+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: AHD DD8 Foreign Investment

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty II Collection
    March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Will what factories are available be dependent on you tech or the target countries tech? No technology transfer at all?
    I alone have the right to use my avatar!

See the proof

Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Meanmanturbo View Post
    Will what factories are available be dependent on you tech or the target countries tech? No technology transfer at all?
    this please. Will the foreign-built factories use your tech or the country's they are built in tech?

and let me re-state a question from the previous DD (maybe I get luckier and it gets answered this time? ): will there be a "subjugate" cb in AHD?

Each and every DD makes me long even more for this game. Looks like you guys are doing a great job on AHD

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2
    Europa Universalis IV

podcat
    Thanks, it is magnificent improvements! With impatience I wait the following diary.
    I'm sorry for my English.

People's Commissar of the Navy Demi Moderator Avindian's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

This is a really neat idea; it's something I didn't expect, but it would definitely make things a lot more interesting towards the end of the game.
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- Q3 ACAs have just begun! EU IV|CK II|Vicky II|HOI 3|Darkest Hour
    Consecrated blood waters my fields: a Hvitserk megacampaign -- Brand new!
    Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- Nearing its thrilling conclusion!
    Like what you see? Check out my Inkwell for awards and completed AARs!

If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2

200k clubCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Rome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

What happens if you end up at war with a nation you have invested in?
    Nationality: Swedish
    Religion: Atheist
    Ideology: Social Democrat
    Issues: Interventionism/Free trade
    Current work: Tech Support
    Cash reserves: Whatever coins I find in my apartment.
    Revolt risk: 28%
    Militancy: 9
    Consciousness: 8

This is no AAR, this is a space station, no wait, THIS IS SPARTA, no I am doing it wrong, this is a bonus developer diary.
    - King

Covert Mastermind Demi Moderator Secret Master's Avatar
    200k clubAchtung PanzerCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Ship Simulator ExtremesSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of Nations
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

I see a lot of people missed the most obviously awesome part of the DD. Investing in your own industries (if you are not a GP) makes it harder for you to be exploited by GPs, even if you are in their SOI.

This makes being the member of an SOI a much more nuanced situation than it was before. Now if players are complaining that their GP overlord is making their economic life difficult by absorbing their resources, the answer is "well, you better get crackin' building up your own industry or nationalizin', cause you don't have to let every single product or resource you make got to the sphere leader anymore."

Being an economically powerful and industrialized secondary power no longer means getting economically pwned by a backwards GP anymore just because you happened to fall into their sphere. Belgium might end up in Russia's SOI for some reason, but that doesn't mean that industrialized Belgium has become the economic lapdog of agrarian Russia.
    All Hail Him,

The Secret Master

Note: If I write a post in this hideous color, I am speaking as a Demi-Moderator. Paying attention is strongly advised.

Quote Originally Posted by Arathian View Post
    will there be a "subjugate" cb in AHD?
    In the initial post they stated that if a country nationalises, you get a CB to puppet them -> puppet = subjugation
    "It's a history game. History was tedious. History did not encourage world domination." - forums user V1ribus

List of CK2 Traits: Grey Eminence; Poet; Homosexual, Genius, Humble, Ambitious, Gregarious, Honest, Paranoid, Cynical, Proud, Slothful, Lustful
    (Yes I know humble and proud are opposites.)

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionDarkest HourEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis500k club

This is great news. I'm excited to hear what will be done with the rebel system in the next DD. Auto-hunt rebels, anyone?

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMajesty II CollectionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRise of Prussia
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Very exciting feature! Finally there are some very good economic reasons for having satellites (since I imagine satellites won't be able to Nationalize)
    Imperium 1.4 (Mod for Victoria II)

Austria: efficient like the Germans, musical like the Italians and refined like the French.

Wait, so I can pour hundreds of millions of pounds so I can industrialize Russia?

INDUSTRIAL RUSSIA!!! Oh F----,

Does this new mechanic apply mutually between great powers?

I ask because Russia received a lot of investment from Western Europe in the period, even when considered a great power.

Quote Originally Posted by podcat View Post
    you can only invest in railroads in uncivs. not factories.
    I have a suggestion. Could you make it so that we can invest in factory, railroad and even mine/plantation then hoard our own laborers/craters into the uncivilized country? This would create tensions with local population and could escalate to rebellion attacking our citizens in the uncivilized country. If this happens, we can get a free subjugation or conquer casus belli against the uncivilized host.

Great changes! I think foreign investments will improve the economic game dramatically.
    IMHO CB OP. BTW PU WAD? FWIW. HTH. AFAIK YMMV. OMG WTF BBQ!

Do you like surfing game forums but wish people would stop using obscure abbreviations and gaming acronyms?
    Then my Firefox/Chrome extension ABBREX is for you!
    It automatically adds hover tooltips to abbreviations displaying their meanings on any web page you visit!

Check it out at: http://abbrex.com
    Read about it in my post here

I will literally buy the game just for this. This makes the economy so much more interesting.

What will happen with your factories in other countries if you suddenly stop be a Great Power?

Alluccate: "Viva 'o Rre!!!" Ciccillo Rre's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    EUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Blog Entries
    THIS IS SO AWESOME

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Hunter View Post
    What will happen with your factories in other countries if you suddenly stop be a Great Power?
    And also, what happens to your foreign investments in general if your country undergoes a revolution?

Quote Originally Posted by Secret Master View Post
    This makes being the member of an SOI a much more nuanced situation than it was before. Now if players are complaining that their GP overlord is making their economic life difficult by absorbing their resources, the answer is "well, you better get crackin' building up your own industry or nationalizin', cause you don't have to let every single product or resource you make got to the sphere leader anymore."
    Still, as i pointed in one of my questions, if you're a democracy with a laissez-faire ruling party, you could lack the instruments to shut down unwanted foreign-built factories even after nationalizing them. In that case you should get an event or decision that, after nationalizing, allows you to choose wether to keep the firms or incite the people to destroy them. Something like: "Rejoyce, citizens of Goofyland! We've broken the chains that made us slaves! We're free! Wipe out those symbols of foreign dominations, may our past masters burn in hell like them!"

What i really dislike is that you don`t get profit of your factories in foreign country wich is absoultly incorect IMO.

Other than that it`s good, i just hope factories would see some overhault in that i would really like to be able to build many levels of a factory at same time, so for example i could buil 10level telephone factory from the ground, without having to go thru lower levels, wich can take about a decade(!)

If I, as France, build a clipper plant in Latvia, Russia (assuming they're not a GP), and Latvia is awarded their independence at some point, is the clipper plant still mine or does Latvia nationalize it without recourse upon independence?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast