+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Granada tips?

Impossible? A Challenge! jorian's Avatar
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gigau View Post

Fair enough. Might give them a trait that compensate for the wrong culture / wrong religion situation.
    modifier: Crusader Remnant
    effect: 80% less negatives on religion/culture issue, less likely culture/religion conversion of territory unless they own 30 or more provinces (to avoid a few province minors or even a bigger Jerusalem easily convert except if they are big enough to say they overcame their weaknesses)

crusader remnant flagged/modifier using realms could also form crusader realms like Kingdom of Jerusalem, KoEgypt, Cilicia, or Latin Empire
    "Maps are cool, everybody loves maps!" - Johan

Jake, if I had to guess who would be spared I'd guess one of the Steppe Horde factions. Likely you can't even declare on them. All the rest, well I am interested to see how much monthly income you are getting from each one.

Also, does a blockade count as an engagement for avoiding the auto white peace? I don't think I have ever left a war go on that long with only blockades. If it doesn't then that will be a pain trying to engage every enemy at least once every few years.

Also, wouldn't your income be high enough that you could just declare and regain stability with massive investment? Seems easier than hunting for CB's. Especially once your colonial lands start coring.

Ship Simulator Extremes

Quote Originally Posted by Blxz View Post
    Jake, if I had to guess who would be spared I'd guess one of the Steppe Horde factions. Likely you can't even declare on them. All the rest, well I am interested to see how much monthly income you are getting from each one.
    Ah, I mean which nations that I can reach I'm going to spare. I'm not going to be declaring on countries that I cannot blockade.

Also, does a blockade count as an engagement for avoiding the auto white peace? I don't think I have ever left a war go on that long with only blockades. If it doesn't then that will be a pain trying to engage every enemy at least once every few years.
    That's right, blockades reset the white peace timer, so constant blockades mean no white peace.

Also, wouldn't your income be high enough that you could just declare and regain stability with massive investment? Seems easier than hunting for CB's. Especially once your colonial lands start coring.
    The income goes straight into the coffers. It amounts to about 2200 ducats per month. That more than covers my fleet, my standing army and all the buildings I build with 0 minting. I've been able to take my inflation down from 28 to 3.

To bad its not investable. Post screenshots when you have the whole world blockaded; looking forward to this.

Ship Simulator Extremes

All done. A few nations were breaking away towards the end and Imperialism only works on countries you border. How well, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. Terra Incogneta was turned off just for these screenshots.

I'm sure it's been brought up before, but something needs done about this. These requirements are unreasonable for a large empire, especially the ones involving coal and hardware/munitions.

If you are mercantile there's provincial decisions you can enact to change the tradegood into one of those, so it may not be as hard as it first seems.

Ship Simulator Extremes

Yes, but you can only do it for a maximum of 3 provinces. The requirements say you need 6+ if you have over 100 cities.

I recall the decision becoming available again with time... But I guess I could be misremembering.

I like.

I like a lot.

That's very impressive. And also very silly.

F-CEO of EUIV:MEIOU and Taxes gigau's Avatar
    95 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Deus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Hearts of Iron: The Card GameCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of War

Roaming zombishly... looking for icooooonsssss !
    Blog Entries
    Woul:dn't one say that money from blackade is overpowered ? I mean, unless i'm mistaken, blockade should instead be a money drain, having to maintain a fleet in position. Where would the income be coming from ?
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • Europa Universalis IV •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Franηais | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    • Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3 •
    • Ainsi Je Frappe - the level 1 unit sprite revamp. •
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop
    • Awarded the SAS Award for Forum Dedication •
    • Vice-Zombiemaster of the Icon Zombie Club ! •

Captured merchant ships I guess. But the money is more nonsensical than overpowered, you have to invest quite a bit in Ideas to be able to get a good fleet and blockade efficiency.

95 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Deus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Hearts of Iron: The Card GameCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of War

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by YF-23 View Post
    Captured merchant ships I guess. But the money is more nonsensical than overpowered, you have to invest quite a bit in Ideas to be able to get a good fleet and blockade efficiency.
    Well, after the blockade is started, i guess ships wouldn't try to go past the blockade if it means losing that much money.
    • Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual •
    • If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...
    •
    • MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<< •

M&T Subforum | M&T en Franηais | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    • Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3 •
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop

Aye, that's why I said it's nonsensical rather than overpowered. Blockades should be more of a moneydrain for the blockades side than a moneymaker for the blockading side, and should starve geographically sea-dependant countries.

95 games registered

Blog Entries
    I'll look if we can remove or at least decrease the money gain from blockade.
    •

Ship Simulator Extremes

The money I make off of blockades is based only on the trade value of goods. The reason I'm making so much money is because I'm blockading places with high trade value (well, I'm blockading every province) Wool provinces aren't worth it but ebony, wine, chinaware; they all make the crazy money especially late game when +trade value buildings have been built.

If you want to reduce blockades' effectiveness overtime as well as make it more of an economy crippler, you should make it that near the end of all the other blockade events, a massive national trade modifier is applied so that the trade value of a country's goods falls. This hurts them because broduction is based on trade value*production efficiency and it makes blockades not so lucrative in the long run.

Although with that said, It does take a lot of work to get to the stage of making good blockade money. My blockade income is about 225% because of ideas and the privateer great man. Galleys are cheap but the battles with the superpowers were not all that easy. It was similar to fighting Europe as the hoard in 1550. I can only have so many ships because of my national idea to reduce galley costs, being fully naval, having the ideas and mass shipyards/naval bases. My base naval limit, even with all of the Americas, is still under 300.

95 games registered

Blog Entries
    Okay... so you pulled this off by building your strategy for this ? That looks less non-sensical. But i'll take a look into it nontheless.
    •

Ship Simulator Extremes

Firenze was my practise run. After I formed Jerusalem it was all about the whole-world blockade :P

Personally I blame you for making me do it.

95 games registered

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DDRJake View Post
    Personally I blame you for making me do it.
    Me ? But... but... but...
    •

Ship Simulator Extremes

Ok, I'm revving up this thread again. For the new year, I want to do something....Ulmazing

I'd like to start right now, but if there's a new release coming out soon I'd rather hold off until then.
    Last edited by DDRJake; 02-01-2012 at 15:37.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast