• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(252034)

Second Lieutenant
2 Badges
Jan 19, 2011
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
I accidentally fell asleep with CiM still running, shortly after placing 13 trains on a line and clicking the green flag. When I woke up, I was astonished to see that the trains were all equally spaced from one another and not simply one-behind-the-other when they first began. I replicated this, by placing as many trains as needed on a certain line before opening it and then hitting the green flag. I let the game run through on 3x speed for a year or so and the trains were equally spaced out after a given time.

So, contrary to what some here may think, there is some kind of system in place to account for equal spacing between vehicles on any of the modes of transport but it takes very long for it to happen. You will notice that some vehicles may sit longer at the stops, while others are in and out of the stop in a few second but you just have to let it play out. And don't be worried about the initial influx of riders, it takes over a year for that "new line rush" to equal out as long as the line is frequent enough to handle the busiest station. Provided there are no potential jams on any line or not too many lines at one stop, CiM will take care of the rest for you! ;)

Last edited:
I believe you found what I like to call "breakdowns", it's a handy little feature that brings your vehicles nicely spaced out ;)

Works best on subway, less effective in the streets with other traffic

This is already known. The vehicles will wait longer if another vehicle is in front of them. The problem is that it takes a very long time and usually it only works for metro or trams that are seperated from traffic.