+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sverige?

Sverige?

What exactly is Sverige? It's on the map in 1356, and I find it confusing because, being proficient in Swedish I read it as Sweden.

It's one half of a Swedish succession war. It's confusing, but apparently that's the only way to do it. If 'Sverige' wins, they tag-switch to Sweden.
    俺はMEIOUずきだ。

Quote Originally Posted by Sjiveru View Post
    It's one half of a Swedish succession war. It's confusing, but apparently that's the only way to do it. If 'Sverige' wins, they tag-switch to Sweden.
    Like Lancaster and York?

That makes sense, though it's rather jarring.

EDIT: Out of curiosity, why isn't England split into York and Lancaster during the Wars of the Roses? The country files seem to be there. Is this unfinished?

Ship Simulator Extremes

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Appletree View Post
    Like Lancaster and York?

That makes sense, though it's rather jarring.

EDIT: Out of curiosity, why isn't England split into York and Lancaster during the Wars of the Roses? The country files seem to be there. Is this unfinished?
    York and Lancaster can revolt away even in Vanilla DW. It's very rare and difficult to force though.

Quote Originally Posted by DDRJake View Post
    York and Lancaster can revolt away even in Vanilla DW. It's very rare and difficult to force though.
    I noticed it wasn't in the history for vanilla DW either after spotting it in MEIOU. I'll make a thread about the subject for vanilla, and then make a thread about it for MEIOU later.
    Make mods? If your mod includes more provinces in the British Isles, especially in Wales, Ireland, the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands, I'd love to try it.

Ship Simulator Extremes

What do you mean? They are right there in the history folder for DW: LAN and YOR.

Samuel de Champlain vol. II GregElSho's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSengokuSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne

He probably doesn't mean they're not in the history folder, but rather that they don't appear on the map if you browse the starting dates, even though they should, since they historically did.

Quote Originally Posted by GregElSho View Post
    He probably doesn't mean they're not in the history folder, but rather that they don't appear on the map if you browse the starting dates, even though they should, since they historically did.
    She, and that is exactly what I mean.
    Make mods? If your mod includes more provinces in the British Isles, especially in Wales, Ireland, the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands, I'd love to try it.

Ship Simulator Extremes

Ah, well I can't really say but if I had to guess, it would be for balance issues. If you wanted to pummel England you could do it in those years when they are divided.

Or perhaps it was not considered at all, who's to say?

Samuel de Champlain vol. II GregElSho's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSengokuSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Appletree View Post
    She
    Sorry about that, ma'am. Applying internet rules, sorry if that offended you.

Quote Originally Posted by DDRJake View Post
    Or perhaps it was not considered at all, who's to say?
    Well, given somebody took the time to design these particular two tags, I'm inclined to think it was at least a little bit considered.
    Maybe they dropped the idea half-way through, for balance, lack of time or whatever reasons, but I think they initially wanted to somehow have a go a the war of the roses.

F-CEO of EUIV:MEIOU and Taxes gigau's Avatar
    93 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandHearts of Iron: The Card GameCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Roaming zombishly... looking for icooooonsssss !
    Blog Entries
    Yay ! first time i see a lady on these forums... and she plays MEIOU ! \o/

I've been thinking about a scenario for the War of the Roses, using the two tags, indeed. Lack of time and the wish of having a working Hundred Years' War scenario operationnal have caused this delay.
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • Europa Universalis IV •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Franηais | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    • Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3 •
    • Ainsi Je Frappe - the level 1 unit sprite revamp. •
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop
    • Awarded the SAS Award for Forum Dedication •
    • Vice-Zombiemaster of the Icon Zombie Club ! •

Quote Originally Posted by gigau View Post
    Yay ! first time i see a lady on these forums... and she plays MEIOU ! \o/

I've been thinking about a scenario for the War of the Roses, using the two tags, indeed. Lack of time and the wish of having a working Hundred Years' War scenario operationnal have caused this delay.
    I'm not actually sure if separate York and Lancaster tags would be appropriate for the WotR; AFAIK it was more a period of dynastic political manoeuvring with intermittent engagements (St. Albans, Tewkebury etc) rather than a full-blown civil war as was the case in the English Civil War.
    It is not sufficient that I succeed- all others must fail- Genghis Khan

Why not use pretender rebels instead of Sverige? It's only there the first one or two years, I don't think this justifies a whole tag.

93 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandHearts of Iron: The Card GameCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlord123 View Post
    Why not use pretender rebels instead of Sverige? It's only there the first one or two years, I don't think this justifies a whole tag.
    Using pretender rebels, as it is, doesn't allow for Denmark to intervene as they historically did. This will also make Sweden holding its end of the bargain tougher.

I can try to make something to work around it. But i'll need time, as there is a long list of things i need to work on first.
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Franηais | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    • Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3 •
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop

I'm working on a War of the Roses scenario using those tags for my own mod but really, pretender rebels make more sense for how the war historically played out. Its just that the pretender rebel mechanic is kind of poor. One stack of units is never going to take over a multi-province country unless someone lets it.

Ship Simulator Extremes

Quote Originally Posted by Closet Skeleton View Post
    I'm working on a War of the Roses scenario using those tags for my own mod but really, pretender rebels make more sense for how the war historically played out. Its just that the pretender rebel mechanic is kind of poor. One stack of units is never going to take over a multi-province country unless someone lets it.
    If I'm not mistaken, the pretender rebels need only take one province before an event can fire making more pop up.

But still, pretender rebels are most damaging when a country is at its weakest, having lost all their army and money from war.

93 games registered

Blog Entries
    Well, given what i know of the War of the Roses, i was indeed thinking that pretender rebels could do the trick.

However, when you feel like it, could i see your code, please ? (you could send it by PM or mail)
    •

Topaz-Fisted Demi-God Moderator Mr. Capiatlist's Avatar
    200k clubCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEast India Company
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IVWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Blog Entries
    If you are switching the rebels to pretenders, change the ones in Skane as danish patriots so they might actually switch back to Denmark. Maybe have it in the history that they seized the provinces a year or so previous.
    -Mr. Capiatlist (Ink well):

When I speak in Rose, I do so as a Moderator. :: Forum Rules | AARland Rules 1 | Rules 2 | Interactivity Rules
    (Never quote or otherwise publicly respond to my rose text. If you have a problem: PM me.)

93 games registered

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Capiatlist View Post
    If you are switching the rebels to pretenders, change the ones in Skane as danish patriots so they might actually switch back to Denmark. Maybe have it in the history that they seized the provinces a year or so previous.
    Except that, in truth they were pretender rebels, not patriots. And in another thread, some are criticising me for chosing gameplay over historical accuracy
    •

I started a thread in the main forum about my war of the rose stuff so you can find most of my code in there.

If you want Denmark to be able to intervene in a rebellion couldn't you just add an event that gave Denmark the option of paying some money to spawn more rebels in Sweden? Not that they can't so that anyway with spies but it would give the AI some incouragement.

If fact you could do that for any country, since that sort of thing happened a lot, with Ireland, Burgundy and France backing a lot of English pretenders. Its kind of already in the game with a standard event (event 5091 support for dissidents abroad) you can get but adding an extra one that's more direct could make sense.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast