• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Cant' for the love of me understand how trade works according to how the icons are displayed on the trade filter of the map... and I say it's critical to put these details in the guide.
Also, there's seemingly no way to build defense platform, the simplest models. Might be a missing tech problem but you would think such easy thing to do, when you're already capable of building a cruiser, wouldn't require any tech at all. No idea really...

How often will the guide be updated because patches change the game?

Not sure.... I guess would be the answer. When there is a need I would wager. Perhaps if as suggested in the opening thread, anyone has any particular aspects of the game they want written about, if they post here, it may get picked up and worked upon. :)

Let the DEVs know the Fleet Manager screen is still not responding... since you're there...

Please bring them the notice that if the interface doesn't support the game, adding new things is really counterproductive. It's already a mess as it is.

Check out how to repair ships with the repair ship and colony/station (something a 3 yr old child could do in SOTS and nobody seems to get to in SOTS2). The defense platforms are somehow difficult to understand (the only one I could find was the drone platform) we need the basic ones active AND the stations to be using defenses too.
Got interface problems with the rider manager, it's hard to click and fit in the riders in the carrier's slots also. All in all you see it's stupid problems, easy to fix but I guess... time taking unfortunately.

I pointed out the fact spectres only kill the crews, hence stations and ships should not be "lost" the way they are (rebuild station for 1 million credits when your orbiting station is up, working and ready but without crew because it was killed by the Spectres... damn).

We could use a tutorial on how to make trade work efficiently but really, I can tell the guys are working their asses off and SOTS2 is almost ready for 1.0 imho.

Im afraid that I dont have that sort of clout. Castewar does, so when he gets the chance to read this thread, Im sure hell take your comments into consideration.
As a player of the game I do appreciate the problems you are having. Though all I can suggest is that you keep posting your opinions and let the devs decide when they can fit any suggestions into the working schedule. Youve done what you can. I suggest you let the devs do what they have to do!

However, please ensure any future posts in this thread are not OFF-TOPIC.

Hey, Um I just got the game and I am still really lost on to make a profit and keep an empire from going into the red. I have read and tried things in the guide and I still can't make money. any tips would be a great addtion to this guide.

Hi, I've been really getting into Paradox games, and even though this wasn't developed by them I bought it anyway. Even with all my paradox experience I couldn't make heads or tails of this game. Massive thanks for the guide.

Race specific info isnt so much in the guide. What exactly is it you are after? How to research them? Use them? Get the best out of them?

You may find more responses if you post in the main game section rather than this thread
/ or /
directly on the Kerberos site.

Hi, Just bought the game last night and (with me being a total 4x n00b) decided to look around to see if I could find me any updated/recent video tutorials. I managed to stumble across one from June 2012 that runs almost 2hours.

Anyhow I thought I would add to the list of resources already in this thread.

Twitch video link - run time 1:56:24

Youtube link to the same video split into 8 15 minute clips.

Enjoy!

Last edited: