+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: NEW! Updated Beginners Guide - Version 1.3

Colonel Paradox Dev Team Regina's Avatar
    200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultElven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur II
    MagickaMajesty 2Majesty II CollectionEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

NEW! Updated Beginners Guide - Version 1.3

Hi there!

We are happy to say that we have an updated beginners guide for Sword of the Stars II - version 1.3 created by 2Coats!
    This guide has been created mainly for new players who have not played a 4x genre or strategy game before.
    It may be useful when playing through your first few games or if you are confused on what to do.

Download the Beginners Guide here:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Sword of the Stars II - Beginners Guide v1.3.pdf
Views:	35415
Size:	3.96 MB
ID:	51132

This guide should be used as a supplement to the Game Manual.
    It is packed with information on the basics of the game including; what to do and how-to do it, explaining how each of the main facts of the game should be used and when.
    If you have any comments or suggestions, please add them here and we will see if these can be added in a future update!

Please remember this is a beginner’s guide, so strategies are NOT included.
    As these can change over time, when new updates are published by the developers,
    it is best to consult these forums or the SotS II wiki, if you are looking for ideas on how to develop your strategies.

Here you can download the Sword of the Stars II manual:
    http://www.paradoxplaza.com/sites/de...manual_1.1.pdf

Here you can access the Sword of the Stars II wiki:
    http://sots2.rorschach.net/SotS2_Codex

Here is a Video Walkthrough for you!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGnIiV7BjQo

Thank you!

Cheers,
    Regina
    Last edited by Regina; 22-12-2011 at 11:46.
    Paradox Development Studio - Strategy is Our Game
    Do you want to show your support for us at PDS - the developers behind EU, CK, Hoi, Vicky & Runemaster?
    Feel free to "Like" us at Facebook: www.facebook.com/ParadoxDevelopmentStudio

I was tempted to stop reading at this point:
    Welcome to Sword of the Stars II. With its combination of sleek interface...
    But the guide is actually very nicely done and will doubtlessly be a great help for newcomers and veterans alike. Thanks for putting this together.

Restricted access until e-mail confirmed
    Sword of the Stars II

Wow, that guide looks very good... thanks for the good response and this thinks let uns know that you all are still in progress and do your best to make SOTSII a success

200k clubA Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Deus VultDungeonlandEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLead and Gold
    Leviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2Pirates of Black Cove
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventWarlock 2: The Exiled

Is it just me, or is the wiki not working?

Thank you so much for this guide. Wonderful.

there is a grammo - "Colonies are the lifeblood of you empire." Page 11.
    Daxon Flynn - BattleGoat Studios

Cheers for the beginner's guide, it looks like it has some very useful information in it.

Rorschach's wiki is good but it's missing a lot of information and hasn't been updated in a while. The wikia which was setup (I forget who by, apologies) is getting a lot more updates and information to it: http://sotsii.wikia.com/wiki/Sword_of_the_Stars_2_Wiki

It's definitely worth including that link in the OP.

or getting rorschach to mirror all of the wikia's content, perhaps.
    i've always found it odd that most people start to flout Grice's maxims as soon as they get onto online forums.

Thanks for the guide. I don't wish to sound cynical or anything like that but I just don't see the point of releasing a guide for a game that is in a broken state at the moment. Maybe it will be more useful if they manage to fix the game by the end of the year (I hope.) =/

Restricted access until e-mail confirmed
    Sword of the Stars II

Thanks for it... and keep on going the good work... i beliveing you do a great game in near future...

A 46 page Beginner's Guide? You guys have been working hard... thanks a lot, even veterans will find it useful and beginners will definitely need it!

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3SengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II

Naples, Campania, Italy, 115247758487174, Naples, Italy
    Ah................................................ ....................... GREAT!

10+ Years on the Forum Demi Moderator SAS's Avatar
    81 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDiplomacyFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourMarch of the EaglesRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the VikingsMagicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
    Warlock 2: The Exiled

Blog Entries
    Thanks Regina and Team.
    - March of the Eagles mod: The Gods

- When I speak in Cyan its as a Demi-Moderator. Please review the following links: FAQ / Forum Rules / General Usage

Corporal
    Sword of the StarsSword of the Stars II

Quote Originally Posted by NerdRage View Post
    Thanks for the guide. I don't wish to sound cynical or anything like that but I just don't see the point of releasing a guide for a game that is in a broken state at the moment. Maybe it will be more useful if they manage to fix the game by the end of the year (I hope.) =/
    There are different teams doing different things, some code, others knowledge. This is a great addition and no need to pollute with such comments in this thread.

It's a good guide. A fair number of grammatical errors but the content is really useful. Thanks!

Awesome! Things are really comming together piece by piece, i do hope you guys feel satisfied that youre homing in on the goal! Keep up the good work!

Colonel Paradox Dev Team Regina's Avatar
    200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultElven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur II
    MagickaMajesty 2Majesty II CollectionEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Hey everone!

We have added an updated beginners guide for Sots2 now,
    so please download the 1.1 version!

Let us know if you are missing anything!

Cheers,
    Regina
    Paradox Development Studio - Strategy is Our Game
    Do you want to show your support for us at PDS - the developers behind EU, CK, Hoi, Vicky & Runemaster?
    Feel free to "Like" us at Facebook: www.facebook.com/ParadoxDevelopmentStudio

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3SengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II

Naples, Campania, Italy, 115247758487174, Naples, Italy
    Much appreciated, thanks!

Corporal
    Sword of the Stars II

Hi Regina,

This is sort of related to the beginners thread (well, stretching it a bit?)... the sotspedia mentions books (actual paperbacks) dealing with the background story being available October 2011... question is where are they available? Could you post some suggestions of where I might be able to order/buy the paperback versions- yes, reading books is still alive and still fun!...lol... I might not be able to play the game yet but I sure would like to read the stories...Thanks in advance...

Hoi 2 Beta

Quote Originally Posted by hounds51 View Post
    Hi Regina,

This is sort of related to the beginners thread (well, stretching it a bit?)... the sotspedia mentions books (actual paperbacks) dealing with the background story being available October 2011... question is where are they available? Could you post some suggestions of where I might be able to order/buy the paperback versions- yes, reading books is still alive and still fun!...lol... I might not be able to play the game yet but I sure would like to read the stories...Thanks in advance...
    Here you go: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005WL8QGM
    I hope this is what you were after.

For more see: http://arinndembo.com/?page_id=497
    Though I suspect that other material its going to be rather limited.

Please start a new thread for any questions or comments NOT specifically related to the BEGINNERS GUIDE.
    For God, King and Country - A MARCH OF THE EAGLES AAR
    "That there is one damn fine coat you're wearin'." x2 - Marv, Sin City.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast