• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Swaziland

(196:cool: Kingdom of Swaziland
vicc.png
hoirr.png
birj.png
59300926.png

59541531.png

c00wpzuqhmkyh8q7q.bmp

Libya

(1864–1911) Tripolitania Vilayet
vic1i.png
hoi1.png
bir1.png
dh1x.png

hv1m.png

c00wvgm0n1da0mfg6.bmp

(1918–1923) Tripolitanian Republic
vic2w.png
hoi2i.png
bir2.png
dh2h.png

hv2.png

c00wwpe5q9sred41i.bmp

(1949–1951) Emirate of Cyrenaica
vic3s.png
hoi3l.png
bir3.png
dh3y.png

hv3.png

c00wy4xyxbkht61ti.bmp

Algeria

(1962-) People's Democratic Republic of Algeria
viche.png
hoinf.png
birm.png
58762638.png

69581480.png

c03ty7qvecoyhahfa.bmp

Angola

(1956-1975) MPLA
vic1h.png
hoi1.png
bir1b.png
dh1.png

hv1.png

c03u7jikgyzqrwgqe.bmp

(1967-1975) Portuguese Overseas Province of Angola
vic2s.png
hoi2.png
bir2.png
dh2a.png

hv2.png

c03ucqe0u8mlsfg6u.bmp

(2003) Proposed Flag of Angola
vic3.png
hoi3.png
bir3.png
dh3.png

hv3.png

c03ueocc6ws3ecl2u.bmp

(1975-) Republic of Angola
vic4.png
hoi4.png
bir4.png
dh4a.png

hv4.png

c03ug9d8qk0nse6d2.bmp
c03ugpekyxfwlet2u.bmp

Hello RumpNissen. As you may have noticed there is a project currently ongoing to convert MDS2 to Darkest Hour. With your permission, I would like to include your flags in the conversion. The flags look fantastic and the large amount of countries you have made flags for really helps flesh out the conversion.

Hello RumpNissen. As you may have noticed there is a project currently ongoing to convert MDS2 to Darkest Hour. With your permission, I would like to include your flags in the conversion. The flags look fantastic and the large amount of countries you have made flags for really helps flesh out the conversion.

You are welcome to use my flags to your hearts content. Just credit me for them in your mod ^^;

However it has recently come to my attention that the air force markings in the counters are too big and needs to be edited. Which flags has the highest priority? I can start editing them all right now.

You are welcome to use my flags to your hearts content. Just credit me for them in your mod ^^;
However it has recently come to my attention that the air force markings in the counters are too big and needs to be edited. Which flags has the highest priority? I can start editing them all right now.

@RumpNissen89: The problem with your counters is that they are 32-bit.
... DH needs a 24-bit counter, which is then passed through the counter_maker program, along with a prototype counter, to make an in-game 8-bit counter. Else your counters appear as "strange" objects in DH.

The counters in HOI2/DH are fully controlled by the counter_strip.bmp in the gfx/map folder. The reason why your enlarged air force markings are clipped (not showing fully), is because the roundel pixel area on the counter_strip is smaller than your roundel on the counter. Also the counter program seems to cause this as well?

Today I downloaded a trial of Photoshop to see if I could enlarge the pixel area on the counter_strip, but after 2 hours, I had to give up, as no matter what I tried, it remained clipped in-game. I've previously tried GIMP, with the same result.

Until we can solve the issue of this area being too small, we will have to keep with the smaller roundel. UNLESS you have an idea to fix it? :ninja:

EDIT: And you cannot just go from either 32bit or 24bit to 8-bit, I tried that! The 24bit counter must be passed through this counter_maker program... Could be just a simple palette issue, but I don't know enough to go further.

Last edited:
And you cannot just go from either 32bit or 24bit to 8-bit, I tried that! The 24bit counter must be passed through this counter_maker program... Could be just a simple palette issue, but I don't know enough to go further.

Another problem is that the Counter_maker program simply doesn't work for me.
c5gypojsuck7u17zb.gif

Is this a compatibility issue? Because it stopped working after I "upgraded" to Windows 7.

Is this a compatibility issue? Because it stopped working after I "upgraded" to Windows 7.[/QUOTE]

No, I use Windows 7 as well. Are you using 24-bit counters?
.. You can batch produce your 32-bit counters... to 24-bit all in one go, they just need to be in the same folder (but they also have the same name?) using IrfanView.

EDIT: 32-bit is the default setting on some graphics progs. You always have to change it to 24.

Is this a compatibility issue? Because it stopped working after I "upgraded" to Windows 7.

No, I use Windows 7 as well. Are you using 24-bit counters?
.. You can batch produce your 32-bit counters... to 24-bit all in one go, they just need to be in the same folder (but they also have the same name?) using IrfanView.

EDIT: 32-bit is the default setting on some graphics progs. You always have to change it to 24.

No, it doesn't matter if they're 32- or 24-bit. It always ends up like that, it just doesn't work for me. It worked fine before I upgraded to Windows 7.

No, it doesn't matter if they're 32- or 24-bit. It always ends up like that, it just doesn't work for me. It worked fine before I upgraded to Windows 7.

OK... If I drag the 24-bit counter into the CounterProgram, I get the error you have stated here above.

YOU MUST... drag the 24-bit counter AND the prototype counter, BOTH, into the CounterProgram, and it will work. Hopefully

The Africa pack has been updated:
- All flags are now in 24-bit and all counters have been properly edited and converted.
- Malaŵi's flag from 2010-2012 has been added to the folder

I will be updating the other continents gradually until I can update the world pack.

Last edited:
The Asia pack has been updated:
- All flags are now in 24-bit and all counters have been properly edited and converted.
- The autonomous region of Sikkim has been added to India's folder
- The autonomous island of Jeju-do has been added to South Korea's folder
- The autonomous region of Nakhchivan has been added to Azerbaijan's folder
- Iraq's flag from 1991-2004 has been added to the folder
- Myanmar's flag from 1974-2010 has been added to the folder

Congrats Rump, one question, are you planing to make a Cold War era flag/shield/counter pack?

The Europe pack has been updated:
- All flags are now in 24-bit and all counters have been properly edited and converted
- Second Estonian counter with new air force marking (September 2011) has been added

Added a fix for the Asian pack:
- Second Sri Lankan counter with new air force marking (October 2011) has been added

The North America & Caribbean pack has been updated:
- All flags are now in 24-bit and all counters have been properly edited and converted
- Second Trinidad & Toboggan counter with new air force marking (November 2011) has been added