+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sverige?

F-CEO of EUIV:MEIOU and Taxes gigau's Avatar
    83 games registered

200k clubEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Roaming zombishly... looking for icooooonsssss !
    Blog Entries
    Then again, funding rebels isn't the same as sending troops. Denmark didn't gain Skane through defection, Denmark sent troops and the Kingdom of Sweden accepted to give back Skane.
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • Europa Universalis IV •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Franηais | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    • Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3 •
    • Ainsi Je Frappe - the level 1 unit sprite revamp. •
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop
    • Awarded the SAS Award for Forum Dedication •
    • Vice-Zombiemaster of the Icon Zombie Club ! •

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

Having the south Swedish (/East Danish ) rebels as pretenders and giving Denmark Military Access in Sweden is enough to enable Denmark to intervene and the AI might do it, given that there is a strait. That would make return of the provinces to Denmark solely dependant on the Swedish goodwill or war, historically accurate
    The epic battle for a WC under the BB limit continues in HttT:
    Oui nous pouvons - A HTTT British WC while staying under the BB-limit

83 games registered

200k clubEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Blog Entries
    I'll run a few tests to see if Denmark actually intervenes against rebels if it has military access.
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Franηais | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    • Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3 •
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop

Quote Originally Posted by gigau View Post
    I'll run a few tests to see if Denmark actually intervenes against rebels if it has military access.
    I've seen it happen with vassals killing rebels inside their master's country but I don't think it would work unless denmark and sweden were at least allied.

Then again, funding rebels isn't the same as sending troops.
    Depends how literally you take the anachronistic standing armies you get in this game. If those rebels are mercenaries and the danish army is mostly mercenaries anyway then its pretty much the same thing. You could even add a manpower cost to denmark for spawning the rebels.

Denmark didn't gain Skane through defection, Denmark sent troops and the Kingdom of Sweden accepted to give back Skane.
    Denmark can invade Sweden and take a province no matter what's going on.

You could add an event or decision that seceds Skane to denmark in return for some bonus.

83 games registered

Blog Entries
    Dznmark doesn't seem to intervene as much as i'd like it to, when we use the pretender rebel option. If we were to use this option, i'd have the king of Sweden not give skane if Denmark doesn't send troops (it was after all the terms of the accord).

The slight other bonus of having a two nations option is so you can play the rebel. To which statement, i know you'll say "and what about the other rebels ?"
    •

What about manpower reduction?

83 games registered

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by leppuno View Post
    What about manpower reduction?
    What for ?
    •

to symbolize sending troops. Maybe a decision which grants Sweden units and temporary forcelimit increase while Denmark loses manpower and gold.
    Then when there are no more pretender rebels, Sweden will cede Skane.

If Denmark refuses, Sweden won't cede Skane.

83 games registered

Blog Entries
    Well, i'm not sure i like this way of modelling the situation. Sweden will keep the regiments, although they should return them to Denmark.

Never looked at that, but anyone has any idea about what AI nation do with mercenary regiments they recruited during wars ? do they keep 'em or do they disband those regiments ?
    •

Topaz-Fisted Demi-God Moderator Mr. Capiatlist's Avatar
    200k clubCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEast India Company
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Warlock: Master of the Arcane
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by leppuno View Post
    to symbolize sending troops. Maybe a decision which grants Sweden units and temporary forcelimit increase while Denmark loses manpower and gold.
    Then when there are no more pretender rebels, Sweden will cede Skane.

If Denmark refuses, Sweden won't cede Skane.
    Well, i'm not sure i like this way of modelling the situation. Sweden will keep the regiments, although they should return them to Denmark.

Never looked at that, but anyone has any idea about what AI nation do with mercenary regiments they recruited during wars ? do they keep 'em or do they disband those regiments ?
    Maybe a decision that cuts tax efficiency and the manpower pool for Denmark while also giving Sweden a small lump sum of cash, a manpower pool bonus and faster troop recruitment for as long as Denmark has their version going (maybe 1 or 2 years).
    -Mr. Capiatlist (Ink well):

When I speak in Rose, I do so as a Moderator. :: Forum Rules | AARland Rules 1 | Rules 2 | Interactivity Rules
    (Never quote or otherwise publicly respond to my rose text. If you have a problem: PM me.)

83 games registered

Blog Entries
    Possibly. But wasn't it said that AI had trouble disbanding regiment following changes of manpower pools due to modifiers ?
    •

A Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    King Arthur IIMagickaMarch of the EaglesRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

It seems you need to remove all "sverige" cores after swedish unification.
    Because else after time and next losed war "Sverige" returns to the map to complete player confusion.

83 games registered

Blog Entries
    Thought that the cores were automatically removed... might not have taken in account so situations. thanks for the report.
    •

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneMagickaNaval War: Arctic CircleVictoria 2

Sverige used to pop-up in 5.1, but tbh I have not seen it yet in 5.2

Although my knowledge of the succession war is fairly limited, as afaik it is pretty historical accurate and it would make denmark function as it used to.
    Yes it wastes a tag, but it needs some serious coding for events and such to make it work another way. And not everybody has sverige/sweden rather than a working 100 year war (just saying resources should be spend wisely).
    Tbh, if you have a pretty well working system, why change it?

On a further note, I even wanted to have the same mechanism for the Hook and Cod wars in Holland at the start date, only thing against that is the severely limited number of provinces making this impossible.
    It's the same kind of situation (ruler vs pretender) and at the start date of the gamethey both rule a part of the count(r)y. Also the country itself has several advantages over a rebel, which makes the battle uneven.

Possibly. But wasn't it said that AI had trouble disbanding regiment following changes of manpower pools due to modifiers ?
    If Sverige wins the initial war, they can retain their Sverige cores on Swedish culture territories when they switch tags to Sweden.

When Sweden wins, the rebel cores are removed everywhere. One other thing I have noticed about Sweden: Due to the large number of wars that get fought in Scandinavia, Ostergotland is released really frequently. Whenever I've seen this happen, I have yet to see Sweden recover, since it tends to take the few valuable provinces from Sweden.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivve View Post
    And not everybody has sverige/sweden rather than a working 100 year war (just saying resources should be spend wisely).
    Talking of the HYW, shouldn't the Breton succession war have a similar system to the Swedish one? Both sides start as vassals and vassals can't form nations even if they take the territory (which they don't) so Monfort+Blois stick around until they're diplo-annexed. And their cores never go away either, so you can have either of them suddenly break away from France in 1800.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneMagickaNaval War: Arctic CircleVictoria 2

Me personally am not familiar at all of the specifics of the 100-year war, so I cannot answer your question, maybe someone with more knowledge about that part of history can.

83 games registered

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizzle View Post
    Talking of the HYW, shouldn't the Breton succession war have a similar system to the Swedish one? Both sides start as vassals and vassals can't form nations even if they take the territory (which they don't) so Monfort+Blois stick around until they're diplo-annexed. And their cores never go away either, so you can have either of them suddenly break away from France in 1800.
    Good idea, thanks. wish i had thought about it
    •

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2