+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: "Prussia's Ambition" — Fridays, 20:00 AEST

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

haha nice

Professional Kangaroo Boxer The-King's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Fun game guys! A nice quiet session for me... And Great Britain was the first nation to break 10k income! Glory to us!

Additional icons required Demi Moderator pevergreen's Avatar
    54 games registered

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

Hopefully miotas didn't suffer too much due to my mistake.

Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Meh, I lost a couple thousand income for 5 years, the problem now is France getting the crown

Quote Originally Posted by miotas View Post
    Meh, I lost a couple thousand income for 5 years, the problem now is France getting the crown
    I think i miss why you act as if this is a world issue lol, All this chaanges is the fact that i can rightfully field an army the same and maybe a little bigger than my aggressive neighbor. Instead of it being the 2:1 it was before.

I am an honorable and inspired emperor bent on the protection of my beloved empire. All those subjects who stay loyal to the great cause will be rewarded with great honor and glory. I think you have it all the wrong way! This is a glorious day for the HRE. ALL HAIL REGENCY COUNCIL!

Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I'm not entirely sure why Austria thinks that a French HRE is a threat to both me and him. The fact is that he doesn't border either of us, and never will, nor does he have any ambitions on the land that we control. There is really nothing to fear from a French HRE.

Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Frontlines and their Importance in War:

The recent war with Burgundy, the Foeman in the West, has left me, Syndic Albrecht Arnswald, with the realisation of the critical importance of a broad frontline in warfare. When Burgundy declared war upon the Electorate of Trier, the shared protectorate of the Republic of Prussia and the Kingdom of France, I was left with a dire predicament; I could not reach Burgundy with my own forces. Bavaria blocked all access to Burgundy, and refused our forces military access; with good reason, considering the past hostilities between our two nations. Fortunately, I had curried good relations with the Republic of Frankfurt, who dividied Bavaria in half, and secured military access through their land for my troops.

What I did not full realise, at the time, was that the fact that this left me with barely 30 kilometres of front with the Burgundian lines, and with a force exceeding 120,000, invading the Burgundian countryside would be a nightmare of logistics. I did realise this, however, several months later, as my field commanders attempted to bring the Prussian army to bear upon Burgundy. Attrition and disease stole a few hundred lives, but once on the other side, it was a far worse story. Supply caravans on their way through Frankfurt were frequently raided, and we lost thousands of lives to starvation, bringing our forces down to a lowly one hundred thousand. Also, the Burgundian military was far stronger, and we could do little but harry their rear guard while their main forces fought the French. Several times, we were forced to retreat and rebuild our forces behind the Frankfurt "wall", while the Republic continued to deny Burgundy access to Prussian soil.

It was near the end of the war that the importance of a broader front showed itself more fully. Prussian forces, whittled down to a mere seventy-thousand, met the Burgundian rear-guard, of roughly sixty-five thousand, in the woods of Luxembourg. Despite fighting an entrenched foe, and numerical inferiority, the tactical genius of the Burgundian commander allowed his disadvantaged forces to defeat the Prussian army, and they were forced into a retreat. If the frontline had been wider, the Prussian forces would have been able to retreat back into friendly territory, but with the only access point to friendly land being through Frankfurt, and the way to Frankfurt being blocked by Burgundian troops, the Prussian forces were butchered wholesale, and the homeland was left defenceless to the tactless invasion of the Kingdom of Austria. The war was lost.

Diplomatically, this war further reinforced the hostility between Burgundy and Prussia, and established the fact that Prussia's southern flank would never be safe while Austria continued to exist along it. It did, however, strengthen the alliance between France and Prussia, and the war failed to complete its intended aim of denying the position of Holy Roman Emperor to France. The war may have been a failure, but the campaign was a victory, no matter how pyrrhic it may have seemed to the Prussian people.

In the end, the war made me draw several conclusions; firstly, the Prussian economy is weak. Far too weak. I aim to remedy that through trade; secondly, that the Prussian military is only as strong as its leadership, and that next time I achieve a very high Land Tradition score, I should hire and deploy generals; and thirdly, that Prussia cannot stand alone, and that garnering friendships and favors from among the powers-that-be may become the only way for Prussia to survive long enough to form Germany. Only Austria and Sweden are as weak as Prussia, and Austria is even slightly stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by Taiisatai64 View Post
    I'm not entirely sure why Austria thinks that a French HRE is a threat to both me and him. The fact is that he doesn't border either of us, and never will, nor does he have any ambitions on the land that we control. There is really nothing to fear from a French HRE.
    Your alliance makes it a threat Prussia, so i will continue to consider it thus.

Nice AAR dude

Quote Originally Posted by Tazen View Post
    Your alliance makes it a threat Prussia, so i will continue to consider it thus.

Nice AAR dude
    Alliance was formed on a defensive basis. Why in baby jesus' green afro would i want anything from austria...? lol

Prussian Diplomatic Relations with Major Powers:

As they are in this year of our Lord, 1600 A.D:

Quote Originally Posted by KneeHi View Post
    Alliance was formed on a defensive basis. Why in baby jesus' green afro would i want anything from austria...? lol
    NO reason, but me and prussia do not see eye to eye, so you allying with them became a problem.

There's mean't to be a write-up accompanying that map, but my head hurts and I'm mildly annoyed at the people in this game of Werewolf Lite I'm in, so I wasn't in the mood...

Quote Originally Posted by Tazen View Post
    NO reason, but me and prussia do not see eye to eye, so you allying with them became a problem.
    Maybe this is true, however dont be so quick to judge your new emperor. I hope to build trust with all my wonderful subjects. And share with them the glory of our mighty ruler REGENCY COUNCIL.

I think you dont quite have clear sight on whats happening on my homefront.

A new map! I spent a lot of time on this one (6 hours? Wow....), so I hope you like it.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...meonv2map.jpg/

Tactless! you insult me! You got wiped just as i was brought in

Very nice map as always Taii.

Great game guys, Fun wars too. till next week!

Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

That war would have been so much better if I had a good ally, you suck Tazen.

http://www.europa3.ru/cgi-bin/mpstat...&yearsave=1640

Look at epic russia, ray should be happy with the state it was left in.

Then look at the world in wonder and amazement

The Great European War (Landspain + France vs Burgundy, Austria, Italy) ends in White Peace!

The evil Germans were saved by mr 6 fire 6 shock doomgeneral, who inspired fear in his enemies and slaughtered many french and landspanish troops.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    SengokuVictoria 2

Holy ****, did somebody release GH from Russia or how did that happen?!?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast