Welcome to this After Action Report (AAR)
Short history Romania in World War II
The Romanians seized and lost much territory since 1859. In the Second World War the Hungarians, Bulgarians and Russians forced the Romanians to give up big parts of the country in order to avoid a war.
In 1940, Bessarabia and Bukovina were occupied by the USSR in accordance with the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact with Nazi Germany.
The Second Vienna Award was also disastrous for the Romanians. Mussolini and Hitler decided that Hungary is the rightful owner of (Northern) Transylvania.
If that wasnt enoguh, Romania had to give up Dobruja to the Bulgarians. Romania was forced to sign this Craiova Agreement by Nazi Germany.
After all, you can't say the Germans were very nice according to Romania. In september 1940 the fascist politician Ion Antonescu became the new leader of Romania. Soon they joined the Axis (23 november) and they fought with the Germans on the Eastern Front with around fifteen divisions.
The moment the Red Army was pulling the Axis back to their homelands, Romania surrendered (23 august 1944).
The main goal (for now) is to expand the Romanian border as much as possible. In order to succeed, I have set up some short term goals:
- Probably conquer Bulgaria, Greece, Albania, Yugoslavia
- If possible conquer Hungary (depends on the fact if they are in Axis or not) and Czechoslovakia
- I have some other possibilities in mind...
Some of my house rules in this AAR:
- I will play FTM 3.05.
- I don't play with any mods.
- No cheats or edited files.
- Manual control on everything
- Normal difficulty
Some other notes to keep in mind:
- This is my first AAR, so it's all new for me!
- Don't hesitate to give some hints and tips for this AAR!
- I will try to update this AAR regularly (few times a week).
- English is not my mother tongue (I'm Dutch!), so there will be some language errors...
- Please let me know if you are in.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1: Prepare for War
- Chapter 2: Romania vs Hungary
- Chapter 3: Romania as a regional superpower
- Chapter 4: Naval power without a navy?
- Chapter 5: Rise of the Romanian Kingdom?
- Chapter 6: Hurting the Italians
- Chapter 7: coming up!
Last update: 22 March 2012