Closed Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13

Thread: Jiěfng Zhnzhēng - A Chinese HPP AAR

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIHOI3: Their Finest HourMagickaSword of the Stars II
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessV2 Beta500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Just an update for those who are interested. I decided that to end the AAR, since playing the game at this point is quite boring since nothing is going on in Europe, the Comintern has a total of around 10 ships (most are mine), and I don't really have the patience to sit around and wait 4 years to build up my navy, especially considering my naval techs are near-zero.

However, I do have enough pictures for a final close-out chapter, including the tech screenshots you guys have been asking for, so there will be one more update before this AAR is finished.
    The Historical Plausibility Project - 1.0.4 (final) for HoI3, 2.04 (final) for SF, 3.0.0 (final) for FtM, 3.3.2 (beta) for TFH
    Alt-History: Code Geass Timeline - v1.8 for Victoria 2: A House Divided (final), v2.2 for Heart of Darkness, based on the Pop Demand mod

My AARs:
    Banner of the White Sun - an HPP 1.0 (final HOI3) Nationalist China AAR - DONE
    Teutonic Dreams - an HPP 1.7.3 (mid-SF) Germany AAR - Done
    Jiěfng Zhnzhēng - A Chinese HPP 2.04 (final SF) AAR - Done
    Kantai Kessen - Empire of Japan HPP 2.6.71a (mid-FTM) AAR - Last update April 16, 2013 - Abandoned

My information thread about ww2 naval expansion for the world's naval powers, large and small. Last update August 22, 2013; reworked the Soviet entry.

Lady of the North Star Demi Moderator Saithis's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    That's a pity, this was one of my favourites. I look forward to the last update and hope we get to see a new AAR from you sometime afterwards!
    Sai's Inkwell - Click here to see more of my writing!
    Ongoing AARs:
    Valour of the North Star - Chronicles of the Hvide Clan: CK2 Narrative AAR, Last Updated: 9th June 2013
    Last Man and Shilling - Semper Fi HPP AustraliAAR: HOI3 SF HPP History-Book AAR, Last Updated: 9th June 2013
    Blood and Gold - The Second Spanish Republic: HOI3 FTM HPP History-Book/Narrative AAR, Last Updated: 18th August 2012
    Kings of Qritani - A Tale of Picts and Celts: Rome Narrative AAR, Last Updated: 4th September, 2012
    Sai Plays Game of Thrones: Burning Down Westeros: CK2 AGOT Gameplay Video AAR, Last Updated: 6th September, 2012
    If I type in this elegant Red, I am speaking in an official capacity as an AARland Demi-Moderator.
    Forum Rules | AARland FAQ | AARland Rules 1 | Rules 2

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Understand completely. There is a right time to conclude any campaign. Looking forward to a tidy finish though!

It was a nice story and a big victory for the commies, now i'll go look at your select a new country thread to see where we go next

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourIron CrossMarch of the Eagles
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club

excellent performance!
    HPP LibrAARian. PM me about any change in the status of your HPP AARs. http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-Update-Thread
    Germany Tutorial, Take Two: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...2#post13243122 or find it in the Major Threads sticky.
    Tutorial AAR in pdf form available on Gamefront, courtesy of Davy: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7H...it?usp=sharing
    Honoured by USKnight for the above tutorial here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...1#post14404907
    Current EU IV AAR: La Douce France http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...1#post17163635

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIHOI3: Their Finest HourMagickaSword of the Stars II

Chapter 20: The People's Republic of Korea - April 8, 1946 to May 15, 1946

As the PLA surged forward, the IJA was unable to muster the strength to resist. Battered, demoralized, outnumbered, and outgunned the IJA refused to admit defeat. On April 12, the amphibious attack on the city of Suwon was repulsed, with the IJA losing 4 infantry divisions. Undeterred, the IJA launched another attack on the city of Mokpo on April 20, which was quickly defeated. The IJA lost another 4 infantry divisions in the failed raid. The defenses of India fared no better, and on May 2 the Bengal city of Dhaka was liberated by PLA soldiers and Iran's expeditionary forces in eastern India were crushed.

The Battle of Dhaka eliminated the bulk of India's defenders stationed in the east

As India's defenses crumbled, Japan's last remaining stronghold on the Asian continent was liberated by the PLA in a series of battles. The First Battle of Pusan lasted from May 1 to May 5, and saw losses of 2,351 KIA on the PLA side and 5,649 KIA for the Japanese. The Second Battle of Pusan began on May 6 and lasted until May 11. Despite the ability of the IJA's air bomber wing to operate unnopposed and the IJN supporting the defense of the port city using carrier-based aircraft, none of those efforts were able to save the roughly 16 divisions and 15 field HQs from the PLA's onslaught.

The Second Battle of Pusan was a crushing blow to Japan's army

The capture of the city signaled Japan's expulsion from the Asian mainland, and on May 15 the People's Republic of Korea was declared a sovereign nation under the guidance of the PRC. The only point of contention between China's creation of the new Korean state and the Soviet Union were the areas of northern Korea under Soviet occupation. As with the Soviet-occupied provinces of Manchuria, the USSR's illegal occupation would cause tensions to rise in the future, but due to the pressing war with the Entente Powers it was agreed to let the matter rest in the short term.

The initial borders of the People's Republic of Korea

The creation of the PRK closes this period of WW3. At this point the PLA was the amongst the most modern armies in the world, but the PLAAF was composed entirely of small interceptor aircraft and the PLAN was still in its infancy. The state of the Chinese economy was such that no major increases in spending could be afforded to correct the air and naval deficiencies in the short term. To use simplified terms, the PRC's military-industrial complex had 157 units of industrial capacity. Aside from the 4 destroyer flotillas under construction, the majority of the PRC's budget was being spent on building air fields in Dihua, Shanghai, and Qingdao and on the construction of 20 industrial complexes and improving the Kaohsiung coastal defenses. In short, while the PRC was fully capable of liberating the rest of Asia from the imperialists, it would not be able to take the fight to the Entente itself. Due to its overwhelming naval superiority, the Entente could strike wherever and whenever it chose, and would be unwilling to negotiate any form of cease fire.

Military breakdown of the Communist International

Summary of the PLA's infantry weapons

Summary of the PLAN's submarine and destroyer programs

Summary of the PLAAF's light fighter program

Summary of the state of the PRC's industrial improvements

Summary of the PLA's training programs

Summary of the PLA's operational doctrine

The world on May 15, 1946

------------------------------------------------

And thus the final chapter is concluded. Thank you to everyone who followed this. It had a rocky start due to my funky work schedule (70 hours a week isn't fun ), but it proved to be very entertaining for me up until the end. The prospect of sitting and waiting to build up a navy from 0 techs is what killed the end game for me, though looking at where I ended up at given I only had 3 LS to start and was fighting for survival, I don't think there was much I could've done to speed up the naval research.
    Last edited by TheBromgrev; 12-06-2012 at 03:30.
    The Historical Plausibility Project - 1.0.4 (final) for HoI3, 2.04 (final) for SF, 3.0.0 (final) for FtM, 3.3.2 (beta) for TFH
    Alt-History: Code Geass Timeline - v1.8 for Victoria 2: A House Divided (final), v2.2 for Heart of Darkness, based on the Pop Demand mod

My AARs:
    Kantai Kessen - Empire of Japan HPP 2.6.71a (mid-FTM) AAR - Last update April 16, 2013 - Abandoned

My information thread about ww2 naval expansion for the world's naval powers, large and small. Last update August 22, 2013; reworked the Soviet entry.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the Throne
    March of the EaglesSengokuMount & Blade: Warband500k club

I patiently await your next AAR This one was fantastic.
    "I am not a man of blood; and God is my witness that, in all of my wars, I have never been the aggressor and that my enemies have been the author of their own calamity." -Timur

Great read. Thank you for some good entertainment.

I'm looking forward to you next AAR as Japan using HPPs FTM version.

Cheers
    Moe
    I reject your reality and substitute my own!
    (Adam Savage)

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

You have certainly turned the PRC into a major world power. Understandably, your air/naval technology and production were running way behind, but hard choices were inevitable starting from such a low base. I know a few things fell nicely for you but, nevertheless, very well done indeed!

What happened to this AAR?

Quote Originally Posted by mosin_nagant View Post
    What happened to this AAR?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBromgrev View Post
    And thus the final chapter is concluded. Thank you to everyone who followed this. It had a rocky start due to my funky work schedule (70 hours a week isn't fun ), but it proved to be very entertaining for me up until the end. The prospect of sitting and waiting to build up a navy from 0 techs is what killed the end game for me, though looking at where I ended up at given I only had 3 LS to start and was fighting for survival, I don't think there was much I could've done to speed up the naval research.
    The last paragraph of the last chapter explains it all I didn't find the idea of sitting and doing nothing while trying to build a navy that was modern and large enough to beat the Allies to be fun, especially at the slow speed the game was going at.

My AARs:

Closed Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13