure irish. the influence you have is more to the government side of things, so if a state with factories gets taken in war you will still retain influence in that country because they remember your contribution

Quote Originally Posted by yuki108 View Post
    Very great work!!

I have a question.
    In Vic2, player has too much money if you play in UK, FRA or something.
    So, I think player can invest all over the world and grab world economy easily.
    How is the amount of money for investment decided or limited?
    its not, but having "too much money" is a problem with the game we aim to fix. better to start in the right end
    Reject reason to make the impossible possible!

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDungeonland
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: WarshipsMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    StarvoidThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesHearts of Iron: The Card GameCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderTeleglitch: Die More Edition

How do foreign investments work with the different economic policies in the game? For example right now you need a state-capitalist policy to build factories in your own country, if you have Laissez-faire policies then you can't build any factories.

But in AHD if you have a Laissez-faire party in power can you still build factories in other countries while not being able to do the same in your country? Does that not seem counter-intuitive? How do the capitalists tie into all of this?

Who is gonna work in the uncivilized factories? Craftsmen require a minimum literacy to exist, dont they?

BL-logic
    Event Team Leader
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IIMagickaMajesty II Collection
    March of the EaglesRome GoldSemper FiSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold War
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Warlock: Master of the ArcaneV2 AHD BetaPride of Nations
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by podcat View Post
    100% pure irish. the influence you have is more to the government side of things, so if a state with factories gets taken in war you will still retain influence in that country because they remember your contribution
    Shouldn't it be up to the Irish in such a case to choose whether to nationalise or the industries or not?
    If you are forcing them to nationalise in such a situation, it sort of defeats the point of having nationalisation as a decision.
    So if the Irish break away peacefully, presumably they get away with nationalising all their former overlord's industries without any consequences because they were a vassal rather than a spheree, when historically there have been wars fought over that very thing?

Why not just let them choose whether to nationalise or not, the system you say you already have in place for spherees?
    Game Developer East vs West - Event&Decision Team Leader
    Unless stated otherwise, the content of the above post is my personal opinion only.

Utilities:
    Victoria 2 Pop Maker Utility: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-Maker-Utility
    Victoria 2 Order Of Battle Maker Utility:
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-Maker-Utility
    Victoria 2 Savegame Analyser Utility: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?638277-Victoria-2-AHD-Savegame-Analyser

Oberkommando HOI4 Paradox Dev Team podcat's Avatar
    200k clubHoI AnthologyDiplomacyFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by makotech222 View Post
    Who is gonna work in the uncivilized factories? Craftsmen require a minimum literacy to exist, dont they?
    you can only invest in railroads in uncivs. not factories.

Quote Originally Posted by SlyEcho View Post
    But in AHD if you have a Laissez-faire party in power can you still build factories in other countries while not being able to do the same in your country? Does that not seem counter-intuitive? How do the capitalists tie into all of this?
    its dependent on government policies, so Laissez fair cant do direct investments (its all moddable btw)
    Reject reason to make the impossible possible!

Will it be possible to invest in other GPs? If not, what happens to your investments when a country becomes a GP?

Can we mod this to make the share of the market more dependent on investment if we so chose?
    B.B.B.B.B.B.B.B.B.Mod for CK II

Every winter my Uncle Bilbert used to go out and buy clothes for his entire hobbit family. I remember the first year I came along with him shopping. His tongue was swollen up so he was unable to speak but my uncle Bilbert was not concerned. He simply took me and my cousins to town and proudly presented his young relatives to the shopkeeper. The wise old clothesmaker just smiled and started taking measurements. After so many years of business he didn't hesitate to in fur my uncle's hobbits.

Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IILost Empire - Immortals
    MagickaNaval War: Arctic CircleSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    V2 AHD BetaHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Kalelovil View Post
    Shouldn't it be up to the Irish in such a case to choose whether to nationalise or the industries or not?
    If you are forcing them to nationalise in such a situation, it sort of defeats the point of having nationalisation as a decision.
    So if the Irish break away peacefully, presumably they get away with nationalising all their former overlord's industries without any consequences because they were a vassal rather than a spheree, when historically there have been wars fought over that very thing?

Why not just let them choose whether to nationalise or not, the system you say you already have in place for spherees?
    The same reason rebels dont get the original states diplomacy,
    We haven't fostered any good will by investing in there nation...
    Ignored: Nuril, videonfan, Pandi

200k clubCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIRome GoldSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Is the only way to get a factory in a foreign nation to build it? I mean, no way to acquire already existent ones, even if it's nearing bankruptcy or so?
    1 Clerk
    Nationality: Catalan
    Religion: Atheist
    Ideology: Liberal
    Issues: Protectionism / 5 Hour Max Work Day
    Current Work: Cement Factory
    Cash Reserves: Enough
    Revolt Risk: 1.8%
    Militancy: 4.3
    Consciousness: 7.8

BL-logic
    Event Team Leader
    March of the EaglesRome GoldSemper FiSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold War
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Warlock: Master of the ArcaneV2 AHD BetaPride of Nations

Quote Originally Posted by s1234567890m View Post
    The same reason rebels dont get the original states diplomacy,
    We haven't fostered any good will by investing in there nation...
    Could you rephrase that? I don't see how it is related to what I posted.
    Unless stated otherwise, the content of the above post is my personal opinion only.

Utilities:
    Victoria 2 Pop Maker Utility: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-Maker-Utility
    Victoria 2 Savegame Analyser Utility: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?638277-Victoria-2-AHD-Savegame-Analyser

Excellent! This is the best improvement yet, IMO.

I'm confused by this: Capitalists are allowed to do investments if they have spare cash, but the outputs/profits from foreign investments go to the local Capitalists, not the initial investors, right? What is the benefit in foreign investment for Capitalists in that case?

Also, will it be possible to put encourage industry NFs in other countries, to encourage foreign investment when you have an LF government? Or will there be a new "foreign investment" NF that you can place on your own state, to encourage the Capitalists there to invest abroad?

Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur IILost Empire - Immortals
    MagickaNaval War: Arctic CircleSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    V2 AHD BetaHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Kalelovil View Post
    Could you rephrase that? I don't see how it is related to what I posted.
    The irish break away from UK, they dont get the uk's diplomacy, this effect is on diplomacy like podcat said.
    The effects stays with the original country...

Or are you referring to puppet/master relations into GP status?
    Ignored: Nuril, videonfan, Pandi

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultDungeonland
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneLeviathan: WarshipsMagickaRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event
    EUIV: Conquest of Paradise

How will the AI handle investments? I ask thing because it would be weird see the last great power investing on the first secondary power since he would be helping is rival for position.

Also I asked before but none answered, is it possible for a nation to actively attract foreign investment, or is it just up to the investor? Because let's say I am playing with an minor civilized power like Portugal, attracting investors to make factories in my country would be a great boost
    The Eternal State - a DH-KR Ottoman AAR - Dropped due to health reasons

Struggle for the Mediterranean - a BOR Punic War MP AAR
    - Dropped due to AGEOD leaving Paradox

One of these days I will actually finish an AAR

"Holy Roman Empire. Neither Holy, nor Roman, nor an Empire. But it doesn't have any oil so no reason for military intervention" -Voltaire.

its dependent on government policies, so Laissez fair cant do direct investments (its all moddable btw)
    Is foreign investment a new government policy, or is it determined by the existing rules (build_factory = yes/no, expand_factory = yes/no, etc.)

BL-logic
    Event Team Leader

Quote Originally Posted by s1234567890m View Post
    The irish break away from UK, they dont get the uk's diplomacy, this effect is on diplomacy like podcat said.
    The effects stays with the original country...
    Oh, okay.
    Last edited by Kalelovil; 18-11-2011 at 16:16.

Utilities:

...Neat!
    This was one of the things that got me excited when i was the list of things that would be introduced. Certainly didn't disappoint.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourKing Arthur IIVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight

Praga, Caput Rei Republicae et Anus Mundi
    ... and can build factories in other countries (that have governments that allow it).
    Exactly which policies allow foreign investment - same ones that allow capitalists to build factories? Or have protectionism/free trade any effect here?

Pardon my French ... and English ... and German ... and basically any other language I am trying to speak.

"If every man was smart, then every second one of them would be complete idiot." Josef Švejk

Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourVictoria 2

What about investments for Chinese substates or casual puppets? Will this innovation work?
    Sorry for my English =)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast