• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Just avoid the main enemy army. Cap one of their territories if they settle down to siege one of yours. If you can keep trading approximately 1 for 1 then maybe you can eventually get some kind of a peace, even becoming a vassal because it's still fairly easy to expand as a vassal. This is what I've had most success with.

Try to use Ninjas on his Honor as everyone's is low at game start, although there's not much chance of getting a ninja clan offer with so few provinces. I didn't have much luck with attempted Plots, either.

I've mostly started the original earlier scenario with Mori. Even though it's a one-province vassal, it's an easier start, and breaking away from your clan is made easier due to the map location situation.

Ah thats why I couldn't find the Mori clan... it's 1551. :)

Listen, did you check about the levy reset? When Amago raises its levy does it get expended in its provinces?

Ah thats why I couldn't find the Mori clan... it's 1551. :)

Listen, did you check about the levy reset? When Amago raises its levy does it get expended in its provinces?

I think yes but I'll double check that.

Just avoid the main enemy army. Cap one of their territories if they settle down to siege one of yours. If you can keep trading approximately 1 for 1 then maybe you can eventually get some kind of a peace, even becoming a vassal because it's still fairly easy to expand as a vassal. This is what I've had most success with.

Try to use Ninjas on his Honor as everyone's is low at game start, although there's not much chance of getting a ninja clan offer with so few provinces. I didn't have much luck with attempted Plots, either.

I've mostly started the original earlier scenario with Mori. Even though it's a one-province vassal, it's an easier start, and breaking away from your clan is made easier due to the map location situation.

Please take a try, maybe I'm just not good at this game. My army with very good general couldn't even win when defending with mountain and river terrain, I'm even thinking the AI is cheating since my dice roll is so bad every time. I only won once with great casualty and then got crushed again by the reinforcement of Amago. It seems that if I raise the levies from my provinces really pissed off Amago and they just pulling all their army to conqure my land without even caring about their east line. The clan to the east easily grabbed two or three lands from Amago without any resistance.

Sakura and I made this 1551 scenario for the mod with the changed map and then the developers offered us to add this into the game, but with the vanilla map. So there might be some game balance issues, because we didn't have enough time to test it with the vanilla map. I think the wars need some considerations even for the mod itself, so I don't think it is cheating.
By the way, the Mori in 1551 was historically not too strong. They had a chance, but if Ouchi Yoshitaka was not killed by Sue Harukata, they could not expand their territory so quickly. The problem of the weak Mori in game is too strong Amago on the one hand, and on the other hand the Ouchi tend to fight against the Otomo and they are passive at the eastern front (this is an AI issue), I guess.

So, that being said, this 1551 scenario is a MOD? No offensive but that might explain some of my questions. Are you guys still working on the mod to make it more balanced? If yes I can just wait till next patch or something. And another question is shall I go back and play the vanilla? Is the vanilla balanced enough that I can pick any of the clan without having the Mori-1551 situation? If yes, I'm happy to start some new vanilla games.

As for Mori I still think they are underpowered due to the missing of the navy in this game. At least they should get some economic advantage or something to balance it.

So, that being said, this 1551 scenario is a MOD? No offensive but that might explain some of my questions. Are you guys still working on the mod to make it more balanced? If yes I can just wait till next patch or something. And another question is shall I go back and play the vanilla? Is the vanilla balanced enough that I can pick any of the clan without having the Mori-1551 situation? If yes, I'm happy to start some new vanilla games.

As for Mori I still think they are underpowered due to the missing of the navy in this game. At least they should get some economic advantage or something to balance it.

The 1551 scenario was a MOD, but when it was included into the official patch, it became a part of the vanilla.
I don't think we can make radical changes for the 1551 scenario in the patch 1.03, but as mod, there is always a place of improvements. I am continueing to add characters and Sakura will make provinces more characteristic (as far as I heard). So if you have suggestions, please let us know in the thread of the mod subforum.

The 1551 scenario was a MOD, but when it was included into the official patch, it became a part of the vanilla.
I don't think we can make radical changes for the 1551 scenario in the patch 1.03, but as mod, there is always a place of improvements. I am continueing to add characters and Sakura will make provinces more characteristic (as far as I heard). So if you have suggestions, please let us know in the thread of the mod subforum.

I'd like to see the provinces varies with their specific characteristics. That was something I felt unrealistic when I just got the game. Every province is same in tax income and levy quantities. Maybe you need to add the specialty and trading system for each province like what EU3 or Rome does. That could create a lot strategies if some of the key resources determines the army's size/strength or even more. For example:

Takeda is famous for their gold mine but they don't produce salt. They need to trade for salt to keep their soldier in good morale and health. If no one is selling salt to them their army strength would be lowered and there is a risk that the people may even start rebelling.

Also the buildings should be in more variety and functional than just giving some simple buffs. You can build market in your province and eventually build a trading center like in EU3 to have better tax and trade income.

Finally, why there is no archer? Archer should be able to beat horseman with ashigaru levies standing in the front.

That's all I have for now, I'll take a look at the mod forum and maybe will have more thoughts.

Please take a try, maybe I'm just not good at this game. My army with very good general couldn't even win when defending with mountain and river terrain, I'm even thinking the AI is cheating since my dice roll is so bad every time.

There is a bug right now that makes some AI armies' levies instantly regenerate in some regular cases. So you may also be experiencing this very lopsided AI advanatge which should be fixed in next update.

Considering you start out so disadvantaged, that bug can only multiply your difficulty.

I wonder if the games design should allow for every clan to be playable. In EU III there are a lot of countries who are just suicide missions unless you are extremely lucky (Cormores, Ryuku, Granada etc.). Maybe it's the same with Mori. They are not meant to survive.

i have actually seen Mori rise up to power, swallowing Amago taking hold of the region as per history, and more than once, but in most cases, i'm too busy focusing my attention on where i am playing, to monitor their rise to power, by the time i realize this, they're already the 2nd or 3rd powerful clan

I wonder if the games design should allow for every clan to be playable. In EU III there are a lot of countries who are just suicide missions unless you are extremely lucky (Cormores, Ryuku, Granada etc.). Maybe it's the same with Mori. They are not meant to survive.

Agreed. I just gave up Granada recently.

I survived as Mori under very easy difficulty.
1. Before un-pause, get a wife with 14 or higher military stat (mine is 17). Mori have 15 military, you want to get it higher than 22. Amago's army will have 20 military stat.
2. Raise tax to increase your income, very easy will allow you 8 retinue total, keep making retinues!
3. Don't call your levy at the beginning, this will make Amago forces all coming at you. Wait for them to fight at east front before you raise levies.
4. Fight Amago main army with defensive battle at mountain province, depending on where they come from, they will get -2 or -3 penalty, and you will get a +2 or more military stat bonusThis will allow you to beat Amago army with limited loss, chase the losing army if Amago's second main army is still on east front.
By this time, your two sons should have retinue sieging Amago provinces. Take as many Amago province as possible, but avoid their second main army until you have terrain advantage.