• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an update for those who are interested. I decided that to end the AAR, since playing the game at this point is quite boring since nothing is going on in Europe, the Comintern has a total of around 10 ships (most are mine), and I don't really have the patience to sit around and wait 4 years to build up my navy, especially considering my naval techs are near-zero.

However, I do have enough pictures for a final close-out chapter, including the tech screenshots you guys have been asking for, so there will be one more update before this AAR is finished.

That's a pity, this was one of my favourites. I look forward to the last update and hope we get to see a new AAR from you sometime afterwards!

It was a nice story and a big victory for the commies, now i'll go look at your select a new country thread to see where we go next :)

Chapter 20: The People's Republic of Korea - April 8, 1946 to May 15, 1946

As the PLA surged forward, the IJA was unable to muster the strength to resist. Battered, demoralized, outnumbered, and outgunned the IJA refused to admit defeat. On April 12, the amphibious attack on the city of Suwon was repulsed, with the IJA losing 4 infantry divisions. Undeterred, the IJA launched another attack on the city of Mokpo on April 20, which was quickly defeated. The IJA lost another 4 infantry divisions in the failed raid. The defenses of India fared no better, and on May 2 the Bengal city of Dhaka was liberated by PLA soldiers and Iran's expeditionary forces in eastern India were crushed.

The Battle of Dhaka eliminated the bulk of India's defenders stationed in the east

As India's defenses crumbled, Japan's last remaining stronghold on the Asian continent was liberated by the PLA in a series of battles. The First Battle of Pusan lasted from May 1 to May 5, and saw losses of 2,351 KIA on the PLA side and 5,649 KIA for the Japanese. The Second Battle of Pusan began on May 6 and lasted until May 11. Despite the ability of the IJA's air bomber wing to operate unnopposed and the IJN supporting the defense of the port city using carrier-based aircraft, none of those efforts were able to save the roughly 16 divisions and 15 field HQs from the PLA's onslaught.

The Second Battle of Pusan was a crushing blow to Japan's army

The capture of the city signaled Japan's expulsion from the Asian mainland, and on May 15 the People's Republic of Korea was declared a sovereign nation under the guidance of the PRC. The only point of contention between China's creation of the new Korean state and the Soviet Union were the areas of northern Korea under Soviet occupation. As with the Soviet-occupied provinces of Manchuria, the USSR's illegal occupation would cause tensions to rise in the future, but due to the pressing war with the Entente Powers it was agreed to let the matter rest in the short term.

The initial borders of the People's Republic of Korea
prke.jpg

The creation of the PRK closes this period of WW3. At this point the PLA was the amongst the most modern armies in the world, but the PLAAF was composed entirely of small interceptor aircraft and the PLAN was still in its infancy. The state of the Chinese economy was such that no major increases in spending could be afforded to correct the air and naval deficiencies in the short term. To use simplified terms, the PRC's military-industrial complex had 157 units of industrial capacity. Aside from the 4 destroyer flotillas under construction, the majority of the PRC's budget was being spent on building air fields in Dihua, Shanghai, and Qingdao and on the construction of 20 industrial complexes and improving the Kaohsiung coastal defenses. In short, while the PRC was fully capable of liberating the rest of Asia from the imperialists, it would not be able to take the fight to the Entente itself. Due to its overwhelming naval superiority, the Entente could strike wherever and whenever it chose, and would be unwilling to negotiate any form of cease fire.

Military breakdown of the Communist International

Summary of the PLA's infantry weapons

Summary of the PLAN's submarine and destroyer programs

Summary of the PLAAF's light fighter program

Summary of the state of the PRC's industrial improvements

Summary of the PLA's training programs

Summary of the PLA's operational doctrine

The world on May 15, 1946

------------------------------------------------

And thus the final chapter is concluded. Thank you to everyone who followed this. It had a rocky start due to my funky work schedule (70 hours a week isn't fun :(), but it proved to be very entertaining for me up until the end. The prospect of sitting and waiting to build up a navy from 0 techs is what killed the end game for me, though looking at where I ended up at given I only had 3 LS to start and was fighting for survival, I don't think there was much I could've done to speed up the naval research.

Last edited:
I patiently await your next AAR :) This one was fantastic.

Great read. Thank you for some good entertainment.

I'm looking forward to you next AAR as Japan using HPPs FTM version.

Cheers
Moe

What happened to this AAR?

And thus the final chapter is concluded. Thank you to everyone who followed this. It had a rocky start due to my funky work schedule (70 hours a week isn't fun :(), but it proved to be very entertaining for me up until the end. The prospect of sitting and waiting to build up a navy from 0 techs is what killed the end game for me, though looking at where I ended up at given I only had 3 LS to start and was fighting for survival, I don't think there was much I could've done to speed up the naval research.

The last paragraph of the last chapter explains it all ;) I didn't find the idea of sitting and doing nothing while trying to build a navy that was modern and large enough to beat the Allies to be fun, especially at the slow speed the game was going at.

Status
Not open for further replies.