• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yes, are you going to do more?

If all else fails, you could just host the pictures elsewhere and just supply the unimbedded links?

He said this was it earlier in the thread. As for elsewhere hosting, that's probably a breach of NDA.

This is pretty good. Would like to see even more AARs. Also what would be really awesome would be a "Let's Play" video put on youtube.

attachment.php

Really digging the interface. The tabs seem very handy.

A bit confused about the characters on the map. Are they members of your court sent abroad on missions? Are they the characters displayed on the active tab?

attachment.php

For instance, on this one, the fellow standing in Dunbar is presumably its Duke, to judge from the little tag. Makes sense, but what's the deal with the trio standing in Fife? Are they the players courtiers (I'd guess bishop, marshal and chancellor/steward)? Or are they the player's vassals, representing a baron, bishop and maybe a town?

If I had to guess, I'd say this is some sort of diplomacy map-mode showing Orabilia's vassals and her immediate liege.

Also, I love that AI lieges will now reward players for being loyal friends! Makes total sense that the King would take lands from a troublesome vassal and give them to an old friend/in-law who has a "legitimate" claim on them. Gives the player another way to climb the social ladder.

I'd be interested in seeing this continue. For instance, what will happen when either the King or Orabilia dies? Without that personal bond of friendship, will the crown start to regret making the MacDuib so powerful?

A bit confused about the characters on the map. Are they members of your court sent abroad on missions? Are they the characters displayed on the active tab?

For instance, on this one, the fellow standing in Dunbar is presumably its Duke, to judge from the little tag. Makes sense, but what's the deal with the trio standing in Fife? Are they the players courtiers (I'd guess bishop, marshal and chancellor/steward)? Or are they the player's vassals, representing a baron, bishop and maybe a town?

If I had to guess, I'd say this is some sort of diplomacy map-mode showing Orabilia's vassals and her immediate liege.

Those are the court members sent out on missions. It's shown and explained in Johan's video preview of the game here: http://sv.twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive Check it out, it's good stuff.

Glad to see it's possible to play both female and gay characters. The latter opens the possibility for having a character surpass Alexander's conquests in all regards.

Really digging the interface. The tabs seem very handy.

A bit confused about the characters on the map. Are they members of your court sent abroad on missions?
Yes. Those guys are councilors doing research for new techs. Check out Doomdark's dev diary on the Council. (I see that Frezzin beat me to this.)

That's Orabilia's chancellor. He's in Dunbar forging some documents that will permit her to claim the county.

I'm curious why it says "Fertility: -15.0% (monthly)". Surely it isn't cumulative, where you eventually reach 0 fertility (or next to zero)...

Also, yes, I'm curious, can one take on a lover of the same gender then? I recall some nobility having "favorites", though that may be out of CK's time frame.

The graphics look so good!

"Monthly" truly is mysterious. My best guess is that means that if you're gay on the first you have that 15% penalty every month, even if you get all pious and replace homosexual with chaste on the third. The only flaw with this theory is that it implies there're some traits that are annual/bi-annual/etc., and I can't think of any trait that would make sense for.

As for lovers I sincerely doubt there's gonna be a straight-lover feature. It looks a lot like we'll get what we got in CK1. One-off events every time you sleep around. Which means a gay event could be cool from flavor purposes, but in gameplay terms the only potential effect is that you might be caught.

Regardless I doubt our source Kreigspieller can answer these questions. He's under heavy NDA, and could only post this mini-AAR after clearing it with Johan, which means if we're getting an answer it'll probably come straight from Johan himself.

Nick

-15% means that the normal monthly chance to get pregnant is now 15% lower. As in, was 10% per month, is now 8.5% per month. So you need 15% longer to achieve pregnancy.

As shown, she still has three children even with this trait.

Hope you enjoy this.. There will be more in the future..

I will be holding you to that... Also, that AAR was awesome! CK II appears to be able to seize upon weaknesses of CK I and turn them into strengths of the new game! This has got to be one of my most highly anticipated games for the past 6 months!

This is very nice. But I confess to one worry. Suppose I am playing a larger realm, perhaps even a kingdom. If I have to manage this level of intrigue and character planning for my entire court, wouldn't it get to be overwhelming after a while?

I suppose as a king, you will have all your vassals fighting for their own titles between them. In this example, the king attacked a bad vassal and give a reward to a good one which appeared to have the claims, so he doesn't mind about the tiers that are below unless one of them threaten him. If the countess (now duchess) would have intriged to become Scotland's queen, no doubt he would have crushed her.

Essentially, I think a king should worry when all is too calm in his kingdom, because that means either that no-one has any ambition or that they are planning to give him trouble. This is counterweight however by the fact that you know what are your relationship to those people. So basically, you have to worry about people from your rank or just below you, maybe also if a character is really successful, but you won't have to interfer if you are the HRE in a plot created by counts of nowhere about the poor duchy of whatever.